List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems a lot of people on this board have forgot that neither Rozee or Butters were playing midfield until year 4. Rozee only went in there after they got thrashed by Carlton at the MCG, it didn’t happen at the start of year 4.

Rozee was all but a stick, if he was at our club he'd have spent a year in the SANFL building his body.

Ralph reporting our offer is $850k per season to Hayward. Now that's definitely above what we're paying Dawson and Rankine!

Port and Blues not in the race and Swans supposedly got cap problems. I wonder if our $1mill x 10 to Gulden was just to make their cap tighter and that Hayward was always the real target.

Ralph reporting our offer is $850k per season to Hayward. Now that's definitely above what we're paying Dawson and Rankine!

Port and Blues not in the race and Swans supposedly got cap problems. I wonder if our $1mill x 10 to Gulden was just to make their cap tighter and that Hayward was always the real target.
Article link?

Hope not. Gulden would've been a good target.

Unsure if already posted here (I tried name searching the forum) VardyMagic on Twitter suggesting we're looking at Kobe Ryan and Luke Beecken:

EDIT: Sorry, I tried searching harder and see it's already very much been covered here

For some of our old mates who also post The Age articles they may have missed this one today re experience of lists. Dons with 17 players 26 and older, we have half that (Sloane gone and including Strachan and Burgess who are very much cheap back ups). We are just so young still and a few years off truly being in the “contending demographic” according to historical success. No wonder we are chasing FA and mature recruits as we don’t need any more young draftees.

Last edited:
Unsure if already posted here (I tried name searching the forum) VardyMagic on Twitter suggesting we're looking at Kobe Ryan and Luke Beecken:

EDIT: Sorry, I tried searching harder and see it's already very much been covered here

So Jenny’s info about Harper recruiting for us now is seemingly gospel? I know a few posters laughed at her new info when first posted recently.

For some of our old mates who also post The Age articles they may have missed this one today re experience of lists. Dons with 17 players 26 and older, we have half that (Sloane gone and including Strachan and Burgess who are very much cheap back ups). We are just so young still and a few years off truly being in the “contending demographic” according to historical success. No wonder we are chasing FA and mature recruits as we don’t need any more young draftees.

Yeah let's keep kicking the can down the road

Let the coaches off the hook

Let the list manager off the hook

Why not grab it now? I hate this tomorrow thinking

Ryan isn't 18
That’s true. It’s more I was never aware he did any scouting of players until Jenny informed us recently and was laughed at by some. Jenny has better contacts and info than virtually anyone on this forum from my understanding and when she makes such statements (rarely) they deserve to be taken seriously and respectfully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say both.
Oh come on, you’re being silly now. The tweeter was clearly at the game and dare say would have spoken to him otherwise he wouldn’t know who Harper was watching.

Jenny never said he was head recruiter but all clubs have scouts, all he’s doing is watching, taking notes etc, he’s not making the final call and considering he’s a paid employee with time on his hands and has a lot of football experience it makes perfect sense.

Oh come on, you’re being silly now. The tweeter was clearly at the game and dare say would have spoken to him otherwise he wouldn’t know who Harper was watching.

Jenny never said he was head recruiter but all clubs have scouts, all he’s doing is watching, taking notes etc, he’s not making the final call and considering he’s a paid employee with time on his hands and has a lot of football experience it makes perfect sense.

Bit of a trend here, isn't there?

Soligo? Rachele?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Good question but shows Reidy was likely ahead of the curve locking in potential elite young interstate talent early on with what is about to become a feeding frenzy. The clear risk with pent up demand and capacity to pay and limited supply is players (average and especially good/elite) will be contracted for way overs. Mc C 1.25, Hayward 850 etc

Is this all coming from Phil chatting to nuffs?

Take with a grain of salt.
Fair dinkum on what basis have you got to claim Harper is a bullshit artist?

Why is it so hard to believe that a paid employee of the club who looks after the woman’s program wouldn’t also help out with the men’s program by doing scouting? He has been around AFL football for at least 15 years, he watches kids, takes notes etc. He’s not coaching he’s not the head recruiter.

Why would any other football scout be more qualified than Harper to be a scout?

Fair dinkum on what basis have you got to claim Harper is a bullshit artist?

Why is it so hard to believe that a paid employee of the club who looks after the woman’s program wouldn’t also help out with the men’s program by doing scouting? He has been around AFL football for at least 15 years, he watches kids, takes notes etc. He’s not coaching he’s not the head recruiter.

Why would any other football scout be more qualified than Harper to be a scout?

This started because Soligo had a great game. Jenny then posts that Soligo's draft was Phil's first and that it might surprise some to know that Phil was the Victorian scout.

She's denied it, but my view was it was a dig at the posters who have made Phil the butt of jokes over the years.

I think he had **** all to do with the recruitment of Soligo, but hey people can believe what they want.

Edit; Just to be clear, I've never used the word 'heck' in my life. Swear filter?

Last edited:
This started because Soligo had a great game. Jenny then posts that Soligo's draft was Phil's first and that it might surprise some to know that Phil was the Victorian scout.

She's denied it, but my view was it was a dig at the posters who have made Phil the butt over jokes of the years.

I think he had heck all to do with the recruitment of Soligo, but hey people can believe what they want.

Edit; Just to be clear, I've never used the word 'heck' in my life. Swear filter?
Did she say VIC scout? I thought it was looking at 18 year olds (so slightly more mature kids)

Did she say VIC scout? I thought it was looking at 18 year olds (so slightly more mature kids)

When Rendell was head recruiter Hamish was the Victorian scout. Now Phil is and I don’t believe he’s restricted to just one State. He was very proud of the ‘21 haul of players, and justifiably so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back