Science/Environment Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Pandemic Declared

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Within 6 months, we should be able to almost eliminate the virus surely. The only avenue for transmission now is community transmission, so as long as 8-9/10 of people that get it within the next few months aren't campaigners, infections should plummet.

On the flip side this goes on 6+ months and i just can't see society abiding any longer. People will just want to go back to normality making any distancing, isolation etc. futile

Daily confirmed cases are down... but so are tests. Not putting a whole lot of faith in our 'mass testing' when it appears they must still be heavily restricting who has access to them based on the reported numbers of tests. Could have sworn we were doing 15,000 / day the other week?

7d15267cef.png
Do they only test people who present with symptoms? How else could they do it?

I had to get tested last night and the results were back well within 24 hours but the test was inconclusive so I have just gone back.
Nobody there last night and only two this time which the staff said is also the reason for the quick results because barely anyone is testing compared to early days.
Why did you get tested?

So nsw premier says social distancing will be with us until a vaccine is available in possibly 18 months.

surely thats with lower social distancing then now everyone presumes.

but we are currently are at only 100 new cases per day. unless we kill the virus we arent going to get lower new infection rates then this in the next 18 months. So if we arent lowering social distancing now then we will be at this stage of social distancing or worse for 12-18 months.

why is no one questioning this?
No chance this happens. People will either revolt or just start killing spouses until it's reversed. Ultimately we are just animals and caged animals don't fair well.

“Oh, we shall persuade them that they will only become free when they renounce their freedom to us, and submit to us. And shall we be right, or shall we be lying? They will be convinced that we are right … Receiving bread from us, they will see clearly that we take the bread made by their hands from them – [only] to give it back to them … In truth they will be more thankful for taking it from our hands – than for the bread itself! Too well, will they know the value of complete submission! We shall show them that they are weak, that they are only pitiful children, but that childlike happiness is the sweetest of all.

“We will indulge them their sins; allow them to occupy themselves with their vices. We will monitor everything, regulate everything, order and legislate for everything – and be their conscience too – so that they do not have to trouble themselves to think, overly; or, to be obliged to make decisions. They exist only to serve us, the élite who rule over them: The millions, numerous as the sands of the sea, who are weak, must exist only for the élite, who rule over them. In this mystery, says the Grand Inquisitor, “lies the great secret of the world”.

The Bothers Karamazov
Bothers?

Typos kind of lessen the impact

Where in that article is there proof that this woman died wholly and solely from covid-19? There isn't, that article is speculative and opinionated and the 'proof' is as you said a quote from the article.

She probably did ignore the measures, not the point. It's a 'told you so' scribe.
Why does someone have to die wholly and solely from covid-19 for them to count?

You can send your kid off to work at a shop like EB games, but you can't take them for a practice drive as a learner? Come on.

the EB Games thing is a disgrace

they declared themselves an essential service and have been using it as a weapon against staff who wanted to not work during covid-19 (ie work or you're fired)

Another German merry maker from the German cruise ship Artania has passed away in Perth bringing the WA total of fatalities to six .WA fatalities are five cruise ship passengers including two Germans and one airport overseas arrival.
I was wondering why the German cruise ship Artania is being taken in by us and the federal government has bent over backwards for them when all other overseas ships are not looked after.Turns out the ship was fine until it docked in Sydney on March 14 on March 23 it was in coronavirus distress and made an uninvited unscheduled stop in Fremantle.
It would be inhumane to refuse help. I would hope we can still try to save anyone in this crisis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the EB Games thing is a disgrace

they declared themselves an essential service and have been using it as a weapon against staff who wanted to not work during covid-19 (ie work or you're fired)

To be fair, the black series Boba Fett helmets are released tomorrow. EB seems to be the only place selling them.

Why does someone have to die wholly and solely from covid-19 for them to count?
It’s a weird requirement. If cormorbidities are a factor to discount deaths, then deaths from flu would be far lower.

In fact, deaths from any infectious disease in history would be far lower. Does anyone think all those medieval serfs in the Black Death were a picture of health?

Ones contributing to society and one isn't (one keeps business open/running/selling the other doesn't)

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Humans are a part of society and they need to function to keep society going. Not saying taking your daughter for a drive is an essential part of human well being but other things are. Can't expect people to just go to work for 18 months and nothing else. Suicide rate would sky rocket.

It’s a weird requirement. If cormorbidities are a factor to discount deaths, then deaths from flu would be far lower.

In fact, deaths from any infectious disease in history would be far lower. Does anyone think all those medieval serfs in the Black Death were a picture of health?
One thing I've wondered, can deaths be attributed to more than one cause?

For example if someone with advanced AIDS catches Covid-19 and it kills them, is it recorded ultimately as both a Covid-19 and AIDS fatality?

Finally, we have a country applying commonsense.

A random test results for COVID have been completed in Iceland

Result 0.6% of the there population is infected.
Population 342,000
around Cases 2,000
Deaths 6 so far 11 in critical condition
50% are asymptomatic

If 0.6% were consistent across all countries
Australia would have 144,000 infected
Half would be asymptomatic
49 dead so far 93 in critical condition

It's not looking good for the hysterical

One thing I've wondered, can deaths be attributed to more than one cause?

For example if someone with advanced AIDS catches Covid-19 and it kills them, is it recorded ultimately as both a Covid-19 and AIDS fatality?
Yeah it really depends. Those poor blokes in Melbourne with blood cancer, they were probably inevitably going to succumb to infection, but those infections might have been beaten back with anti-virals, antibiotics, other treatments.

It would be inhumane to refuse help. I would hope we can still try to save anyone in this crisis.
What I was inferring is that the ship became coronavirus infected when it took on passengers in Sydney on March 14
- Seriously people just ram you with their opinions on this forum and don't listen to what you say.
Anyway upon further investigation the Artanias next stop after Sydney was Callao a port in Peru in South America which is east of Sydney so * knows why it went west and came to Perth.Definate shenanigans going on imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back