Which player(s) from your club are you ashamed of

Remove this Banner Ad

Ashamed is a pretty intense word.

Players that I've been disappointed in/perception has been changed for various reasons would include:
- Tom Bugg
- Tom Scully
- Jack Watts
- Liam Jurrah
- James Frawley
- Brock McLean
- Jeff Farmer
- David Schwarz
- Garry Lyon

Players that gave/give me the shits:
- The Wagners
- Dean Terlich
- Tom Gillies
- Oscar McDonald
- Heritier Lamumba

Never played a game for the Crows but he was on our 92 rookie list, John Bunting who ended up being convicted of the Snowtown killings. If he showed the same attack on the ball as he did some drugged up handcuffed guy in a disused bank vault, he may have played 150 games

Doubtful, but Adelaide has a seriously dark underside.

It even gets a mention here.

otherwise I was think Nathan Bock was a bit of a dog for belting his missus and was glad when he went to Gold Coast
Agree this. He was excellent for us but certainly tarnished that

Laurence Angwin. Supposedly stole from team mates. Allegedly liked the persians. Waste of our highest ever draft pick. Didn't play a game.

Kurt Tippett. The dodgy contract. We (the club) need to shoulder 100% of the blame no doubt but placating him was the first domino.

Last edited:
I can't mention the names cos I don't know who they are - but I think one day it'll become clear who started the drug culture at West Coast. It was pretty easy to palm it off as a problem limited to a small generation of players until Chris Mainwairing's death, which made it seem like someone within the club had fostered and facilitated that culture over a long period of time.

Going to be massively controversial here but I am going to say Michael O'Loughlin as I have read the gang rape accusation (also involving Peter Burgoyne) and to me it sounds legitimate. I think there is a good chance both men did it, even if they were never found guilty.

Yet oloughlin is held up as some sort of legend... you generally don’t pay someone 200k without a good reason?

Terrible player or terrible bloke or both?

How Justin Murphy ever darkened our doors got me. There's Ablett but that's post career. Eagles fans must still feel rankled that someone like a Tom Swift ever pulled on their colours.

This will probably turn in to a s**t fest of accusations and rumours but here's hoping.
Who is Tom swift and what did he do?
Genuine question.

Pretty obvious who wins our "worse bloke" award. Almost tore the club apart.

For the Lions, Albert Proud would have to be up there.

Is a gun on FootyFanatic though, so all is forgiven.

In all seriousness though, he is a massive piece of sh!t.

Last edited:
The more time goes by, the more I think Jake King and Ty Vickery will earn a place on this list. (I'm sure some would say they already have).
The Lustre of Jake kings playful bad boy attitude has worn off for me overtime

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be massively controversial here but I am going to say Michael O'Loughlin as I have read the gang rape accusation (also involving Peter Burgoyne) and to me it sounds legitimate. I think there is a good chance both men did it, even if they were never found guilty.
I never realized he was there/part of it. Always just hear Burgoynes name.

nice work jumboprince

Don’t think this is controversial.

Don’t think this is controversial.

It is controversial in the sense that O'Loughlin really is one of the biggest names in the Swans. He was the first player to 300 games in Swans history and surprisingly not as many people as you would think are aware of the rape accusations against him. Everyone knows Milne's, not nearly as many know O'Loughlin's.

Never played a game for the Crows but he was on our 92 rookie list, John Bunting who ended up being convicted of the Snowtown killings. If he showed the same attack on the ball as he did some drugged up handcuffed guy in a disused bank vault, he may have played 150 games
Heard that Neil Kerley was doing the psych testing then. Got completely fooled by young John he did.

Not from my club but played against the bloke, ben sharp, Got rookied to the eagles, few years after he got the chop him and his brother pulled guns on an armored truck and robbed it. Also got done for drug trafficking. Then in court blamed the eagles for getting him into the drug scene. Was always a massive flog

Heard that Neil Kerley was doing the psych testing then. Got completely fooled by young John he did.

Oh look, serial killing aside, the guy was a bloody good footballer. At least now when we look back at him getting sacked for missing training sessions later in the year...well there was a reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back