Silvagni Sacked - Jack arcs up.

Remove this Banner Ad

So at R16 we’d be on 5-9 with games against GC, Sydney, Brisbane, West Coast, North Melbourne, Richmond, Melbourne and St Kilda to come?

I’d be OK with that given we’d have a chance in most of the remaining games.

I wonder if you would be back to revisit. Something tells me probably not.

At the end of that run, you will be only on 6 wins by round 22, that's with me being generous giving you 5 wins by round 16. Huge improvement that lel..

Very disappointed to lose SOS. Has done an awesome job. List is now set up for success. Just some topping up over next two years.

Club will now move forward and all will be okay. Nothing really changes and if the name wasn't Silvagni we wouldn't hear a word about it.

2020 is going to be a good year to be Navy Blue
List 'set up for success'.

Honestly :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Carlton will finally be competitive in 2020, still miles from finalists. You can blab on about top youngsters, we have 4 nominated for rising star and still not too gung to about things. The big recruitment haul is most likely the cause of a fall in 2020 as new players take time to get.....under a new coach.

Happy to. I bet the blues will not win more then 8 games next year so zero improvement

Not only that they will fall due to new influx of players as they take time to gel. At best, no improvement, at worst.....

Happy to. I bet the blues will not win more then 8 games next year so zero improvement

You just said we'd be 5 wins by Rd 16 and that is being generous and 6 by the end of the year. A bet is mentioned, you go to water and say no more than 8 wins making your previous predictions bullshit.

By the way, 7 wins last year and 8 wins next year would be an improvement. Count it on your fingers if you need to.

Last edited:
Not only that they will fall due to new influx of players as they take time to gel. At best, no improvement, at worst.....

Oh, I like this one. Any team who got new players is destined to fall.

So we're going to have a hard time getting Eddie Betts to gel with the team? Probably not.

Jack Martin maybe, but we have others to fill his position. Newnes is fringe. Pittonet is backup. The rest are draftees and we all had to participate in the draft.

If we struggle next year, I won't be suggesting our team didn't gel.

Carlton will finally be competitive in 2020, still miles from finalists. You can blab on about top youngsters, we have 4 nominated for rising star and still not too gung to about things. The big recruitment haul is most likely the cause of a fall in 2020 as new players take time to get.....under a new coach.

What big recruitment haul?

4 mature aged players, only 2 likely to be best 22. 3 kids in the National Draft, one who won't play in 2020, 2 kids in the rookie draft.

Are you thinking of another team?

At the end of that run, you will be only on 6 wins by round 22, that's with me being generous giving you 5 wins by round 16. Huge improvement that lel..

Oh, here I was thinking we might be able to engage in genuine discussion.

Turns out I overestimated and you're just another Richmond troll.

lel... :drunk:

There is definitely a conflict of interest but it’s the same conflict of interest that’s existed for five years.

Carlton should admit to the real reasons he’s been sacked. Why is conflict of interest suddenly an issue that the club never worried about before?
Wasn’t he spotted having lunch with Ross Lyon last season? Maybe he improved his list management capabilities

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This conflict of interest statement from the blues Opens them up to challenge from the Silvagnis, and not just SOS IMO.

Are we to infer that Ben and/or Jack would have been delisted already if not for direct/indirect interference from SOS?

How can these boys have any confidence in their place on the list now? Lucky for the Blues the AFL quashed ideas of mid-season trading this year or both these boys would have their reqs in IMO.

What an absolute state this club is in.

With the Blues on the cusp of some real success with a very good young squad in place and what looks like a decent coach, its heartening to see them making efforts to ruin things.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You'd think while this young crop are galvanising and a culture forming, all the adults in the room would agree stability is of the utmost importance.

So, obviously, in a year where they have already replaced a coach, the most mature course of action for the Carlton footy Club is to sack a club legend and piss off the father-sons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back