Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Micky McGuane in todays Hun calls Jaidyn Stephenson pretty timid and can't wait to get rid of the footy when he actually gets it, not traits that are usually highlighted for Collingwood players, wonder if he was encouraged by Eddie and Nafan ?

They must want to keep him then.

Be concerned if the media suddenly pump his tyres all the way into trade week.

Micky McGuane in todays Hun calls Jaidyn Stephenson pretty timid and can't wait to get rid of the footy when he actually gets it, not traits that are usually highlighted for Collingwood players, wonder if he was encouraged by Eddie and Nafan ?

I said the same weeks ago. Does not like the physical side of the game.

If Cameron doesn't fire, Brisbane's forward line doesn't function. I can't remember a game where Hipwood has taken it by the scruff of the neck and dominated. Lions need him to fire if they want to get close to Richmond.

Richmond have just strangled them and denied the corridor and any sort of quick movement. Good lesson for the Lions, they've got to find another way.

Richmond have just strangled them and denied the corridor and any sort of quick movement. Good lesson for the Lions, they've got to find another way.

They're pretenders.

The richmond system, love it or hate it, is gunna take some stopping yet again. A lot of good ordinary players, but they know the system backwards. Then ya got Dusty who’s on a whole other level.
Just debating with a mate.......He the best midfielder we’ve seen? I reckon he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The richmond system, love it or hate it, is gunna take some stopping yet again. A lot of good ordinary players, but they know the system backwards. Then ya got Dusty who’s on a whole other level.
Just debating with a mate.......He the best midfielder we’ve seen? I reckon he is.

He's not even a pure midfielder (59th for clearances), and wouldn't be in my top 25 players.

Richmond's game plan works well against certain sides, but they are far from unstoppable.

Brisbane's inaccuracy is driving me spare and I don't really care who wins. Must be killing their supporters, certainly doesn't seem to be doing Fagan's blood pressure any favours.

He's not even a pure midfielder (59th for clearances), and wouldn't be in my top 25 players.

Richmond's game plan works well against certain sides, but they are far from unstoppable.
s**t....that’s an interesting stat. To me he’s the most creative and damaging mid I can think of for a long while. Top 25 as in the top 25 in league now, or all time? I’m assuming you mean in the league now mate?
I think he’s ridiculous and something always happens when he gets the footy. I’m not a real stats type, just going on the eye test.
Around goal, over. One on one, over. Puts an incredible amount of torque on the footy when he kicks it. He’s just a ripper.

No team is unstoppable.....its gunna take something to stop em though.

sh*t....that’s an interesting stat. To me he’s the most creative and damaging mid I can think of for a long while. Top 25 as in the top 25 in league now, or all time? I’m assuming you mean in the league now mate?
I think he’s ridiculous and something always happens when he gets the footy. I’m not a real stats type, just going on the eye test.
Around goal, over. One on one, over. Puts an incredible amount of torque on the footy when he kicks it. He’s just a ripper.

No team is unstoppable.....its gunna take something to stop em though.

I think you may be overlooking how s**t football is right now mate. It's never been worse.

Martyn is a very good player, no doubt, but he'd be carrying the bags of a few others.

I think you may be overlooking how sh*t football is right now mate. It's never been worse.

Martyn is a very good player, no doubt, but he'd be carrying the bags of a few others.
You know what, fair call, I can appreciate that. Footy is garbage.

Out of interest, if ya can be bothered, give me ya best midfielder....of all time or even just last 30-40 years.
There‘s been some pretty special ones.
Judd
Voss
Buckley
Fyfe
M Rioli
Hird.....mightn‘t qualify as a mid....pretty bloody good player, s**t bloke though
Diesel Williams
Goodes

Richmonds system is basically Hawthorn’s with poorer kicking skills and more pace.

A rolling pack of loose defenders.

Pressure, pressure, pressure around the middle, get the opposition to bomb long forward, cover the air with the defensive wall (their actual greatest asset), and then grind the thing up the ground, bringing the wall up behind it, and utilise that pressure around the ball on the way out to drive it back in and get more shots on goal.

That's the Richmond game plan in a nutshell, and it's built on quick pressure players and an aerial defensive wall. Nothing else.

We showed them last year what happens when you take that midfield pressure up a cog and cross the line in to violence. They go back in their shells. A side like West Coast is very well set up to beat them also.They have a bottom 6 of largely untalented players that would drop in to obscurity if not for that game plan, and it's a blight on modern football that such a side could win two premierships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back