Umpires influencing games: Exhibit 1 Car v Fre

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol no specific rule about what happens when it’s out on the full. They’ve over legislated this game yet there are still gaps in the rules. Bunch of spuds running this organisation.
I think there is, used to be 15.2.5.
Downfield where it crosses the line, taken by the closest player.
Unless that is a worse position than where the free was, in which case it’s taken at the same point as the kick.

You should umpire as you clearly don't know the rules

The ball was kicked out of bounds. Therefore the kick has to be taken where it was last in play....on the wing where the infringement took place

That’s incorrect. It’s paid at the point where the ball went out of bounds as that’s the greater penalty to the offending team.

The issue is not the free kick. The issue is the down field. The rule was officiated incorrectly. If freo were going to do anything this season they should lodge a formal complaint for siren gate 2.0. But as freo are unlucky to make finals they probably wont. But they should, that kind of blatant not knowing the rule from an umpire is shocking and shakes the foundation of the game.

The ball left the field of play after ThE contact was made. It’s Beside the point anyway. It’s about the WHEN the player made contact with Docherty, which was after he kicked it. That alone is what determines the whether it is downfield or “as he kicked it”.

Downfield is paid to where the ball landed Or, in this instance, where it exited the field of play.

It was adjudicated correctly.

Both frees where there weather you like it or not if they had been payed any other time during the game know one would say a thing about it the fact they were paid in the dying seconds and now everyone wants to cry like babies 😂
It’s not just the last 30 seconds though.

Btw, I don’t believe for one second that umpires would favour a team, ever. They’re paid professionals. There’s no conspiracy here, it’s just incompetence. Nothing more, nothing less
Fair comment I guess.

You could see it clearly. #VICBIAS is real. Gil was communicating to the umps via the ear pieces. WA and SA clubs should leave this corrupt league in protest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that Fremantle didn't receive two down the field free kicks in the same circumstances in the last says otherwise.
If Carlton received that free at any other stage and it resulted in a goal, then the reaction would still be the same.

The reality is the umpires have been grossly incompetent this year and need to be held accountable for it.
I think people are getting caught up in the moment go and rewatch the two Fremantle pushes in the back they were both pushed before they kicked the ball that’s the reason they weren’t payed down field a bit different to the last one were the Carlton player was knocked over after kicking the ball hence the down field!

I didn't see any of the game except the last 30 seconds, the dilberate out of bounds and downfield were both there. I don't seec what's crimminal about it.
Hell no they weren't. Particularly since there is no downfield when you kick it out on the full.

18.1.2 Awarding Free Kicks Unless otherwise stated in these Laws, a Free Kick can be awarded at any location on the Arena and shall be taken where it is awarded or where the football is at the time, whichever is the greater penalty against the offending Team. For the avoidance of doubt, Free Kicks awarded outside the Playing Surface will be taken at the nearest location on the Boundary Line or where the football is at the time, whichever is the greater penalty against the offending Team.

Btw, I don’t believe for one second that umpires would favour a team, ever. They’re paid professionals. There’s no conspiracy here, it’s just incompetence. Nothing more, nothing less

Exactly. In the gameday threads Carlton fans were claiming it was conspiracy early in the game (and last week) and then Freo fans were after the game. It's incompetence (and a difficult job), not a conspiracy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back