Health Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And more from the same Daily Mail article in my last post. another 3.

a member of the McLaren team, as well as two personnel from the US outfit Haas, were put in isolation after displaying flu-like symptoms and being tested for the virus in Melbourne.

Just nuts going ahead with these huge events in the current pandemic.

It will be interesting to get the attendance numbers to compare with the last one. Then to see what the coronavirus fallout is.

The best thing you can do is have a healthy immune system - sufficient sleep/rest, low or no stress, plenty of sun (vitamin D), exercise, good diet, cold showers, no smoking, etc.

This .... and social distancing, virus personal and household hygiene and studying and working from home.

Anyone notice that nearly every new case here in AUS has flown in from the US?

I’m telling u a shitstorm is brewing over there

I just read through this and it shows how easily you can get it even when no one shows symptoms.
That and how you probably won't get tested over there unless you show obvious symptoms.

My brothers friend was preparing to leave to go back to Italy yesterday his visa had run out
He got a last minute reprieve through a job sponsorship
So hopefully he can become an Australian

Just nuts going ahead with these huge events in the current pandemic.
Its lunacy IMO

Has to be called off and they gotta lock down everything like China and Italy sooner rather than later given how the big the spikes in cases are in countries where lockdowns haven’t taken place

Italy had 1k of cases like the US do right now

Within 1 week it blew out to 10k

It’s worked in China and signs are showing its working in Italy

There doesn’t seem any other way of containing it right now without a vaccine

Last edited:
I know of people who have friends in New York that are trying to cancel flights to Australia for next week but qantas is insisting to charge them $4000.

When this NY couple told qantas someone in their building has coronavirus and if they came to Australia they might spread it to Australia qantas reply was NOT OUR PROBLEM.

Got a UK holiday booked for April. Includes a few days in France for Eurodisney. Best we can do is pay another $1K to postpone flights. Trouble is none of the places we’ve booked for accommodation are giving refunds or postponement. Disney will refund half if we cancel. Only one so far to offer anything.
If we don’t go it’s $15k down the drain. If we do go any every ******* thing to do is shut, what is the point? Worse still is getting trapped in a quarantine.

And big surprise that insurance covers nothing.

Got a UK holiday booked for April. Includes a few days in France for Eurodisney. Best we can do is pay another $1K to postpone flights. Trouble is none of the places we’ve booked for accommodation are giving refunds or postponement. Disney will refund half if we cancel. Only one so far to offer anything.
If we don’t go it’s $15k down the drain. If we do go any every ******* thing to do is shut, what is the point? Worse still is getting trapped in a quarantine.

And big surprise that insurance covers nothing.
So no refunds for the accommodation?

That’s very strange

Flights are always a crapshoot but accommodation is usually refundable

wYWbGvy.jpg

So no refunds for the accommodation?

That’s very strange

Flights are always a crapshoot but accommodation is usually refundable

Every place we’ve contacted has refused. We’re not travellers so no idea if it’s the norm or businesses are worried about losing money it’s been a big commitment to do this as the wife has always wanted to go. Cashed out my long service leave to help pay for it. Feels like it’s all just gone up in smoke.
We’ll live but it sucks. All likelihood we’ll lose my wife’s mum to this virus if she gets it. She’s already got a debilitating condition.

Every place we’ve contacted has refused. We’re not travellers so no idea if it’s the norm or businesses are worried about losing money it’s been a big commitment to do this as the wife has always wanted to go. Cashed out my long service leave to help pay for it. Feels like it’s all just gone up in smoke.
We’ll live but it sucks. All likelihood we’ll lose my wife’s mum to this virus if she gets it. She’s already got a debilitating condition.
Yeah I feel ya mate. Been tossing and turning about going to the US for 5 years and finally bit the bullet and booked 4 weeks ago for April

Flights have been able to be postponed for use within 12 months without extra charge but managed to get 90% of the accomodation back luckily

Has been an absolute nightmare trying to deal with everything over the last 2 days

The flight companies and hotels should be shamed for how they handle things, it’s pathetic

Yeah I feel ya mate. Been tossing and turning about going to the US for 5 years and finally bit the bullet and booked 4 weeks ago for April

Flights have been able to be postponed for use within 12 months without extra charge but managed to get 90% of the accomodation back luckily

Has been an absolute nightmare trying to deal with everything over the last 2 days

The flight companies and hotels should be shamed for how they handle things, it’s pathetic

Yeah it’s all wait and see. The whole thing is a mess and seems like many are gonna be screwed over it on top of the health risks that are coming.
You’d think the travel industry is just gonna ruin their own brand by not being as accommodating as they can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cashed out my long service leave to help pay for it.
That is rough, bro. I feel for you. Times like this all you an do is laugh. Easier said than done.

I'm overseas right now, Malaysia to be specific, been traveling around SEA for a year now, was meant to keep going for a while yet.

Been having to reconsider my own plans the last few days. The world is going mad, and quickly.

I personally don't believe this 'new strain' is so dangerous, but the reaction of the idiot masses certainly might be dangerous.

What is that supposed Chinese curse? 'May you live in interesting times' or some such?

Red Dot Update….The death toll in Italy is spiralling out of control it seems.
It would be good to see the exponential jumps in Italy or the US
I think the US has gone from 20 odd to over 1000 in a week or so ??

Seems China has stabilised and their recovery rate is high too

Its lunacy IMO
Has to be called off and they gotta lock down everything like China and Italy sooner rather than later given how the big the spikes in cases are in countries where lockdowns haven’t taken place
Italy had 1k of cases like the US do right now
Within 1 week it blew out to 10k
It’s worked in China and signs are showing its working in Italy
There doesn’t seem any other way of containing it right now without a vaccine

Is Australia going to be a Guinea pig for the world and be the first country to try and tackle this in the she'll be right way?

Is Australia going to be a Guinea pig for the world and be the first country to try and tackle this in the she'll be right way?
The yanks have tried that and it’s coming up in nearly every state and there are hot spots there everywhere

They didn’t even both quarantining people coming back from Italy after the wogs tested them

There ****ed

I seriously hope we are not that stupid

Its interesting seeing the relatively low numbers for the high risk places like Taiwan and Hainan and even HK
So lock downs/outs definitely do work you just have to do it early

I would let an infected person spit in my mouth if it meant I could get hold of some TP. I wish harm to anyone who has bought more than they require and leaves me in a position where buying two ply from our cleaner is my last resort.
Just go to the shops every day as it opens . You’ll get some.

Which strain are you referring to.
The Italian or the Iranian strain?
Germany is likely being affected by the Italian strain (if there really is more than one strain) and their death rate is currently 0.01% (2 deaths out of 1565 cases with a majority still affected in a mild condition).

Like Korea, Germany have been vigilant with their testing and have come out with a low death rate (Korea's is sitting at 0.7%). Many health experts have said that it's likely many cases are not being tested and that the true death rate is lower than reported. There is a difference between fatality rate and case fatality rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back