Training 2020 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t change the fact a lot of people think their club what ever standard that is get a raw deal. The problem with is is it’s illogical because it’s not possible. Anyway my point stands. If they do or don’t pay a free to someone and that someone gets injured he still gets injured.

Bias is not illogical. Plenty of studies have given away people's subconscious prejudices. Even people who think they are progressive thinking will have a heart rate race when they see a photo of people of different backgrounds. Footy teams have enough history and division for officiators (who also might support an opposing club and not be able to put that aside) to make decisions based on perception. Something like the Saints are s**t, they have always been s**t and play rough to overcome their shitness. Or the Hawks are a successful club, they do things the right way.

Rath is 1 pleasing away from being cho cho 2.0. My spidey senses tell me hes Another fruitloop.
With your past record Rath will be an outstanding success.

Anything you post, I take the opposite to be true.
Outlined by when I watched match sim.

Bias is not illogical. Plenty of studies have given away people's subconscious prejudices. Even people who think they are progressive thinking will have a heart rate race when they see a photo of people of different backgrounds. Footy teams have enough history and division for officiators (who also might support an opposing club and not be able to put that aside) to make decisions based on perception. Something like the Saints are s**t, they have always been s**t and play rough to overcome their shitness. Or the Hawks are a successful club, they do things the right way.
Completely over my head. It’s illogical that many people think their club get a bad deal. Anyway it matters little

You would have to be on ya Pat Malone there cobba.

I haven't hear anything but huge praises for his appointment, and that is coming from people outside of our club.
+1

No qualms with Gears leading again, though that would suggest he’s best 22 unless injured. I just hope that by some stage this season, we’re discussing a player/s that will have developed to a point we’re ready to move past Gears in terms of his on-field. Nothing against him at all, just wanting to see growth.

No Hannah?

Apologies if already covered.
You saints post a lot

Yep. We constantly post coz we have so many flags to speak about

😢

Have no problem with Geary being captain.

your best leader isn’t always your best Player.

From the pre season reports there seems to be much more leadership and instruction happening from a bigger group so I’m not to phased who tosses the coin as long as the other leaders around the club keep improving.
I'm phased by who tosses the coin since they have to then play the game too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mum had shingles,saints man. She said the pain was worse than childbirth. She was pretty stoic, but she'd cry out in agony, as contact with the affected areas was like applying a blowtorch.

I thought they were talking about cancer. Sorry to hear your mum and others on this page went through it. I just did some reading about shingles and it sounds terrible!

"SWIM BETWEEN MY FLAGS": HOW ST KILDA BALL MAGNET ADDRESSED SKILL DEFICIENCY
BY SAM MILLS 4 HOURS AGO

Two-time St Kilda best & fairest winner Seb Ross has revealed he’s made the decision to reduce his long kicking going into the 2020 AFL season.
Ross told SEN's Bob and Andy that he realised midway through last season he should stick to short field kicks for the benefit of the team.

I wasn’t happy with my long kicking. Last year I tended to kick it off my knee or shin a little bit because I’m just trying to boot the cover off it,” the Saints midfielder said.
“Halfway through last year I was just having an issue with my inside 50 kicking and it was all to do with the longer entries.

“I sat down with Brendon Lade, we worked out a way I could be more efficient for the team by playing within my realms. I’m a good short kick and it’s beneficial for the team a lot of the time to keep the ball in possession.
“You’ve just got to learn to work with what you’ve got and be able to manipulate certain situations to your advantage. Obviously, I’m just trying to hit the short option and swim between my flags."
The 26-year-old has learnt to appreciate the strengths of his teammates and trust them to bring aspects to the game that he can’t bring.
“We’ve got other guys in the team that can pull out that long kick and play to their strengths as well,” Ross said.
“That’s where I think I can progress as a footballer, especially because we’ve got a few new guys this season, understanding their strengths and what they bring to the side – how I can complement them and bring them into the game.”
Ross was vice-captain in 2019 and led the team in the absence of regular captain Jarryn Geary.

everybody in bf could have told him that

At the risk of being too much of a tosser quoting myself - I recon I wasnt far off the mark in June 2019 - my reference to Ablett was that he (to my mind) uses small kicks but pretty well always finds a target - usually in a good position

I think a new coach has potential to make a big change with individual players - Ross for example used to play quite a stop and prop and dinky pass game - but if memory serves he would hit a target more often than not - now he seems to play like he thinks the game is made of single plays where meters gained is the most important thing - he seems to try to run as fast and as far as he can and then kick it as far as he can - he doesn’t seem to even look for a target or to where the ball is going to go half the time - I would trade him because he might have some currency - but failing that a new coach could tell him to watch Ablett play and to slow down a bit and start thinking about who he can give the ball to as soon as he gets it - cause watching him play I honestly don’t think who he is giving it to is high on his list of what he is going to do when he has ball in hand

Bit harsh on Rath. Why aren't you sold on him?
Because he’s not sold on anything. Next it will be that the boots we run out in next week are embarrassing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back