All Elite Wrestling

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a shame no crowd for the Hardy debut, was a small swerve in a way and would have caught people off guard.

All in a all great episode, loved the MJF / Spears stuff on the sidelines, funny s**t.

I really enjoyed today's show. They make the little things so much fun - the Brandi Rhodes graphic that said "Said she'd never ring announce again" and the Adam "Handswash" Page who "has been social distancing since November."

The presentation was better than the WWE shows have been. Not enormously so - but the WWE shows made me not want to watch next week. This didn't. Having the wrestlers doing bits on the outside - MJF might be the most entertaining guy in the world last night - made a huge difference. So did not lighting the empty friggen seats.

It was interesting that they kept referring to matches on "next Dynamite." It doesn't sound like they have much confidence that they'll be shooting next week.

If that's the case, why aren't they just filming the show tomorrow? They seemed to have everyone that they needed at the show today.

I also really loved the Archer vignette. I've not been a big fan of his in TNA or in New Japan, but I really just enjoy anything that's a bit creative and a bit different. You aren't getting that vignette in WWE or New Japan.

One other comment that I left out.

My only minor quibble with the show was Hardy (seemingly) returning as his TNA character, as though the last 3 years hadn't happened. I feel like Hardy has enough different ideas that he could've come to AEW with. He'd been doing the YouTube "unkillable" stuff playing off the Orton attacks, he'd been doing the "you have no idea how hard it is to be Matt Hardy stuff"... then he comes back as the same guy that he was 3 years ago.

I'm keen to see where it goes - he should actually take the fall in Blood and Guts, but the storyline arc suggests The Elite are winning that - cos I think it'd lead to something more interesting.

My only minor quibble with the show was Hardy (seemingly) returning as his TNA character, as though the last 3 years hadn't happened. I feel like Hardy has enough different ideas that he could've come to AEW with. He'd been doing the YouTube "unkillable" stuff playing off the Orton attacks, he'd been doing the "you have no idea how hard it is to be Matt Hardy stuff"... then he comes back as the same guy that he was 3 years ago.

I'm keen to see where it goes - he should actually take the fall in Blood and Guts, but the storyline arc suggests The Elite are winning that - cos I think it'd lead to something more interesting.

with Hardy he is probably going back to a gimmick that was way over, before It was buried by WWE creative. By going back, he can reconnect with the fans on that level before reinventing a new gimmick. Him and Jericho are the best 2 at knowing how to change and reinvent themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It gives them a storyline reason to tape stuff at House Hardy if needed.

WWE marks crying on twitter that Matt Hardy (who rejected multiple contract extensions and a late pitch about moving to NXT), and Brodie Lee (whose contract was frozen by Vince McMahon due to WWE's hoarding of talent policy) are WWE rejects.

WWE marks crying on twitter that Matt Hardy (who rejected multiple contract extensions and a late pitch about moving to NXT), and Brodie Lee (whose contract was frozen by Vince McMahon due to WWE's hoarding of talent policy) are WWE rejects.

Its not even an insult.

The likes of Stone Cold, HHH, Jericho and Mick Foley were WCW rejects under this theory, worked out Ok for them.

Its not even an insult.

The likes of Stone Cold, HHH, Jericho and Mick Foley were WCW rejects under this theory, worked out Ok for them.

To be fair... none of Austin, HHH, Jericho or Foley were 45 years old with a 27-year wrestling career behind them & also being a key player in some of the most physically demanding matches in Professional wrestling history when they moved from WCW to the WWF.

I love Matt Hardy--- but he's in AEW for his character work, not to be a top level player.

To be fair... none of Austin, HHH, Jericho or Foley were 45 years old with a 27-year wrestling career behind them & also being a key player in some of the most physically demanding matches in Professional wrestling history when they moved from WCW to the WWF.

I love Matt Hardy--- but he's in AEW for his character work, not to be a top level player.

They werent WWE rejects though. Hardy rejected WWE and WWE wouldn’t release Lee.

Are they going to say the Revival are rejects because WWE didn’t book them after they knew they wouldn’t re-sign?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't really believe in the notion of a "WWE reject" these days.

From what we hear through dirt sheets, over the last 5-10 years your fate in WWE has been decided by one ancient guy who isn't current with pop culture or young fans. These guys, for the most part, weren't rejected by fans or by writers, they were rejected by VKM. Certainly that's the case with Brody Lee and the Revival.

It's those in a WWE bubble that think Matt Hardy isn't anything special because he is a mid carder there that was very restricted in what he could do with his own creative. Outside of there he has shown he can be a top guy, when he was doing the broken stuff he was one of the most over guys in ALL wrestling, just look at the reaction at Mania.

His best in ring work is behind him but he is hardly Goldberg level restricted. There has also been plenty of worse ring workers over with a good character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back