Rolling All Australian Team 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to find a spot for Kelly from the Eagles. I think I'd replace Gray with Kelly.
Kelly hasnt had a great year. Was enormous against the Saints and had a couple of other reasonable games but he is nowhere near AA this year. Even after missing chunks of the year, Shuey and to a lesser extend (due to how much time out) Yeo would be a better chance at AA from the WC midfield this year. They wont be in the top 40 either.
From my team, I think Nic Nat is a lock but I'd also like to see Ryan get a call up. He had a very solid start to the year but the past 5 or 6 games he has been amazing. His set shots have improved (one of his main weaknesses) but his work around the ground is incredible to watch lately. He is just making the opposition look silly time and again walking around tacklers and delivering impossible passes to our forwards and you wonder how he even saw the option. He has stepped up in the absence of Willie Rioli and started doing Rioli things. I just worry that, like most years, the AA team will have an extra KPF shoehorned into a small forward position because of the goal kickers leaderboard but if you select a balanced team with 2 geniune small forwards in the pockets then, on current form, Ryan should get a look in.
Sheppard and Gaff (mostly on reputation) are the others with a good chance this year.

Every year it's the same. "Why does my team in the top 4 get less representatives than a bottom 8 side?" blah blah.

I'd actually consider it a credit to my side if they were top of the ladder or thereabouts with no AA representatives. A star team will always beat a team of stars as the saying goes.

There are two perspectives here.

1st perspective
- Its an individual honour given to the best individuals of the season in their specific position.

2nd perspective
- This is the All Australian TEAM, and this TEAM would be selected as if it were to represent Australia if AFL was an international sport.

What makes this so difficult is the fan persepctive is usually the 1st perspective whilst the selectors try to balance the two perspectives.

Any reason you have allocated, Melbourne equal most all Australians? Am I missing something or is this the same Melbourne that have lost to Geelong, Eagles, Tigers, Brisbane and Power?

Their only victory against a fellow top eight teams was against St. Kilda by 3 points and a depleted Collingwood outfit that was bullied?

So essentially what you are saying is, the demons, the team full of players that cannot beat the good teams should be recognised as the team with the best players this year?

Im just confused Big Footy, very, very confused.

Player distribution
1. Port Adelaide
Butters, Gray, Dixon, Boak (4)

2. Brisbane Lions
Andrews, Neale (2)

3. Richmond
- (0)

4. Geelong
Hawkins (1)

5. West Coast
Gaff, Ryan, Natanui (3)

6. St. Kilda
Steele (1)

7. Bulldogs
Daniel, McCrae, Bont (3)

8. Melbourne
May, Petracca, Gawn, Oliver (4)

The Demons have clearly been the best team this year mate. Four selections minimum IMO.

Where did you get the stats on rushed behinds? Not disputing it, just genuinely keen to find another resource.

If Roo played for the Dogs you may well have won a flag or two. Same as if we had Jason Akermanis or Brad Johnson.

Agree that in 2010 we got smashed but that scoreline is incorrect. Pies kicked 6.5 to half time. Not sure where you got 4.9 from.

Anywho, we are way off topic.
Footywire has all the stats.

The Pie players who did their chances no harm were Crisp and Moore even though most would expect them to miss out. Crisp is ultra consistent, while Moore was far too good for King who got his only goal from a Maynard gift and was very important in the last quarter with a brace of contested marks on a sticky night. Maynard was a dill at times.

The Pie players who did their chances no harm were Crisp and Moore even though most would expect them to miss out. Crisp is ultra consistent, while Moore was far too good for King who got his only goal from a Maynard gift and was very important in the last quarter with a brace of contested marks on a sticky night. Maynard was a dill at times.

Hey the hilarious tantrum after the turnover was funny from Maynard lol

Hey the hilarious tantrum after the turnover was funny from Maynard lol
Agree, and Moore who had kicked out well when he had the opportunity wanted to take the last 2 but Maynard was a bit like a sooky boy who did not want to give up his candy. He twice kicked it askew in almost identical fashion. For a Pies fan it was infuriating but also funny too. He defiantly kicked out twice again too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, and Moore who had kicked out well when he had the opportunity wanted to take the last 2 but Maynard was a bit like a sooky boy who did not want to give up his candy. He twice kicked it askew in almost identical fashion. For a Pies fan it was infuriating but also funny too. He defiantly kicked out twice again too.

Least he stuck with it, didn't drop his head.

Daicos is a gem

Dudn
Yep, everything you said is very true! Only a Mason Cox hater would disagree with your wise summation of the match.

But you disagree with nearly every Richmond post anyway.
Third best intercept mark and total intercept player in the league. Possibly the toughest of all those other half backs. The best kick of those he is up against. Super reliable, rarely makes a mistake, Footywire stats has him at 0 clangers for the year, Haynes & Ridley 7, Maynard 11, Saad has 31.

There is nobody else close at Richmond besides Martin.
I think you better check again. Footy wire has Vlastuin at 34 clangers for the year (Ridley 25 Haynes 31 Saad 31 Maynard 38) The stats you quoted look like stoppage clearances.

Mason Cox is a lock for All Australian for being the most accurate goal kick in the Afl. That guy is taking the piss!! 🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I reckon since he learnt to kick the football at an older age he learnt properly and didn't have any bad habits to break in his action

His kicking is even more impressive when you take into account that big guys are usually bad/ordinary kicks

this will be the side FWIW

Grimes Balta Baker

Whitfield Valustin Jonas

Wines T.Kelly B.Hill

De Goey Hawkins Martin

Wallis T.Lynch Butters

Rucks: Natanui Neale S.Bolton

Inter: Dangerfield Boak Bontempelli T.Greene

I was trying to work out what was wrong with this selection. Something seems slightly delusional. I think it might be the selection of Hill, given he didn't start to perform until Round 12. Yes, that must be it...

Adams and Maynard are the 2 that get in at Collingwood.

Crisp small chance on the bench but unlikely.

Can't see Moore getting in over Andrews, Weitering and May.
Maynard gets in the 22

Adams is in the squad but not sure if he gets in the 22. A bench spot maybe

Moore is the in squad too imo

this will be the side FWIW

Grimes Balta Baker

Whitfield Valustin Jonas

Wines T.Kelly B.Hill

De Goey Hawkins Martin

Wallis T.Lynch Butters

Rucks: Natanui Neale S.Bolton

Inter: Dangerfield Boak Bontempelli T.Greene

Even if you take out your obvious Richmond bias trolling the rest of the team you have selected is absolutely horrible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back