Game Day Crows Vs Demons: Youth and home truths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Outside of the margin which definitely didn’t reflect the game, it went about as well as anyone could expect with 9 changes and bringing in that much inexperience. We competed really well for 3 quarters, brought way more pressure and actually were breaking even in clearances, but then completely fell away in the 4th.
Fitness!

Many.

This year looks far worse than the rest, and that's saying something

As I posted after the 2017/18 preseason debacle, if you overcook them one year, the likelihood of ratcheting down and getting it right is highly unlikely. We then went from that to repairing personal relationships ahead of anything else. And we have Burto's assistant from Brisbane running the show now. Anyobody thst thought for 1 second that we'd strip fit has NFI.

Jones hasn’t shown anything to suggest he’ll make it.

Do I need to chip in for two medals or can I just inscribe both of your names on the one 😂😂😂

He needs a rest... not good for his confidence... but it’s too soon to say.. He has had some sensational moments in his 20 games... really exceptional moments... so I am not writing him off... can I have a medal if he becomes sensational?

I would like my Charlie Cameron medal by the way.. when everyone was writing him off as a player... I wasn’t.. still think he was our only finals performer under Pyke.

Watching the game, it appears most ofnthe team have the talent, but they aren't working together.

For me, it's all coaching. Our clearance suck, our ball movement is non existant. We defend poorly and there is no run from contests. I only saw Schoenberg do it of all or players.

It's so simple, but makes such a difference.

AFC, go and get Nicks some decent coaches to support him Who have AFL experience at good clubs.
Godden and hart are out of contract at seasons end..they had better NOT get renewed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep bookmark it. Seen enough.
He’s probably getting worse if anything. I think he needs a break.

Seems a good honest tryer which is quite typical of an Adelaide pick.

Ned on the other hand ive not seen do a single thing with the ball.

im not saying both are done, but I’m 100 percent saying neither was worth the pick they were taken at.

jones has a chance of becoming a serviceable player, not so confident on Ned.

He’s probably getting worse if anything. I think he needs a break.

Seems a good honest tryer which is quite typical of an Adelaide pick.

Ned on the other hand ive not seen do a single thing with the ball.

im not saying both are done, but I’m 100 percent saying neither was worth the pick they were taken at.

jones has a chance of becoming a serviceable player, not so confident on Ned.
McHenry was pretty handy at times tonight.

Nope, less than that. What's exceedingly obvious is that when you overcook the players, as we were found to have done between 2017/18, when you dial back it's very hard to get it right. I posted that back then, did you?
No, don't think so. You've been saying it (correctly) since the GF though.

McHenry was pretty handy at times tonight.
He has a lot of mongrel but not a lot of weapons. All well and good to get under the opposition's skin, but he needs to find more of the footy and do something with it. Right now, he's not looking like a first round pick at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back