Covid-19 Albums to listen to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Belew is a serious player - serious to have Bowie have him as his lead for a decade, check this out:

Sack that cameraman!
Do you like 'I Am What I Am'?

correct Norman , must have belonged to your sister.
real men didn’t own Monkees records.

Their TV show caused massive argument with my sister .
just happened to be on the same time as The Samurai with Shintaro and his mates.
Me being older , so The Samurai it was 😁

I was a huge fan , made my own sword and cut star knives out of tin cans .
Tried a few times to jump backwards up onto the garden shed , cant say I had much success .😜
I didn't think Japan had been invented back in 1066. First Ivan and now you. So many of my illusions being shattered.

just happened to be on the same time as The Samurai with Shintaro and his mates.

I was a huge fan , made my own sword and cut star knives out of tin cans .
Tried a few times to jump backwards up onto the garden shed , cant say I had much success .😜

Ah, I suspect we are of a similar age and similar tastes back in the day.

Shintaro's mate was Tombei the Mist, a good guy lightly coloured clothed Iga ninja. Not overly competent or bright.

Shintaro would put me on a path of great interest in Japanese history and culture, studying a unit of it at uni and then embarking on a trek in 1986 for months across North-East Asia in the footsteps of the Japanese armies, and across Japan. I sent my Uni lecturer postcards when I hit an historical site.

My travels would take me to Tombei's home town, Iga, the birthplace of ninja arts and hosting a fine museum.

Real star knives are big, nasty, heavy things.

Thread needs more tracks for pissheads, stoners and other drug abusers, tooting, smoking, drinking or shooting up at home alone like me

The Velvet Underground - The Gift (you may need to be boost the right channel to hear the lyrics)

Pink Floyd - See Emily Play

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

The Doors - The End

Inner City Unit, Bones of Elvis

XL Capris - My City of Sydney

The Stranglers - No More Heroes

DEVO - *********

Thread needs more tracks for pissheads, stoners and other drug abusers, tooting, smoking, drinking or shooting up at home alone like me

The Velvet Underground - The Gift (you may need to be boost the right channel to hear the lyrics)

The Doors - The End

DEVO - *********

I just posted in a music thread today about which songs you relate to the Vietnam War and said for me 'The End' is the first that comes to mind as it played in a scene in Apocalypse Now where the helicopters came over the horizon. Really creepy :)
I first saw Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii in a movie theatre. Great experience and probably would have been moreso for stoners :p

The Doors - The End

DEVO - *********

Try this

If 90s powerviolence is not your bag then maybe weird Japanese noise core will satisfy your freak

Were you a Man From U.N.C.L.E. guy from the early sixties? If so which intro/titles did you prefer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If 90s powerviolence is not your bag then maybe weird Japanese noise core will satisfy your freak

Wow, Melt Banana… there's a name I don't think I've heard for about 20 years.

Did you ever get into an Aussie band called (the) Pure Evil (trio)? They used to be one of my favourite bands to see live… (See https://pureevil.bandcamp.com if you're not familiar.)

Big Black

Both cats have passed out. freaken light weights. i am listening to this record right now

I remember the first issue of a skateboarding mag reviewing this record that said something like

Big Black don't just wanna scare you, they want you dead man... dead

Love it

Wow, Melt Banana… there's a name I don't think I've heard for about 20 years.

Did you ever get into an Aussie band called (the) Pure Evil (trio)? They used to be one of my favourite bands to see live… (See https://pureevil.bandcamp.com if you're not familiar.)

Not familiar but that was pretty cool, cheers

If you like that you may also like this , if you don't already

It's after 1 am, time to listen to country music

Last edited:
Ah, I suspect we are of a similar age and similar tastes back in the day.

Shintaro's mate was Tombei the Mist, a good guy lightly coloured clothed Iga ninja. Not overly competent or bright.

Shintaro would put me on a path of great interest in Japanese history and culture, studying a unit of it at uni and then embarking on a trek in 1986 for months across North-East Asia in the footsteps of the Japanese armies, and across Japan. I sent my Uni lecturer postcards when I hit an historical site.

My travels would take me to Tombei's home town, Iga, the birthplace of ninja arts and hosting a fine museum.

Real star knives are big, nasty, heavy things.

How did you go jumping in and out of trees Rotty ?
i never was able to master it 😩

Thread needs the great man Johnny Cash

Version from the film Walk the Line is not too bad
I've never been a full-on fan of Johnny Cash's music but he was one of the more likable personalities on the US music scene. He was certainly a part of the musical landscape of my younger years.

If you haven't already seen it I'd recommend the Ken Burns series "Country" that has been showing on SBS. You can catch all the back episodes on SBS On Demand. Ken Burns did the amazing Civil War series about 30 years ago. You don't have to be a country music aficionado to enjoy it. For instance last episode diverged to play Janis Joplin's wonderful version of the Kristofferson song "Me and Bobbie McGee". (Not enough Joplin in this thread BTW)

Did you go to any of their concerts? I saw them in Melb in 88 but regret not catching them in 71. Guess I may not have appreciated them fully then but was not going to many concerts back then
I also saw the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour concert in '88. I'll never forget it. Best live gig I've witnessed. David Gilmour at his peak.

How did you go jumping in and out of trees Rotty ?
i never was able to master it 😩

I found jumping up into trees easy, but could never master jumping down.

At the time, I had a greater problem. The new BBC TV series from the UK.

The main character was this really old guy with a shock of grey hair and a black cape. He had two adult and one schoolgirl companions he travelled with, but not in a conventional way.

He had this strange telephone box but a bit bigger, dark in colour not red. It wasn't that big on the outside but mysteriously it was very large on the inside. He and his friends could travel through time in it.

So far so good. Yes, it was strange to a very young chap but quite enjoyable until later in the first season.

They went somewhere/some time where they met these strange creatures.

They were the height of man but made of metal in a sort of round triangular shape. The rounded tops could move like a head, with a sort of an eye on a stick. Below that, they had a longer wand which was some sort of death ray. They didn't like humans and were prone to say:

E X T E R M I N A T E!

E X T E R M I N A T E!

Dunno if I have ever recovered from meeting the Daleks at a very young age, although you would never know from my posts here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back