Game Day Crows Vs Demons: Youth and home truths.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure. Continue your denial. We kick to him A LOT, he's just done. Unfit, like the entire side, or injured, or done. But don't make up sh*t. He gets directed more ball than his efficacy deserves.
I think we need him on field this year. Sure he's near the end. Who is he stopping from getting a game? He's easily still the best half forward at the club.

He has a lot of mongrel but not a lot of weapons. All well and good to get under the opposition's skin, but he needs to find more of the footy and do something with it. Right now, he's not looking like a first round pick at all.
That'll come.

What player along with Lachie Murphy had the game high tackle count for both clubs do you think?
Murph should have had 10 tackles.

Twice he bumped when he shoukd have tsckled. Both times he bumped the player to their advantage.

I am a Murphy fan. But not the first time I have noticed this.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

He’s probably getting worse if anything. I think he needs a break.

Seems a good honest tryer which is quite typical of an Adelaide pick.

Ned on the other hand ive not seen do a single thing with the ball.

im not saying both are done, but I’m 100 percent saying neither was worth the pick they were taken at.

jones has a chance of becoming a serviceable player, not so confident on Ned.
So pissed off that we had 4 first round picks in that draft and we have little to show from it? Add in Gibbs and thats 6 picks. Add in the gallucci draft and what have we got for it? 3 wasted years of draft. Add in the lost players, and terrible list management and where has it got us? Last.

Now you're just sh*t talking if you thought that of his game tonight...
He's certainly not at his best that was far better tonight from him
Better, but more should be expected of him.

Tex is done. A few thought a quarter here or there over 2 games was evidence to the contrary, guess what, Tex is done.

He has been done for 12 months, was showing signs 2 years ago. He shouldn't be getting a game.

Regardless the club can't rebuild and move on with Tex in the playing group. To much negative history. Lynch is the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you understand my post? Why would it have been apparent directly after the GF? We only had an inkling that we'd cooked the players as season 2018 unfolded. And we'd need to correct our preseason going into the 2018/19 Preseason. Can you please keep up. It's not hard.
You've lost it. Was apparent early in 2018 that too many were in a good paddock over the Christmas break. I thought you were one of the ones saying it then.
Remember when the coaches leaked info about training standards?

Feel we are 2 gun key forwards and another 2 quality mids away from being competitive.
That’s my take too hope everyone agrees tilthorpe McDonald and best mid with gws pick then next best mid at pick 20 . Two kpf a must forward line stinks ,tex gone lynch nearly gone, fog not the answer. A must. And we will be last next year get Horne special as player but this year draft for kpfs so we need just load up on them cause our forward line at present is non existent
positives - Schoenberg 12 in first game looks the real deal. Sholl - 9 in first half before being rested McAsey - going be a gun anyone knows footy can see it hamil - we all know will be a gun. Himelbourg starting put it together, best game persist with him. Laird midfield really good

negatves. McHenry still on fence but jones I am really concerned about, should be producing more now no excuses.

Our other problem is that because we’ve favoured stats over impact and honest tryers over talent, our crop of senior plaers are those that simply get worse under pressure.

We can want it as much as we like, but this senior group will not get any better in a rebuilding side.

We need to just bite the bullet and move them aside.

He has a lot of mongrel but not a lot of weapons. All well and good to get under the opposition's skin, but he needs to find more of the footy and do something with it. Right now, he's not looking like a first round pick at all.
I thought he got to the right spots a fair bit tonight, a few nice moves with the ball, but gets too close to the contest IMO.

Needs to stay a bit further off the ball then hit it with pace.

Though when you don't have a forward coach, he's effectively working it out by himself

Nah. Fitness is the 1st issue. Fitness is the first thing you get sorted, everything else follows.

If you don't have fitness, you won't have skills, you won't have good disposal. Even if you spend all your time working on them.
Yep

This was a young team out on its feet. Competed for as long as we could.

Maybe could have gone a bit longer if some of the older guys eg Walker, Lynch, Mackay contributed anything but we were done.

At least there are reasons for this and we can do something about it. The games where we've been blown apart for class and intensity from the start by shithouse teams were troubling but this was a normal rebuilding team game.

And strategy moving ball forward, particularly in the 3rd quarter
Let's face it, we are severely understaffed in the coaching department quality wise, just rinse and repeat when the pressure heats up, in the very least we need far better operators than Godden and Hart and a quality replacement for Mattner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back