BBL BBL|09 Game 27: Adelaide Strikers v Sydney Sixers @ Adelaide Oval 8th Jan 2020 3:40pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide Strikers (3-2 1NR)
  • 5. Alex CAREY (c)(+)
  • 21. Wes AGAR
  • 13. Harry CONWAY
  • 19. Rashid KHAN
  • 20. Michael NESER
  • 4. Harry NIELSEN (+)
  • 1. Phil SALT
  • 2. Matthew SHORT
  • 64. Peter SIDDLE
  • 3. Billy STANLAKE
  • 6. Cameron VALENTE
  • 28. Jake WEATHERALD
  • 29. Jon WELLS

In: Agar, Nielsen, Valente
Out: Cameron WHITE

Liam O'CONNOR omitted from the XIII

Sydney Sixers (5-2)
  • 16. Daniel HUGHES (c)
  • 32. Justin AVENDANO
  • 33. Jackson BIRD
  • 59. Tom CURRAN
  • 27. Ben DWARSHUIS
  • 18. Jack EDWARDS
  • 38. Josh HAZLEWOOD
  • 46. Ben MANENTI
  • 72. Steve O'KEEFE
  • 22. Josh PHILIPPE (+)
  • 7. Lloyd POPE
  • 14. Jordan SILK
  • 9. James VINCE

In: Manenti, O'Keefe

Unchanged XIII

Last edited:

Rightly so, he's cooked. He may get another go later on in the tournament when Carey goes but I'd honestly prefer Valente in the team.

And I'm surprised Carey and Hazlewood are playing this one.
Surely Nielsen replaces Carey? And with Head not going to India, I don't see how White gets a game. I'd go with a squad like this once Head is available.

Weatherald
Salt
Head (C)
Wells
Nielsen +
Short/Valente
Neser
Khan
Siddle
Agar
Conway

Surely Nielsen replaces Carey? And with Head not going to India, I don't see how White gets a game. I'd go with a squad like this once Head is available.

Weatherald
Salt
Head (C)
Wells
Nielsen +
Short/Valente
Neser
Khan
Siddle
Agar
Conway

I was just assuming Nielsen gets a game tomorrow, then when Carey leaves White could potentially take his spot. Feel like the Strikers need an extra batsmen in there it's just that the options are ordinary.

Weird time slot but perfect for TV. This game will lead straight into the night game which is all they care about.

Weird time slot but perfect for TV. This game will lead straight into the night game which is all they care about.
TBF we all complained about the length of the competition, compromises have to be made. I would have thought having two matches at 6:40pm on a weeknight would have been preferable though. Just don't have both Melbourne/Sydney teams playing in the same timeslot. Free to air in each state would obviously have to skip the game not featuring a team from that state. Foxtel could show both simultaneously (though they wouldn't like it).

Last edited:
I reckon the expected crowd today will be so small they could've easily played this at Karen Rolton Oval!

There's no Adelaide Oval express buses, and no event parking restrictions in North Adelaide.

While I get the need to condense the season timeframe, playing matches at 3:00pm on a weekday afternoon is just madness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBF we all complained about the length of the competition, compromises have to be made. I would have thought having two matches at 6:40pm on a weeknight would have been preferable though. Just don't have both Melbourne/Sydney teams playing in the same timeslot. Free to air in each state would obviously would have to skip the game not featuring a team from that state. Foxtel could show both simultaneously (though they wouldn't like it).

They would've been better off adopting an AFL style schedule on weekends - First match at 2:00pm, second match at 5:00pm, third match at 8:00pm (or 3:30pm, 6:30pm and 9:30pm game in Perth).

TBF we all complained about the length of the competition, compromises have to be made. I would have thought having two matches at 6:40pm on a weeknight would have been preferable though. Just don't have both Melbourne/Sydney teams playing in the same timeslot. Free to air in each state would obviously would have to skip the game not featuring a team from that state. Foxtel could show both simultaneously (though they wouldn't like it).

My main issue is the weekend games. It's idiotic to not have two games a day on both weekend days. Could even schedule the Scorchers home game for one of those days

My main issue is the weekend games. It's idiotic to not have two games a day on both weekend days. Could even schedule the Scorchers home game for one of those days
Write the BBL a letter mate! Sign it with your big footy user name. Power to the people 😂

Write the BBL a letter mate! Sign it with your big footy user name. Power to the people 😂

Haha I will pass.

Schedule has been a mile better this year. Last year dragged on for a month in excess.

They would've been better off adopting an AFL style schedule on weekends - First match at 2:00pm, second match at 5:00pm, third match at 8:00pm (or 3:30pm, 6:30pm and 9:30pm game in Perth).

No one would ever watch 3 matches in a day thus Foxtel would lose out there too. Also it would be competing with test cricket too.

Last edited:
No one would ever watch 3 matches in a day thus Foxtel would lose out there too. Also it would be competing with test cricket too.

Obviously this wouldn't work on test match days.

In regards to no one watching 3 matches in a day, on Sunday we had full test day followed by 2 BBL matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back