Covid-19 Albums to listen to.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For years (decades), the single version of Heroes was my favourite Bowie track. Then in recent times I (re-)discovered the longer version - magic:

As far as albums, I've listened to (and still own!) far too many to go through, but one I turn to occasionally is "Stormbringer" by Deep Purple. It's not their classic lineup (in fact Gillan and Glover had recently departed), it's more bluesy, and while I'm a fan of Machine Head and Who Do We Think We Are, Stormbringer is a great album.

For local artists, there's too many that I'm enamored with, as I grew up with them, but two I listen to because they take me back to family roadtrips or personal reminiscences are Neil Murray's "Overnighter" and Scrap Metal's 1990 self-titled album. Sadly this one is out of print, and due to contractual disputes (not even on iTunes), even the local music store in Broome where they hailed from does not stock any of their back catalogue.
(https://www.discogs.com/Scrap-Metal-Scrap-Metal/master/1018672 )

For years (decades), the single version of Heroes was my favourite Bowie track. Then in recent times I (re-)discovered the longer version - magic:

As far as albums, I've listened to (and still own!) far too many to go through, but one I turn to occasionally is "Stormbringer" by Deep Purple. It's not their classic lineup (in fact Gillan and Glover had recently departed), it's more bluesy, and while I'm a fan of Machine Head and Who Do We Think We Are, Stormbringer is a great album.

For local artists, there's too many that I'm enamored with, as I grew up with them, but two I listen to because they take me back to family roadtrips or personal reminiscences are Neil Murray's "Overnighter" and Scrap Metal's 1990 self-titled album. Sadly this one is out of print, and due to contractual disputes (not even on iTunes), even the local music store in Broome where they hailed from does not stock any of their back catalogue.

I just about wore out Deep Purple In Rock when it first came out

Can anyone give me something to actually listen to and not a cv19 playlist fox fm poxy joke!!??
Here is a list of my faves

1 A Question of Balance - The Moody Blues
2 John Lennon / Plastic Ono Band http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lennon/Plastic_Ono_Band
3 Led Zeppelin 1
4 Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd
5 The Who Sell Out - The Who
6 Fragile - Yes
7 Chicago 2 - Chicago
8 Let It Be - Beatles
9 Are You Experienced - Jimi Hendrix Experience
10 Tommy - The Who

Unlucky:
Cold Chisel self titled
Crime of the Century - Supertramp
Close To The Edge - Yes
The Yes Album - Yes
In A Gadda Da Vida - Iron Butterfly
Led Zeppelin 3
Led Zeppelin 2
In The Court of the Crimson King, Earthbound - King Crimson
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
In Rock - Deep Purple
Sgt Peppers, MMT and White Album - Beatles
Celebration and Lonely One - Kevin Borich Express
Chicago 1 - Chicago1
Disraeli Gears, Wheels of Fire - Cream
Live and Dangerous - Thin Lizzy
Woodstock
Harvest - Neil Young
Moonflower - Santana
Oils On The Water, Red Sails, and 10......1 - Midnight Oil

Love all Samantha Fish's stuff
Every Kingdom - Ben Howard
Leo Kottke

Last edited:
I was watching House one day - they always have nice music in the closing bit - and they played this after a touching final scene. I noticed the guitar at the start was a bit Simon and Garfunkelish so I was curious and paid more attention to it and found it to be a great song. Not very cheery I guess :p

Disco version! Love it.

Adrian Belew played with Bowie a bit. I love this - and it's cheery maddog37 !!

Here is a list of my faves

1 A Question of Balance - The Moody Blues
2 John Lennon / Plastic Ono Band http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lennon/Plastic_Ono_Band
3 Led Zeppelin 1
4 Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd
5 The Who Sell Out - The Who
6 Fragile - Yes
7 Chicago 2 - Chicago
8 Let It Be - Beatles
9 Are You Experienced - Jimi Hendrix Experience
10 Tommy - The Who

Unlucky:
Cold Chisel self titled
Crime of the Century - Supertramp
Close To The Edge - Yes
The Yes Album - Yes
In A Gadda Da Vida - Iron Butterfly
Led Zeppelin 3
Led Zeppelin 2
In The Court of the Crimson King, Earthbound - King Crimson
Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
In Rock - Deep Purple
Sgt Peppers, MMT and White Album - Beatles
Celebration and Lonely One - Kevin Borich Express
Chicago 1 - Chicago1

Love all Samantha Fish's stuff
Every Kingdom - Ben Howard
Leo Kottke
Eek !! Left out Cream !!

As I WFH for the foreseeable future, and to help me focus and cutout background family/pets/farm animal noise, I'm currently blowing my ears out with some Angels and Hoodoo Gurus, and a seriously under-rated album - Jon English's "Beating the Boards" (has some killer sing-along tracks, and takes me back to the 70s listening to 3XY!). I miss the 70s...
1585266616154.png

why are all these videos unavailable when I press play??
Dunno try this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back