A Tribute to Robert Walls - Big Calls Based on R1 of the Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
At this time of year, I often find myself sitting back in my chair, sipping my cognac and smoking my pipe in my silk robe, smiling fondly whilst I recall Robert Walls screaming in the commentary box that it was a disgrace that St Kilda wasn't tagging Luke Hodge.

It was the 2nd quarter of the first pre-season game of the year.

Ahhh. Good times.

Anyway, although I can't ever even try to match that type of nous and astuteness - I do have some big R1 of pre-season calls to declare.

1) Rhys Shaw can't coach. He's all 'let's have some fun and have a beer and try hard', but has neglected skill.

Too much weights, not enough speedball. So to speak.

2) The Bulldogs are soft. They're gonna get bashed this year. It's going to become a hobby for opposition teams, because they don't have anyone to give a bit back. They're already being bitch slapped and doing nothing about it in R1 of the pre-season FFS!

3) Hawthorn will finish bottom 4. Just very mediocre. And they'll trade that top 3 pick next year for some injury plagued and questionable 'big name'.

That's it for now. I'm sure there'll be plenty more 'Wallsy esque' epiphanies over the weekend.

Good chat. Good chat.

I don't have any big calls but I saw Robert Walls' name in the title so I thought it was appropriate to bring up this gem.

Genuine peanut.

That is pretty funny
It was a meaningless 50 as Freo had the mark anyway, were 2 goals up and there was no time left.

On top of that - Thornton was held and probably deserved a free.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this time of year, I often find myself sitting back in my chair, sipping my cognac and smoking my pipe in my silk robe, smiling fondly whilst I recall Robert Walls screaming in the commentary box that it was a disgrace that St Kilda wasn't tagging Luke Hodge.

It was the 2nd quarter of the first pre-season game of the year.

Ahhh. Good times.

Anyway, although I can't ever even try to match that type of nous and astuteness - I do have some big R1 of pre-season calls to declare.

1) Rhys Shaw can't coach. He's all 'let's have some fun and have a beer and try hard', but has neglected skill.

Too much weights, not enough speedball. So to speak.

2) The Bulldogs are soft. They're gonna get bashed this year. It's going to become a hobby for opposition teams, because they don't have anyone to give a bit back. They're already being bitch slapped and doing nothing about it in R1 of the pre-season FFS!

3) Hawthorn will finish bottom 4. Just very mediocre. And they'll trade that top 3 pick next year for some injury plagued and questionable 'big name'.

That's it for now. I'm sure there'll be plenty more 'Wallsy esque' epiphanies over the weekend.

Good chat. Good chat.

You've been following Gold Coast too long.

From what we have seen so far:

St Kilda top 4 locks, while Hawthorn will struggle to avoid the spoon.

Carlton are now a 5-goal better than Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back