News 2020 Trade and Coaching Rumours

I think the club should hire someone from Hawthorn to work as a mentor with our younger players.
Help them cope with the ongoing criticism while focusing on the plan to succeed.
It would feel hopeless at times for some of the younger guys. You would love to have someone there that went through that, then went on to be apart of one of the greatest teams.

I think the club should hire someone from Hawthorn to work as a mentor with our younger players.
Help them cope with the ongoing criticism while focusing on the plan to succeed.
It would feel hopeless at times for some of the younger guys. You would love to have someone there that went through that, then went on to be apart of one of the greatest teams.

Hawks? nah we prefer yes men.
Why grab people from a proven program littered with success when you can grab a bloke from under Hinkley that hasn't done anything ever.. 🤔

We already have what you're suggesting. Dan Jackson from the Tigers. He went through similiar with them and their club turned it around. He is our new player support manager.

We already have what you're suggesting. Dan Jackson from the Tigers. He went through similiar with them and their club turned it around. He is our new player support manager.
My understanding is that he oversees leadership and culture and did he see much of Richmonds success?
That somewhat covers what I mean. But having someone that can relate with the current situation. Then was a part of a successful rebuild.

Not sure Dan Jackson was at Richmond when we went through the reviews. He retired in 2014 and was working overseas from 2015 until he was hired by Adelaide. Could be wrong, he did still have links via the Alana & Madeline Foundation

How the hell did Hass survive the review?

Our fittest players are first year players and other clubs' discards FFS.

Our players just look so unfit. I've got a feeling that shortened quarters are keeping our score lines from regularly sneaking into the humiliation territory.

Alistair Clarkson may be available soon. Jeff Kennett is capable of doing anything and I wouldn't be surprised if he moved Clarkson on. Clarkson and Hodge I would support 100%. I would not let Goodwin anywhere near the club. He is terrible as a coach. With Clarkson just think of the Assistants he knows in the industry. We would have them coming here instead of the decent ones escaping asap.

How the hell did Hass survive the review?

Our fittest players are first year players and other clubs' discards FFS.
To me, one of the glaring issues has been our fitness over the last 2 years, slowly getting worse. They just don't run as hard as pre 2017. Would love to see the GPS numbers pre 2017 Vs post 2017. Hass has to go.

To me, one of the glaring issues has been our fitness over the last 2 years, slowly getting worse. They just don't run as hard as pre 2017. Would love to see the GPS numbers pre 2017 Vs post 2017. Hass has to go.
Fitness issue go way back before Hass.

Poulos gets a good wrap here but you only have to look at the soft tissue injuries at the Giants to see he wasn't much chop either.

We've spent the best part of a decade unfit.

Not that I pay much attention to what she says but relevant.

She lost me at "talking to people around the club"

We know her sources are gone from the club, hence her constant sniping.

He's sold the board on his 3 pronged approach to non-football revenue and you can only promise returns for so long. E-sports, baseball and the production company will prove to have sucked resources from the football department and at the end of the day, that's the only area of performance that matters to the people that pay the bills and he's responsible for reducing investment in that area. I think that you'd expect a little more performance in sleepy SA for nearly a $million per year. He's a snake oil salesman and our board is exactly the type to have been sucked in with his mega million$ pitch.

She lost me at "talking to people around the club"

We know her sources are gone from the club, hence her constant sniping.

Doubt it. There's blood in the water, people will talk, especially those that need a scapegoat. She's more likely to get info now than at any time in the last few years. Perhaps he should have gone after the ARU job that he was asked to apply for? Cough bullshit cough.

May find it's more effort related than fitness related.

We talk about players not caring, why would they bother to bust a gut on field?

John Worsfold isn't the worst guy to bring in as a senior assistant. Definitely need someone with that level of experience in the club.

Back