Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez the Saints burst could go all pear shaped if they don't deliver this year.

The Dees must be getting a bit edgy.

I’d argue our R1 game against Sainters is the match of the round. Both sets of supporters are going in with massive expectations. I’ll be disappointed if we draw less than 45K. The loser will suffer a serious blow to their hopes. We have to travel to the Gabba in R2, while St Kilda have to face WC...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’d argue our R1 game against Sainters is the match of the round. Both sets of supporters are going in with massive expectations. I’ll be disappointed if we draw less than 45K. The loser will suffer a serious blow to their hopes. We have to travel to the Gabba in R2, while St Kilda have to face WC...

On the other hand, Sunday @ 1.10. FFS.

So what did yesterday yield?
About 1,000?
Would be interesting to know how many of those are renewals/ downgrades and how many are new business?

About that.

On Monday, we started with 32,451
Yesterday's update - 32,828
Today's - 33,533.

Nothing new but I still take all club membership numbers with a grain of salt.

Unless there's a large motivator like a premiership build-up or win or a star signing I think most club membership oscillations are as a result of massaged figures more than anything else.

In one year they only count 11 game memberships, the next they're counting 1 game memberships. Then they're including promotional memberships in the next.

This isn't in relation to North specifically, all clubs do it.

Other than the top and bottom (draft publicity etc) 2-3 clubs and anyone who's made noteable signings as mentioned, I can't see much impetus for other clubs to grow or drop each year. Most years new members are probably offset by churn.

Look at Hawthorn - immensely successful, fantastic membership on paper - yet crowds generally are nothing flash. Collingwood put in a Sunday twilight slot pulled less people than we did! There's smoke and mirrors everywhere.

If all these mega membership numbers were "real" then virtually all clubs would be having correspondingly record high attendances each week. But they don't.

Took up the SEN offer yesterday since I'm going to be o/s middle of the year and will miss around 7-8 games. It's a downgrade from what I normally buy so I'm hoping I won't lose my priority 1 grand final ticket status as I've been a continuous member for 34 years. Hopefully the 'system' doesn't recognize me as a 'new' member because I downgraded.

Shouldnt do, I would be calling up if so. I logged on and purcahsed from my account so i presume it will pick up fine

I agree with this, they should only count full season memberships in my view... 60,000 members is probably only 25000 full members the rest are pets, promos and three gamers

Unless there's a large motivator like a premiership build-up or win or a star signing I think most club membership oscillations are as a result of massaged figures more than anything else.

In one year they only count 11 game memberships, the next they're counting 1 game memberships. Then they're including promotional memberships in the next.

Other than the top and bottom (draft publicity etc) 2-3 clubs and anyone who's made noteable signings as mentioned, I can't see much impetus for other clubs to grow or drop each year. Most years new members are probably offset by churn.

Look at Hawthorn - immensely successful, fantastic membership on paper - yet crowds generally are nothing flash. Collingwood put in a Sunday twilight slot pulled less people than we did! There's smoke and mirrors everywhere.

If all these mega membership numbers were "real" then virtually all clubs would be having correspondingly record high attendances each week. But they don't.

Took up the SEN offer yesterday since I'm going to be o/s middle of the year and will miss around 7-8 games. It's a downgrade from what I normally buy so I'm hoping I won't lose my priority 1 grand final ticket status as I've been a continuous member for 34 years. Hopefully the 'system' doesn't recognize me as a 'new' member because I downgraded.

That's more what I was thinking this morning....be ****ed if I lose that continuity and miss out on a GF ticket in 2038, I mean 2023....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently the social club medallion will not be made this year. I cracked the shits about this last year and they wound up making a limited edition but failed to get the point it seems.

I hope everyone who is similarly pissed off about this provides some feedback to the club. It was the highlight of the membership pack IMHO.

Here is what the AFL say about what they count in the official club membership statistics (from the 2018 season) - you're right is seems pretty darn loose...

....to be counted as a member an individual must have a name, contact details, have contributed $50 to the club and received a membership pack. The official counts also include multiple memberships held by an individual. Pet memberships are not counted but the AFL confirmed babies and toddlers are included.
For the first time, the official membership figures include juniors who registered – and paid $75 – to be in the national Auskick program that has more than 200,000 participants (of which 84,000 have been counted in club membership figures this year).

Quick question: just got a sext from the club advising me that the credit card they have on file has expired. Not being a fan of the auto renewal process, would it be in my best interests to simply not update my card details?

Apologies of this has been covered before.

Quick question: just got a sext from the club advising me that the credit card they have on file has expired. Not being a fan of the auto renewal process, would it be in my best interests to simply not update my card details?

I wish the club would sext me.

Correct. Don't update.

Well I for one am not signing up until we've definitely made the finals and the club has agreed to meet every single political view I hold, no matter how loopy or contradictory.
... only to then meekly sign up on "tightarse member Tuesday" because it's actually less about principle and more about being a cheapskate.

... only to then meekly sign up on "tightarse member Tuesday" because it's actually less about principle and more about being a cheapskate.

Exactly.

It's up to you, but the auto renew helps the club budget.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back