Welcome to the Adelaide Crows, Cathal McShane (narrator: he didn't come)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm pleased that we are exploring this avenue but we can't even get our 1st Round Draft Pick AFL players into the team

Sounding suspiciously like a 457 Visa argument there...

It's simply more competition for spots so can't be a bad thing. It's up to our 1st round draft picks to step up to the plate.

As an Irish native myself i'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to our club. We've never really taken the 'Irish experiment' seriously, imo, so i'm sure Hamish/Reid have seen something in him at the Europe combine to take a chance on him. We've done pretty well with our Cat B's!

Would think he'd at least picked up a Sherrin. Time will tell. Perfect Cat B recruit.
Nice HHF running up and down the wing, Fending off Dusty...in 2022. I'd love to see that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Irish AFL fan here & also a huge GAA fan. Really intrigued by this potential move. McShane is a beast of a player, already an established star in GAA with Tyrone. His high fielding was exceptional last year in the championship. He’s also quite explosive and two footed. I would see him as a potential key forward in time if he makes it. Have no doubt if he comes over, it’s with the aim of playing AFL in his first season. You guys should be excited. As an Irishman I would love it if freo dabbled in the GAA market for players but it’s not something we have really gone near. Will be watching this move very closely. He’s a current All star (all Australian equivalent) so should theoretically be making a much quicker impact than other Irish players

Reading a bit about him in Irish papers, I saw that he first took part in AFL training sessions in 2014. Don't know how serious but daresay he's made himself pretty familiar with the ball over last five years or so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back