News Age interview with Matt Rendell

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with Matt Rendells regarding the recruiting of indigenous player that caused his sacking. What he said about the go home factor for outback kids not used to urban life made sense and was born out with a couple of players here. Saying that 'you would just about need a white parent' involved seemed to be suggesting that this implied experience of city life and a familiarity with modern society. Why draft if the likelihood is that they will leave, a bit like Gold Coast drafting interstate players they know are likely to leave? Syd Jackson ran a houseful of indigenous players in Melbourne in an attempt to help them make the transition. I always thought it a shame that Matt's comments were seen as racist because I don't believe they were ever intended to be. Obviously he hasn't been moved on to more important roles if he now finds himself laid off.

Similarly I am both attracted and repelled by them. I dislike small fish and would never willingly eat one. But a pizza without the salty fishiness of an anchovie pebble to flavour it seems bland. Other than pizzas I have nothing to do with them, though given that spaghetti is somewhat tasteless, an anchovie or two might render it more palatable. Not sure about the worcestshire.
Some SBS Food shows recently have taken the housebound viewer through the delights of Sardinia and Sicily - seafood heaven! I can take or leave anchovies. A few years ago when Port Phillip Bay was being dredged one group bemoaned the effect this would have on the anchovies in the Bay - seems to be more fish than ever in the bay now according to some reports.

This place in Greece rated a mention (SBS Food I think?) as fish heaven in Greece:

Some SBS Food shows recently have taken the housebound viewer through the delights of Sardinia and Sicily - seafood heaven! I can take or leave anchovies. A few years ago when Port Phillip Bay was being dredged one group bemoaned the effect this would have on the anchovies in the Bay - seems to be more fish than ever in the bay now according to some reports.
This place in Greece rated a mention (SBS Food I think?) as fish heaven in Greece:
PS - love sardines - tinned or fresh

Fair enough. Again a serious question : you clearly were in the camp for Buckley to be retained post 2017. At that time (not one year later) was your position based on the united team in contention for a flag argument?
He had a road to Damascus experience and turned against Buckley at one time. Then he must have mislaid his compass and changed direction again because suddenly he was firmly back in Buckley's camp. But he has turned, then turned again.

What, effectively what Essendon are doing with Worsfold and Rutten this year?

Nah, it’s the Roos model. Worsfold will depart at the end of the season after supporting Rutten’s transition into the role from 2021.

PS - love sardines - tinned or fresh
And one of the most nutritious foods on the planet.

Delicious.

Can eat all of it or even if inclined on the fresh ones cut the heads tails off and debone it pretty much; though the bones are high level good food.

Just a delicious fish.

Then again, I haven’t met a fish I didn’t like.

And one of the most nutritious foods on the planet.
Delicious.
Can eat all of it or even if inclined on the fresh ones cut the heads tails off and debone it pretty much; though the bones are high level good food.
Just a delicious fish.
Then again, I haven’t met a fish I didn’t like.
I'm ok with sardines - it's GG you need to convince :)

PS - this is my current stock - am I a sardine hoarder?

1587265455316.png

Attachments

• 1587265400815.png
    1587265400815.png
    288.7 KB · Views: 171

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many chefs will add anchovies to slow cooked meals / casseroles as a flavour amplifier. :) They dissolve whilst cooking and aren't detectable. One wouldn't be able to taste anchovy in the meal, but they bring other flavours to life.

I'm not a huge fan unless we're talking pizza.

Many chefs will add anchovies to slow cooked meals / casseroles as a flavour amplifier. :) They dissolve whilst cooking and aren't detectable. One wouldn't be able to taste anchovy in the meal, but they bring other flavours to life.

Margherita pizza please - classic Italian - a few fresh ingredients, no pesky anchovies
Please, never ever mention Hawaiian pizza - = pure Yank junk! :devil::mad:

Margherita pizza please - classic Italian - a few fresh ingredients, no pesky anchovies
Please, never ever mention Hawaiian pizza - = pure Yank junk! :devil::mad:

Capricciosa for me, w' anchovies. <3

Pineapple on pizza:

1587268842137.png

I agree with Matt Rendells regarding the recruiting of indigenous player that caused his sacking. What he said about the go home factor for outback kids not used to urban life made sense and was born out with a couple of players here. Saying that 'you would just about need a white parent' involved seemed to be suggesting that this implied experience of city life and a familiarity with modern society. Why draft if the likelihood is that they will leave, a bit like Gold Coast drafting interstate players they know are likely to leave? Syd Jackson ran a houseful of indigenous players in Melbourne in an attempt to help them make the transition. I always thought it a shame that Matt's comments were seen as racist because I don't believe they were ever intended to be. Obviously he hasn't been moved on to more important roles if he now finds himself laid off.

Think he got demoted to a part time role at the end of 2018.

I enjoy the Spanish Ortiz anchovy.. $100 for a 450g tin of the s**t.. but it's well worth it re.

That brand is good and a little goes a long way. I’ve never seen a tin that big! Usually much smaller.

I add anchovies to slow cooked tomato based sauces for pasta etc.

I'm ok with sardines - it's GG you need to convince :)

PS - this is my current stock - am I a sardine hoarder?

View attachment 860654
Don’t know any GG?

Govenor General I remember is Peter Cosgrove but he’s retired now.
He seemed a genuine fellow.

Pizza with less topics works better.
Though anchovies with tomato cheese, oregano, hot salami works very nicely indeed

Everyone is gonna look at my previous post.. and go wtf is he on about and that re.. I'm trying to illustrate a point here.. that there is organized kaos.. how are you gonna respond to that.. because you're all so predictable.. I'll do an Ozone and Turbo on ya re.. and turn your shirts inside out like they did to Electro Groove.

And its game over.

God I'd love to coach against Buckley. I just love his predictability.
My money is on Bucks.

pleeese - Great Grundy!
Brodie Grundy indeed.

As good a ruckman as we’ve had since Thompson.

The late great Len Thompson was a Star and who now has competition as our best ruck for 50 years with Brodie.

Grundy has surpassed even Peter Moore now as a ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back