News 2020 Trade and Coaching Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

You mentioned the clubs that he'd been at after us and they were all coaching roles. Same with Rugby. He's no longer a fitness guy and won't be going back to it.
England Rugby was a High Performance role that included mentoring Eddie Jones. In fact all his roles were in High Performance. England went as far as the World Cup final losing to South Africa.

He was shoe horned into Neeld's role coaching when he was sacked. Essendon needed someone to clean up the dumpster fire after the drug saga and put systems in place. Carlton was High Performance and a mentoring role for Bolton. A bit of stretch to blame Craig for all those steaming piles of s**t. Those 3 clubs were all steaming piles of s**t when he arrived and had been for at least a decade, and to some degree they still are.

I'm not endorsing him taking on a role overseeing High Performance at Adelaide. Apart from last couple years coaching Adelaide, I just don't think he's as bad as some people here are trying to make out.

England Rugby was a High Performance role that included mentoring Eddie Jones. In fact all his roles were in High Performance. England went as far as the World Cup final losing to South Africa.

He was shoe horned into Neeld's role coaching when he was sacked. Essendon needed someone to clean up the dumpster fire after the drug saga and put systems in place. Carlton was High Performance and a mentoring role for Bolton. A bit of stretch to blame Craig for all those steaming piles of sh*t. Those 3 clubs were all steaming piles of sh*t when he arrived and had been for at least a decade, and to some degree they still are.

I'm not endorsing him taking on a role overseeing High Performance at Adelaide. Apart from last couple years coaching Adelaide, I just don't think he's as bad as some people here are trying to make out.

He's very bad. We're still rolling his philosophies here. He improved not a single one of the clubs that he was at and was basically laughed out of Victoria. Wouldn't have gotten to a 3rd club there if not for his relationship with Trigg.

He's very bad. We're still rolling his philosophies here. He improved not a single one of the clubs that he was at and was basically laughed out of Victoria. Wouldn't have gotten to a 3rd club there if not for his relationship with Trigg.
And yet he was involved with a national setup on the international stage.

He isn't very bad.

But I don't want him at our club.

I don't know. Since he left Adelaide he's been at Melbourne, Carlton and sent in clean up some of the mess at Essendon. Then went on to become high performance manager for England Rugby.

11 years experience in different environments. And people seem to only remember his last couple of years as coach here, and forget his importance to the club in the preceding 10 years
I'd have him as head of our High Performance Department in a heartbeat, that's his specific field of excellence.

And yet he was involved with a national setup on the international stage.

He isn't very bad.

But I don't want him at our club.

Part time at best consulting role in a different sport with vastly different rules, no draft, no salary cap, no relevance. He's a known failure at high levels in the AFL and only a complete basket case of a club would employ him in any capacity. So, welcome back Neil, we've missed you.

Part time at best consulting role in a different sport with vastly different rules, no draft, no salary cap, no relevance. He's a known failure at high levels in the AFL and only a complete basket case of a club would employ him in any capacity. So, welcome back Neil, we've missed you.
Rubbish, in the Sports Science field he is highly qualified.

I'd have him as head of our High Performance Department in a heartbeat, that's his specific field of excellence.

Yeh, Melbourne, Essendon and Carlton were really improved by his tenure. His specific field of excellence is the fitness area of a high performance program, but I doubt he'd be in the better handful of fitness coaches these days. He's failed at and been moved on from every other role that he's tried his hand at in the AFL industry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh, Melbourne, Essendon and Carlton were really improved by his tenure. His specific field of excellence is the fitness area of a high performance program, but I doubt he'd be in the better handful of fitness coaches these days. He's failed at and been moved on from every other role that he's tried his hand at in the AFL industry.
Neil Craig >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Matt Haas

Neil Craig >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Matt Haas

No doubt. But he's in high performance management these days, he's not going into a hands on fitness role. If he came back it would be no lesser than a director of coaching type role which he's previously failed at in more than one club. But if he wanted to get us fit, I'd move Haas on in a heartbeat.

How the hell did Hass survive the review?

Our fittest players are first year players and other clubs' discards FFS.

They're sh*t at their jobs, but they are not outright causing player unrest. The ones doing the latter were the ones removed first.

I am also assuming it's a mixture of money and timing. I expect them to be gone at the end of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back