Preview **UPDATE** Changes vs. Sydney - Saturday 11.45am WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Interested to hear why Jetta doesn’t count but Redden would count given they came to the club at the exact same time, both sucked in their first couple of seasons and were routinely dropped circa 2016/17

Rest assured, if Redden has been dropped it wouldn’t have counted either.

Why wasn’t Cripps axed mate?

Simpson dropping seniors players does not equal Simpson dropping all senior players.

Im guessing he wasn't axed because Simpson wants him in the team. I doubt that is based on his seniority. But unless we have a line directly to him we will never know.

Ah so that’s why. It’s because he’s a senior player that’s always close to being axed, so it doesn’t count when he is.

“Always close to being axed” isn’t even correct.

2020: Played 4, missed 0
2019: Played 22, missed 2 (1x hamstring, 1x suspension)
2018: Played 20, missed 5 (5x calf)
2017: Played 15, missed 9 (2 x glute, 1 x calf)

Jetta was last dropped in Round 4, 2017. He returned in Round 10, 2017. When healthy, he has been selected in every single game since.

He’s played 73 games with us total, and the last 59 games have been interrupted only by injury, never by omission. He’s not close to the axe, he hasn’t been axed since April 2017.

It doesn’t count because he’s not the specific senior player people wanted dropped, therefore Simmo doesn’t drop senior players.

“Always close to being axed” isn’t even correct.

2019: Played 22, missed 2 (1x hamstring, 1x suspension)
2018: Played 20, missed 5 (5x calf)
2017: Played 15, missed 9 (2 x glute, 1 x calf)

Jetta was last dropped in Round 4, 2017. He returned in Round 10, 2017. When healthy, he has been selected in every single game since.

He’s played 73 games with us total, and the last 59 games have been interrupted only by injury, never by omission. He’s not close to the axe, he hasn’t been axed since April 2017.
Never said what you’re quoting, said he has always been a scapegoat. aka someone to chop when the team’s not performing.

Happy to be wrong and the laughing stock for y’all while you pat yourselves on the back. Justified or not I’m sure I’m not the only person here that thinks our match committee gives certain players a bit of a free pass.

Cripps to the red wing. Waterman to take his spot in the forward line.

And as I’ve been saying for the past few weeks, Redden into the guts, Shuey to rotate off a forward flank.

(For clarity, that’s what I’d like to happen, not what I expect to happen. Waterman will probably just take over for Brander and split the red wing with Redden).

For those of us in the fantasy football community, how long will Brander be out do you reckon?

I guess the rocket has been delivered. If Jetta can be dropped Redden, Cripps and Darling are on borrowed time. I like Allen and Waterman coming in. If both do well and Darling and Cripps don't perform more changes are to come. Jetta's DE was 50% he was poor given he is usually way over that. I think it is weird as Nelson can't dispose of it like Jetta.

For those of us in the fantasy football community, how long will Brander be out do you reckon?

He’s officially out with a hip injury that wasn’t mentioned in the weekly injury update, or anywhere that I’ve seen before 4.20 this afternoon.

So either it’s a bad hip he’s done at training and he’ll be out for a while, or it’s a minor thing and he’ll be back next week (unless the team suddenly clicks into gear in his absence). Or something in between. There’s no real way of knowing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wont lie, I am surprised Jetta got the axe

Not saying he didn't deserve to, I just didn't think Simpson had it in him

If we don't fire this weekend, surely there will be a midfielder or a guy named Jack Darling next in the firing line next

Either way, its a small step in the right direction

That's 8 changes in 2 weeks but obviously the wrong ones :rolleyes:

You know we're going really bad when people are saying player A hasn't been as bad as player B.

If a player has been dropped, form is part of it but another could be that they aren't listening to instructions
or not doing the team things.

If you're going purely on form, 15 players wouldn't be safe.

He’s officially out with a hip injury that wasn’t mentioned in the weekly injury update, or anywhere that I’ve seen before 4.20 this afternoon.

So either it’s a bad hip he’s done at training and he’ll be out for a while, or it’s a minor thing and he’ll be back next week (unless the team suddenly clicks into gear in his absence). Or something in between. There’s no real way of knowing.

Hahaha, yeah, I know how it goes.

Hips are never good.

Never said what you’re quoting, said he has always been a scapegoat. aka someone to chop when the team’s not performing.

Happy to be wrong and the laughing stock for y’all while you pat yourselves on the back. Justified or not I’m sure I’m not the only person here that thinks our match committee gives certain players a bit of a free pass.

He hasn’t been chopped in over three years. What you’re saying is fundamentally untrue.

I wanted Cripps gone. I wanted Redden gone. I don’t want Darling gone, especially as there’s no WAFL for him to regain confidence in, but no doubt he needs to pull finger. We’re almost entirely aligned on those three players I believe.

You can’t however equate Simpson not dropping the senior players we want with Simpson never dropping senior players.

Jetta hasn’t been dropped for three years. Jack Redden has been dropped more recently than that. I don’t understand the conclusion you’ve come to at all.

Try Kelly on a HFF and move Redden into the midfield? Play O’Neill and replace Cripps with Jones in the starting 18? Why do we have two players capable of playing third tall forward yet they’re both on the bench? sh*t even Petch did just as well as Cripps.

I haven’t seen XON since that Wednesday night scratch match at Lathlain when he was unremarkable. I think the fact Ainsworth is in the emergencies ahead of him suggests he’s not close to senior selection at the moment. In fact, Ainsworth being the only small in the emergencies speaks volumes about our lack of available depth in that department.

And based on his hub form Petch for Cripps would be rightly derided as being deckchair shuffling.

I know you’ve got the downer role to tick off every week, but can i just say criticising Tom Barrass for that interview is really poor in my opinion. TB’s open and honest insight after the flag were the best bits of football media we’ve seen in the past few years. Knocking him for saying ‘I’ve worked my whole life to achieve something, then when I achieved it it didn’t feel like I thought it would which left me a bit lost’ is entirely unreasonable.

Imagine working your whole life for something, and constantly being told that’s the pinnacle of your field, then you achieve it and suddenly everyone goes yeah cool, now do it again. You’d rightly feel a little bemused and need to take some time to figure out what it meant and how to deal with it. People give footballers sh*t for being thick, then when they’re honest and considered, the fans turn on them if they don’t like the answer.

Unless you prefer ONE WEEK AT A TIME and YES THE BOYS ARE REALLY EXCITED FOR THE CHALLENGE in every interview, I don’t understand criticising the most honest interview with an active player I can recall in my lifetime, and especially not when he’s one of our own. They’re human beings that exist outside of the three hours we watch them play each week, they not just here for our amusement.

Maybe I’m going harder than necessary here but this one in particular is a sore point for me, because what was a very earnest and sincere point from TB has been twisted and used against him for two years now. It reeks of “football is the most important thing to me and if it’s not the most important thing to you you don’t deserve to play it”.

It’s all well and good pumping up Beyond Blue and telling blokes to speak up if they’re going through a tough time, but when a footballer does it well they’re just spoiled and privileged and they don’t understand what they have and if that was me I would be over the moon to play footy for a living let alone win a flag and anyway he wouldn’t last one day in the real world so suck it up.

It’s ******* gross.
Badge, you hit the nail on the head. There needs to be a super like hutton. We forget that the players are human too. Thwy get paid well but thenwear and tear on the mind and body is more than we realise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back