Prediction Your 2020 Best 22 (Post Trade Period)

Remove this Banner Ad

**** Ellis
Yep I didn’t care if we got him or not and actually didn’t really want him but the guy was in the AA squad as a third year player. How many player do we have who look/looked capable of that? It’s a matter of will our kids develop or are we just being typical supporters living in abit of hope? I’m happy to back this group in but I can see the reasoning for a proven player. I would also love to know how much a player like Marchbank has been on for the four years he has been at the club. I would bet my bottom dollar Ellis would be better value.

Ok here is my best 22 with everyone fit

Docherty Jones Plowman
SPS Weitering Williamson
O'Brien Setterfield Walsh
Kruezer Cripps Murphy
Fisher Curnow Martin
Betts McKay TDK

Stocker Curnow JSOS Simpson

A few coments:
1. Plowman plays the lockdown defender role.
2. Couldnt pick both Plowman and Marchbank in back 6 it makes us too slow and i really wanted Docherty, SPS & Willo back there.
3. SPS and Williamson to provide the run off half back.
4. Setterfield to play in the guts not on a wing and use his size to help Crippa.
5. Picked TDK before Mcgov and Casboult tough call but he might have more upside and I'm not sure if McGov is best 22 if eveyone fit.

Ok here is my best 22 with everyone fit

Docherty Jones Plowman
SPS Weitering Williamson
O'Brien Setterfield Walsh
Kruezer Cripps Murphy
Fisher Curnow Martin
Betts McKay TDK

Stocker Curnow JSOS Simpson

A few coments:
1. Plowman plays the lockdown defender role.
2. Couldnt pick both Plowman and Marchbank in back 6 it makes us too slow and i really wanted Docherty, SPS & Willo back there.
3. SPS and Williamson to provide the run off half back.
4. Setterfield to play in the guts not on a wing and use his size to help Crippa.
5. Picked TDK before Mcgov and Casboult tough call but he might have more upside and I'm not sure if McGov is best 22 if eveyone fit.

Made sense before you put TDK ahead of Cas and McGov

Looking at our best team for round 2 now.

From round 1: injuries - Kruez & Fish (borderline). Form - Gibbons, Dow, Setterfield had no impact.

INS
Pittonet, McKay & Eddie definitely if fit. Kennedy, O’Brien, Willo, Stocker, TDK pressing hard.

OUTS
Kruez is the only definite. Fisher borderline re injury.
Dow, Setterfield, Gibbons, JSOS (could be left out for McKay re team balance) are shaky.

Our forward line suddenly looks a lot more balanced and potent.

Betts McKay Cuningham
Marin Casboult McGovern

Simpson Jones Plowman
Williamson Weitering Docherty
Samo Crippa Walsh
Martin M McGov Cuningham
Jack Silv McKay Betts
Pittonet Crippa Murphy
Bench: E Curnow, Casboult (2nd ruck and tall utility either end). Setterfield, Gibbons
Emergencies: Newman, Dow, O'Brien, TDK

Injured: Kruezer (LTI), C Curnow (LTI), Kemp (LTI), Fisher (close to return), Marchbank

Stocker and Kennedy play when next needed.

Simpson Jones Plowman
Williamson Weitering Docherty
Samo Crippa Walsh
Martin M McGov Cuningham
Jack Silv McKay Betts
Pittonet Crippa Murphy
Bench: E Curnow, Casboult (2nd ruck and tall utility either end). Setterfield, Gibbons
Emergencies: Newman, Dow, O'Brien, TDK

Injured: Kruezer (LTI), C Curnow (LTI), Kemp (LTI), Fisher (close to return), Marchbank

Stocker and Kennedy play when next needed.
Cloned Crippa out and Dow in. Stocker to emergency

If games are shorter this season does this change best 22s? Would have to take the importance of endurance off a bit and promote impact players a bit more. Would also IMO open the door for some younger players a bit more, that ability to run out games, well if games are shorter then perhaps some of them can now. I'm thinking that Philp, Honey, TDK, Stocker are bigger chances now. Particularly if it's pace and skills we want to bring into the team. Perhaps those senior players who may not have the pace and skills but are getting games because they have bigger tanks are less important. Hard to say at this stage but I'd gladly see us push a few quicker and better skilled players into the team.

Think I would be inclined to go more pace, better skills and some players who can be impact players. A few who can have short bursts in the middle but play elsewhere and have a quick impact. Reckon we might see some players selected who may not have previously.

If games are shorter this season does this change best 22s? Would have to take the importance of endurance off a bit and promote impact players a bit more. Would also IMO open the door for some younger players a bit more, that ability to run out games, well if games are shorter then perhaps some of them can now. I'm thinking that Philp, Honey, TDK, Stocker are bigger chances now. Particularly if it's pace and skills we want to bring into the team. Perhaps those senior players who may not have the pace and skills but are getting games because they have bigger tanks are less important. Hard to say at this stage but I'd gladly see us push a few quicker and better skilled players into the team.

Think I would be inclined to go more pace, better skills and some players who can be impact players. A few who can have short bursts in the middle but play elsewhere and have a quick impact. Reckon we might see some players selected who may not have previously.
It’ll be interesting but I think the lack of “tank” probably has just as much to do with repeated sprinting efforts and end to end running then it does running out games. Someone like Stocker will still get exposed with that in the midfield. Probably depends on the roles abit imo but I imagine impact players become more important at probably the expense of versatility as there could be less opportunities for some players because better players can play a higher % of game time in there best position. Someone like Setterfield and Fisher we may have needed to play 20min of midfield time might now only be needed for 5-6minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casboult should ruck. We can't play him, McKay & McGovern in the one forward line - we were already too easy to rebound against in the Richmond game.

He's such a multi-faceted player now; his work around the ground would more than make up for not being a great tap ruck.

Going to be interesting as it seems our team has around 26 best 22 players now...when all fit.

brackets (are the expected replacements for older players)
Murphy Simpson Betts Casboult Kreuzer Curnow Jones

FB: Docherty Jones (BSOS) Simpson (Williamson)
HB: Plowman Weitering SPS

C: Murphy (LOB), Cripps, Curnow (Dow)
R: Kreuzer (Pittonet), Walsh, Cuningham

HF: Martin Charlie McGovern
FF: McKay Casboult (TDK) Betts (Papley/Honey)

Int: Setterfield Gibbons Fisher Stocker

Depth: Marchbank Kennedy Newman Newnes

Youth: Philp Kemp

I like it

Mine is only marginally different, but I am sure it will change before round 1

FB: Plowman Jones Simpson
HB: Docherty Weitering Newman

C: Walsh Setterfield LOB
R: Kreuzer Cripps Murphy

HF: Martin Casboult McGovern
F: Betts McKay/TDK Fisher

Int: Gibbons E. Curnow Cuningham SPS

Emergency: Newnes Dow Marchbank JSOS

Contenders: Lang Pittonet Stocker Williamson Kennedy Cottrell Ramsay

Charlie to be available 2nd half of the year

Starting to get touch to pick best 22

Here you go Harks

I too had the likes of LOB ahead of Newnes, ultimately it means nothing, if the side is progressing short term

We all knew that Teague would hand back responsibility short term to senior players/bodies, the masses were calling for it

Have always stated the transition would be crucial, from senior players like Murphy, MK, Ed, to foot soldiers like Gibbons and Newnes

Now our younger players have an opportunity to dislodge these guys, naturally.

I look forward to that transition

1. I too had the likes of LOB ahead of Newnes, ultimately it means nothing, if the side is progressing short term
2. We all knew that Teague would hand back responsibility short term to senior players/bodies, the masses were calling for it
3. Have always stated the transition would be crucial, from senior players like Murphy, MK, Ed, to foot soldiers like Gibbons and Newnes
4. Now our younger players have an opportunity to dislodge these guys, naturally.

I look forward to that transition

There isn't one point there I have any reason to contest with any conviction, as it's all perfectly sound.
I don't know what to say, other than it had little to do with the point I put forward :)

Even in these four short weeks to date we've seen from the older/MOR guys -

1. Newman out for injury unfortunately. Don't think we've lost much with Williamsons involvement just yet.
2. Murphy has been extracted out of the midfield and we've won our past two games, having a more aggressive midfield.
3. Kreuzer has gone down, but Pittonet has done nothing but to heighten his profile.

It's a somewhat natural course that this will continue to be the case, for the talent we still have parked away.

Newnes was more of a stop-gap rather than a window to the future.
ECurnow by years end won't be involved in 90% of stoppages as he has been in the first four weeks.
Simpson is in his last year, surely etc.

This is the ideal year to consolidate what our best team may be going forward and add to the squad where deficiencies exist.

There isn't one point there I have any reason to contest with any conviction, as it's all perfectly sound.
I don't know what to say, other than it had little to do with the point I put forward :)

Even in these four short weeks to date we've seen from the older/MOR guys -

1. Newman out for injury unfortunately. Don't think we've lost much with Williamsons involvement just yet.
2. Murphy has been extracted out of the midfield and we've won our past two games, having a more aggressive midfield.
3. Kreuzer has gone down, but Pittonet has done nothing but to heighten his profile.

It's a somewhat natural course that this will continue to be the case, for the talent we still have parked away.

Newnes was more of a stop-gap rather than a window to the future.
ECurnow by years end won't be involved in 90% of stoppages as he has been in the first four weeks.
Simpson is in his last year, surely etc.

This is the ideal year to consolidate what our best team may be going forward and add to the squad where deficiencies exist.

That's still all perception, wants, desires, nothing to do with how it will definitely play out

I doubt there are many on this site that has promoted playing our youth ahead of senior players if output was similar than I have over the last 4 years

Current wins are wonderful, especially for attracting players, but I am more interested about continiuty first, natural development and depth

Not too long ago, everyone had Levi gone, sacked, traded, not best 22

I wouldn't be putting a line through the likes of Ed just yet

I get quite excited when I look at our spine and what/who I see as long term/future premiership players. I still have plenty of holes and reservations about some and I think by the end I’d the year I’ll be adding another one or two from within and hopefully one from another club.

FB: ?.?????? Jones ?.??????
CHB: Williamson Weitering Docherty
C: Walsh Cripps. ?.??????
CHF: ?.????? Mckay Martin
FF: ?.????? Charlie. ?.?????
Int: CAS

I have Williamson there and Jones, although I can see Jones only being there 2-3 years, which I see as enough to get a premiership and Willo despite not playing much and being out for a long time, I can see many positives that I can’t yet see in a lot of the others.

I get quite excited when I look at our spine and what/who I see as long term/future premiership players. I still have plenty of holes and reservations about some and I think by the end I’d the year I’ll be adding another one or two from within and hopefully one from another club.

FB: ?.?????? Jones ?.??????
CHB: Williamson Weitering Docherty
C: Walsh Cripps. ?.??????
CHF: ?.????? Mckay Martin
FF: ?.????? Charlie. ?.?????
Int: CAS

I have Williamson there and Jones, although I can see Jones only being there 2-3 years, which I see as enough to get a premiership and Willo despite not playing much and being out for a long time, I can see many positives that I can’t yet see in a lot of the others.

Right now and moving forward, we are thin in quality KPD stocks. Luckily it shouldn't be too hard to rectify

Remove this Banner Ad

Back