List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

I might be by myself here but I honestly couldnt give two shits if Keath goes to GC just as a big F U to the dogs with their insulting stance on a player they are prepared to pay good money and 4 years to.

Obviously give Keath the option of coming back to us for a decent contract but if he wants a 4 year deal then he can go to GC.

Would also set a precedent that we are prepared to do things like this.

Our AFL team could have done with some players, particularly midfielders, who were actually trying, and not giving less than 20% effort. Given the lack of effort, stopping one opposition midfielder would have had no impact at all. At best it would have been a case of whack-a-mole.
If you whack to right mole it can have an incredible impact on the team you are playing. See 2017 Crow Rory Sloane for easy reference!!

I don't mind keeping Riley Knight but I don't want to be in a position again next year where we have too many guys to move on. I want guys fighting to keep their spot.

Look ahead to this time next years there are a fair few candidates already to be cut or who could retire.

I might be by myself here but I honestly couldnt give two shits if Keath goes to GC just as a big F U to the dogs with their insulting stance on a player they are prepared to pay good money and 4 years to.

Obviously give Keath the option of coming back to us for a decent contract but if he wants a 4 year deal then he can go to GC.

Not on your own there.

You're not alone. Hold fast and then if he wants to come back welcome him with both arms and a slightly better deal!

Time to play hardball for once!

I'm all for this as well

I'm all for this as well

Absolutely. If we can assure GC are most likely going to jump, then letting Keath get to PSD has my blessing.

A very good line in the sand option (and I've been pretty open with the notion of resigning Keath with even a decent salary output genuinely worries me, and has for months).

Last edited:

I would respect the AFC more for losing Keath for nothing and going to the Suns, then to let the Dogs bend us over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind keeping Riley Knight but I don't want to be in a position again next year where we have too many guys to move on. I want guys fighting to keep their spot.

Look ahead to this time next years there are a fair few candidates already to be cut or who could retire.
In 2020 we don't have enough player out of contract,
Our list is B Crouch, Milera, Brown, Gallucci, Himmelberg, Pohokle, Atkins, Hartigan and MacKay, with rookies Wilson, Strachan and whoever we sign this year.

Agreed. TR trying to say pick 45 better than nothing, perhaps, but if that’s all we’re risking then I’m quite happy not to blink.

When you’re getting out of the top 30 things very quickly become a crap shoot.

I’d much rather the club come out and show some balls than become a perenially walk over and seen as a feeder club for the eastern seaboard.

In 2020 we don't have enough player out of contract,
Our list is B Crouch, Milera, Brown, Gallucci, Himmelberg, Pohokle, Atkins, Hartigan and MacKay, with rookies Wilson, Strachan and whoever we sign this year.

A number of those will be cut though I feel? Only three there you could gurantee for 2021 Crouch (who might go anyway), Milera and Brown. Gibbs or Walker could easily retire as well.

I am happy for Keith to go to the draft. A pick in the mid 40's is no big deal. Who knows with other movements we might be able to afford him.

I am confident the Bulldogs will trade, they don't want to be waiting until late November and even then there are no guarantees.

His best talent imo is goal kicking.

If Nicks is looking to revamp our forward structure to look more like Richmonds, he might become a very effective small/med forward

Oh god, Knight is that much of a bust?

Out of contract players at the end of next year: Brad Crouch, Mackay, Himmelberg, Gallucci, Strachan, Hartigan, Brown, Poholke, Wlison, Atkins, Milera, Knight (presuming he stays for one more year), possibly Stengle (can't find any details about his term).

There's a few guys who'd want to show something over the next 6 months if they want to stick around.

I am happy for Keith to go to the draft. A pick in the mid 40's is no big deal. Who knows with other movements we might be able to afford him.

I am confident the Bulldogs will trade, they don't want to be waiting until late November and even then there are no guarantees.

For all we know, half of these “stalemate” trades have actually been completed, it’s just everyone’s waiting for the AFL imposed “start time” of 3pm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back