List Mgmt. Glenn Luff - Has resigned as list manager

Remove this Banner Ad

The lack of list manager experience is an issue

Was hoping we got someone who had many years experience in this role

And if we were going to appoint someone internally we could have done so ages ago instead of waiting til now.

Everyone was convinced the reason we hadn’t appointed someone yet was because they were tied to another club

And if we were going to appoint someone internally we could have done so ages ago instead of waiting til now.

Everyone was convinced the reason we hadn’t appointed someone yet was because they were tied to another club
Ok Debbie Downer.

They should have just appointed him 2 months ago

Would love to know who else they considered

He would have been doing some or all of these duties over the last couple of months. Probably what got him over the line for the job. Giving him the title only changes your perception that someone is now doing the job.

Why would've you been freaked out? Analysts are to football as consultants are to the public service. David King is a disciple and whilst he makes plenty of sense in what he says, the fact that he finished near last in the H-Sun footy tips tells me that a lot of this analysis stuff is after the fact.
Completely no knowledge but the fact he’s been promoted and everyone else was sacked speaks volumes.

They should have just appointed him 2 months ago

Would love to know who else they considered
Believe SOS from carlton was considered but he's under contract/ retiring for some time at home. McCartney from GWS also due to north ties but he didnt want to go.

BFNAAK really?

Yes, really. Anyone who’s listened to Luffy on the wireless over the years has heard it mentioned many times. It was also pointed out when he left CD to join the club originally.

Rawlings has the list mgt experience....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been on North Talk too if I remember right

It’s a shame Ross doesn’t have more guests like that. He’s a pretty good host but the regulars are strugglers. The girl involved in the U18s isn’t too bad.

It’d great if he could somehow hook Rick18 into the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether we like it or not Data is considered critical to the success of an organisation these days and we now have the best in the business.
The combination of Rawlings and Luff excites me.. one sees the game the other the numbers.

also think Luffy will use the salary cap to its fullest extent.

Last edited:
From the club article;

"Prior to joining North, Luff worked at Champion Data for 20 years, breaking down game data to identify trends, playing styles and team tendencies – areas the Kangaroos identified as key focuses with the AFL's rule changes"

My questions are;
1. Was Luffy on board last year in time to think through 6-6-6 changes?
2. If so, were his predictions incorrect a little, a lot or ignored?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even if he was able to predict 6-6-6 mid 2018 when he came in, it would not be easy to adjust for us given we have Cunnington and Ziebell who are not suited for 6-6-6 due to the lack of a tank. We aren't going to dump the captain and we aren't going to get rid of our only consistent stoppage player. We brought in players like Polec, Hall and Tyson but we still had gelling issues due to our style under Brad vs the way these players played at their previous clubs. I think our drafting last year with Thomas, Taylor and Scott in particular can be seen as longer term investment in the direction football is heading.

Pittard turned out really well and I think Polec was a moderate success, I'd prefer to see him run and carry a bit more and kick into the forward 50 with more accuracy, he has helped with our ability to transition the ball forward, but his ratio of inside 50s to goal assists was worse than Gibson at his worst and in general there is less value of inside 50s that are turned over, especially long inside 50s where a defensive press hasn't had time to move into position to lock the ball in the forward half.

I am not optimistic about Shaw being able to significantly change players who are 26+, I think he has a lot more potential with the younger players, I think how he uses them and how quickly we can get the next generation up to speed will impact if we can achieve much during the time remaining of our 28+ players. However, managing the list is a long-term prospect, you need to make changes now for what you think is going to be the status quo 5 years from now as it takes time to develop.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back