AFL Player # 2: Sam Draper

Remove this Banner Ad

Still trying to wrap my head around how this guy played soccer for so long.

How he’d be competitive in a non contact sport which requires a huge amount of control and finesse boggles the mind.

I’m pretty sure he would have accidentally killed someone if allowed to play

The 2016 draft is looking good for us with what we have seen so far this year. Obviously we finished last and had the picks but mcgrath (pick 1), ridley (pick 22) and draper (rookie draft).

Totally agree it looks like a cracker for us (and Brisbane if we are looking at other clubs too).
Also whilst McGrath was a gimme pick considering the other 2 choices were McLuggage and Tarranto who are both guns as well, Ridley and Draper were both astute choices after many clubs had opportunities to grab them. Can argue that Draper was a bit fortunate in that we had pick 1 in the rookie draft and I think the first 10 in the rookie draft was full of ruck picks as at that time clubs were really keen on taking rucks that way unless they were really can't miss prospects. Nonetheless Draper had hardly touched a football when we took him so pretty good pick to identify that talent.

Totally agree it looks like a cracker for us (and Brisbane if we are looking at other clubs too).
Also whilst McGrath was a gimme pick considering the other 2 choices were McLuggage and Tarranto who are both guns as well, Ridley and Draper were both astute choices after many clubs had opportunities to grab them. Can argue that Draper was a bit fortunate in that we had pick 1 in the rookie draft and I think the first 10 in the rookie draft was full of ruck picks as at that time clubs were really keen on taking rucks that way unless they were really can't miss prospects. Nonetheless Draper had hardly touched a football when we took him so pretty good pick to identify that talent.
So what you're saying is we should hold on to Dodoro in some capacity?

As much as I want to see as much of him as humanly possible, resting him is the right thing to do, and this is the time to do it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 more weeks then rest would've been ideal for my Supercoach. Probably the right call though.

Think Nic Nat will be rested against us so it might be Bailey Williams he's up against.

I’m worried Draper is at risk of injury Vs the Eagles.

Naitanui does an incredible job of using his leading leg as a leverage point in ruck contests. It allows him additional elevation while also negating the opposing ruckman. He uses his leading lead with such force.

From what we’ve seen so far Draper doesn’t do a very good job at all of protecting himself during ruck contests leaving his entire mid section exposed and vulnerable.

It’s only going to take a well placed, and legal, Naitanui shin/knee to Drapers mid section and he could be at risk.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m worried Draper is at risk of injury Vs the Eagles.

Naitanui does an incredible job of using his leading leg as a leverage point in ruck contests. It allows him additional elevation while also negating the opposing ruckman. He uses his leading lead with such force.

From what we’ve seen so far Draper doesn’t do a very good job at all of protecting himself during ruck contests leaving his entire mid section exposed and vulnerable.

It’s only going to take a well placed, and legal, Naitanui shin/knee to Drapers mid section and he could be at risk.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Drapes is a big boy. He'll be right

Wasn’t embarrassed though. One of NicNats quieter games for the year & did better against him than players like Grundy & Mumford did.

Yeah, but NicNat only played 59% game time. Draper got pantsed with NN was on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back