Prediction Your 2020 Best 22 (Post Trade Period)

Remove this Banner Ad

He can certainly run and kick but more about fitting him in the side. Might be named on the wing but between him, Doc and Newman, I'd still like to see him playing a fair bit off half back. Could be quite a combo to have Doc and Newman sweeping back, connecting with SPS who brings the ball through the middle with some classy disposal.
Can’t believe the headache we are going to have trying to fit our players into the senior side.

Sps disposals are classy but I think he needs to bring the long kicking into his arsenal as well. Sometimes the ball needs to go in long and quick.

Can’t believe the headache we are going to have trying to fit our players into the senior side.

Sps disposals are classy but I think he needs to bring the long kicking into his arsenal as well. Sometimes the ball needs to go in long and quick.

Reality is you need a solid 30-35 man list to actually be competitive. Russell said something along those lines recently.

Considering a few developing also we are in a healthy space. Competition is good :) and a much better position than we have been in for a long time.

Thinking players like Gibbons, Newnes and Casboult as examples who I can see making way at times.

Yep for sure. We've seen him do it and do it well, but he's definitely opted for the short 25m pass a lot more. Unsure if that's under instruction or his own decisions, but either way, would be good to see him go longer.

Yep for sure. We've seen him do it and do it well, but he's definitely opted for the short 25m pass a lot more. Unsure if that's under instruction or his own decisions, but either way, would be good to see him go longer.

I think it's just the way he plays SPS. Prefers to spot up the free target and hit them than kick to a contest. That might change as he learns to trust in the aerial ability of Harry, Charlie, Gov etc.

Long time avid reader on here, but rarely ever posted. I think JSOS is a bit maligned and that his best position may be in the guts in my best 22. I love his desperation which is very similar to his father’s and is so so important to have within a team and is a trait that is a necessity to possess in successful teams, particularly in the heat of finals football. He sticks his tackles, never shirks an issue and bleeds blue. This is the type of player I want picked every week!

He is extremely clean at gaining possessions, makes great decisions under pressure, with precision and speed. As a midfielder, he is another big body to take the load off Cripps, he can push forward to take marks and kick goals. He also seems to have built his tank considerably, having watched his games and according to training reports (thanks to all the brilliant reports!).

Long time avid reader on here, but rarely ever posted. I think JSOS is a bit maligned and that his best position may be in the guts in my best 22. I love his desperation which is very similar to his father’s and is so so important to have within a team and is a trait that is a necessity to possess in successful teams, particularly in the heat of finals football. He sticks his tackles, never shirks an issue and bleeds blue. This is the type of player I want picked every week!

He is extremely clean at gaining possessions, makes great decisions under pressure, with precision and speed. As a midfielder, he is another big body to take the load off Cripps, he can push forward to take marks and kick goals. He also seems to have built his tank considerably, having watched his games and according to training reports (thanks to all the brilliant reports!).

I couldn't agree more. I love him. And I think he brings a desperation that the team needs. But damn... Who misses out?

Cripps and Setterfield feel like the first two big bodies chosen. Walsh and Murphy are non negotiable. You then have speed of Fisher, and experience of Ed Curnow. I can't drop them. That's already 5 mids/centres and a bench. One more spot free. Hes competing with O'Brien and Newnes... Maybe Dow?

My Mid is:
C Murphy, Setterfield, O'Brien
Followers (Kruezer), Cripps, Walsh
Bench: Fisher, Ed Curnow.

I can't get him in.

My spot for him is 3rd small forward with Eddie and Martin, but he's fighting Cunningham, Gibbons... Kennedy.

Maybe he gets a bench spot, but it's tough.

I've got everything crossed for him.

For me I would have JSOS as part of the game day midfield rotation. the old position 'centreman' comes to mind when I think of him playing midfield.
Have him in there as well, originally if I’m being honest I found it a bit bemusing that he couldn’t get any continuity in the one position from a development point of view, for such a young player that’s basically been thrown in the deep and been expected to flourish was always going to be a tough ask for anyone.

When I look at our best 22 this year I reckon he will be our forward “Mr Fix it” rotating through the midfield when the job needs doing and playing that forward defensive role

I couldn't agree more. I love him. And I think he brings a desperation that the team needs. But damn... Who misses out?

Cripps and Setterfield feel like the first two big bodies chosen. Walsh and Murphy are non negotiable. You then have speed of Fisher, and experience of Ed Curnow. I can't drop them. That's already 5 mids/centres and a bench. One more spot free. Hes competing with O'Brien and Newnes... Maybe Dow?

My Mid is:
C Murphy, Setterfield, O'Brien
Followers (Kruezer), Cripps, Walsh
Bench: Fisher, Ed Curnow.

I can't get him in.

My spot for him is 3rd small forward with Eddie and Martin, but he's fighting Cunningham, Gibbons... Kennedy.

Maybe he gets a bench spot, but it's tough.

I've got everything crossed for him.

Injuries will solve the problem

He just has to be on the field

I'd suggest Jack is on the fringe of senior selection in 2020. It isn't a surprise to see him as a lock for some, but possibly missing out for others.

He will see plenty of senior football in 2020, and will always be in the conversation whilst on the list, given his footy smarts which are off the charts.

I'd suggest Jack is on the fringe of senior selection in 2020. It isn't a surprise to see him as a lock for some, but possibly missing out for others.

He will see plenty of senior football in 2020, and will always be in the conversation whilst on the list, given his footy smarts which are off the charts.

I think he's on the fringe, but not on the fringe, if ya know what i mean. I reckon the selectors have his name in the bunch of definates now, but it's just a matter of where they stick his magnet on the board.

I always name him on the bench in my designated best 22 side, because he can be played in a lot of roles. That really is his 1 wood....his versatility. It's always great to have 1 or maybe 2 genuine utilities in your 22. It allows the bulk of the team to settle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silvagni plays every week for mine.
First named on the interchange as we can basically send him anywhere on the field he’s required and know he’ll deliver unconditionally.

BTW ... are you gonna pull those pistols or just whistle Dixie ...:thumbsu:

Best 22 really is irrelevant we need at least 30 player upto afl standard. Here's my list-

1 Cripps
2 Docherty
3 Kreuzer
4 Weitering
5 Jones
6 McKay
7 Curnow
8 Walsh
9 Murphy
10 SPS
11 Martin
12 Fisher
13 Setterfield
14 Plowman
15 Betts
16 McGovern
17 Newman
18 Cuningham
19 JSOS
20 Newnes
21 Ed
22 Simpson
23 Kennedy
24 Casboult
25 Marchbank
26 Dow
27 O'Brien
28 Pittonet
29 Gibbons
30 Stocker
31 Williamson
32 Philp
33 De Koning
34 Macreadie
35 Goddard
36 Lang

Looks like a solid list to me

Best 22 really is irrelevant we need at least 30 player upto afl standard. Here's my list-

1 Cripps
2 Docherty
3 Kreuzer
4 Weitering
5 Jones
6 McKay
7 Curnow
8 Walsh
9 Murphy
10 SPS
11 Martin
12 Fisher
13 Setterfield
14 Plowman
15 Betts
16 McGovern
17 Newman
18 Cuningham
19 JSOS
20 Newnes
21 Ed
22 Simpson
23 Kennedy
24 Casboult
25 Marchbank
26 Dow
27 O'Brien
28 Pittonet
29 Gibbons
30 Stocker
31 Williamson
32 Philp
33 De Koning
34 Macreadie
35 Goddard
36 Lang

Looks like a solid list to me

Are they your rankings?

Are they your rankings?

Yes. It's not how talented they are but how important they are to the team which is Kreuzer and our spine are ranked just after Cripps and Docherty. I also put ed and Simpson at the bottom of the 22 because I think we need to look at replacing them by years end. Dow is one player I want in the 22 but I'm not sure who to take out.

Potential round 1 lineup taking into account injuries and training reports.

Or in other words - some shit I just made up.

FB: Plowman Jones Simpson
HB: Docherty Weitering Newman
C: SPS Walsh LOB
R: Kreuzer Cripps Murphy
HF: Martin McGovern Fisher
F: Betts McKay Casboult
Int: JSOS E. Curnow Marchbank Setterfield

Emergency: Kennedy Dow Cuningham Gibbons

I like it

Mine is only marginally different, but I am sure it will change before round 1

C: Walsh Setterfield LOB

HF: Martin Casboult McGovern
F: Betts McKay/TDK Fisher

Int: Gibbons E. Curnow Cuningham SPS

Emergency: Newnes Dow Marchbank JSOS

Contenders: Lang Pittonet Stocker Williamson Kennedy Cottrell Ramsay

Charlie to be available 2nd half of the year

Starting to get touch to pick best 22

I've got max respect for Gibbons

But get him out of your best 22 people

I like it

Mine is only marginally different, but I am sure it will change before round 1

C: Walsh Setterfield LOB

HF: Martin Casboult McGovern
F: Betts McKay/TDK Fisher

Int: Gibbons E. Curnow Cuningham SPS

Emergency: Newnes Dow Marchbank JSOS

Contenders: Lang Pittonet Stocker Williamson Kennedy Cottrell Ramsay

Charlie to be available 2nd half of the year

Starting to get touch to pick best 22
Still can't get over having names like Marchbank, Dow, Williamson and Kennedy sitting out of a best 22 side. How's the D-word?

locked & loaded

Still can't get over having names like Marchbank, Dow, Williamson and Kennedy sitting out of a best 22 side. How's the D-word?

It always starts like that and ends up like............

Give us Brisbanes injury run from last year and continuity in the group and it will show us up much better than for any perceived depth.......over to you Jack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back