News 2020 Trade and Coaching Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Bassett is not coming to the Crows with the current people in charge. You can take that to the bank.
Easy. Get rid of the people in charge. Chapman is off. If your talking about Roo and Fagan every likelihood they are gone as well by the end of the year. Bassett seems to know his stuff. Always liked him as a player.

Bassett is not coming to the Crows with the current people in charge. You can take that to the bank.
What people?

Does he really have such a strong opinion of Andrew Fagan?

Easy. Get rid of the people in charge. Chapman is off. If your talking about Roo and Fagan every likelihood they are gone as well by the end of the year. Bassett seems to know his stuff. Always liked him as a player.
Roo is the main culprit. Anyone who isn't in his group won't join as he wields too much clout..

Expect Tex to become our new defensive coach and Twitter administrator

Just doesnt like the club at all.
Funny how there seems to be a few like that at the moment........
It's not that unusual. BT was talking about it a few weeks on radio. He mentioned that Collingwood invited between 1000-1100 old players to the club for a function. Less than 120 showed up.

His comment was he is ok going back to Collingwood, but wouldn't consider ever going back to a player function at Richmond. Laughed and said they'd never invite him anyway.

He felt when players retired, some moved away, had families, businesses, more important things going on their lives. Some loved the club and would attend functions and were happy to be involved from a distance. Others turned up occasionally for special occasions and wanted the red carpet rolled out.

The main thing he felt was when he retired and wasn't there every day things change. The players, the staff etc. He seemed to think a lot of players felt closer with mates they made and any success they achieved together.

Also mentioned that retirement and separation from the club wasn't always a happy process for a lot of players.

It was brought up a few weeks after McLeod made comments in media.

Roo is the main culprit. Anyone who isn't in his group won't join as he wields too much clout..

Expect Tex to become our new defensive coach and Twitter administrator

A free mobile phone for ROB to tweet motivational tweets for his opponents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"ken hinkleys job is safe"

This is turning out to be a great year!

Posted it a couple of days ago, but it's just not that funny when our senior coach has about 7 years of coaching experience and only 1 year not under Ken's bosom. And that other year wasn't exactly under a shrewd coach maximising limited talent. Even if just to embarrass us here and there.

Would think Roo, maybe Chappy as well.

Why would he have an opinion of Chapman? It's not like the guy sacked him. He would have probably heard Chapman say a couple of fluff pieces at some functions and that's it.

If the poster thinks Bassett hates Roo so much he wouldn't return to the club, he should say it, and probably say why.

I'd hope we don't have to go back to the Neil Craig well fo fitness staff.

It would be a step up from Hass.

Though, I do agree, it would be another moment to show how incredibly limited we are with attracting people.

It would be a step up from Hass.

Though, I do agree, it would be another moment to show how incredibly limited we are with attracting people.
I don't know. Since he left Adelaide he's been at Melbourne, Carlton and sent in clean up some of the mess at Essendon. Then went on to become high performance manager for England Rugby.

11 years experience in different environments. And people seem to only remember his last couple of years as coach here, and forget his importance to the club in the preceding 10 years

I don't know. Since he left Adelaide he's been at Melbourne, Carlton and sent in clean up some of the mess at Essendon. Then went on to become high performance manager for England Rugby.

11 years experience in different environments. And people seem to only remember his last couple of years as coach here, and forget his importance to the club in the preceding 10 years

He's been at s**t clubs that stayed s**t while he was there.

Why would he have an opinion of Chapman? It's not like the guy sacked him. He would have probably heard Chapman say a couple of fluff pieces at some functions and that's it.

If the poster thinks Bassett hates Roo so much he wouldn't return to the club, he should say it, and probably say why.
I didn’t say he hates Roo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back