Rolling All Australian Team 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if you take out your obvious Richmond bias trolling the rest of the team you have selected is absolutely horrible
Think he's taking the piss there buddy

Lol so salty over a piss take post.

Don't focus on Richmond, focus on your own team.
Maybe if people keep the bullshit piss taking posts to the Bay where they belong, people won't get annoyed

Sydney fan, Parker, you would be happy that Papley is staying; he is a sneaky chance for AA too but perhaps not as much as he was after the first half of the season.

Happy enough, I was happy either way just wanted him to be happy at the end of the day. Think he'll get on the bench in the AA, if he doesn't get it this year no doubt he will next year or the year after

Feels odd to see Gray named in some sides who didn't really get going until midway through the season.

Who are the top half forwards this year?

There's not many of them that's the issue. Scoring has been diabolical across the league. I do feel Martin gets one of the HFF spots, and this year I wouldn't even be against another mid on the other flank. It's been that sort of year. Wallis makes the most sense though.

With one round left:

FB: Nick Haynes - Harris Andrews - Luke Ryan
HB: Caleb Daniel - Steven May - Brayden Maynard
MF: Sam Menegola - Cameron Guthrie - Zachary Merrett
HF: Christian Petracca - Tom Hawkins (c) - Daniel Butler
FF: Mitchell Wallis - Josh J Kennedy - Charlie Dixon
OB: Nic Naitanui - Lachlan Neale - Jack Steele
IC: Taylor Adams - Patrick Dangerfield - Travis Boak - Darcy Byrne-Jones

And a reserves for the hell of it:

FB: Bradley Sheppard - Sam Collins - Tom Jonas
HB: Jordan Ridley - Jacob Weitering - Adam Saad
MF: Mitchell Duncan - Clayton Oliver - Hugh McCluggage
HF: Liam Ryan - Jack Darling - Charlie Cameron
FF: Tom Papley - Matt Taberner - Tom Lynch
OB: Max Gawn - Ollie Wines - Dustin Martin
IC: Nick Vlaustin - Jackson Macrae - Marcus Bontempelli - Jy Simpkin

Duncan maybe (I'm obviously biased though), Clug no

Duncan with an absolute certainty. I'd easily pick McCluggage too. I like watching Merrett too. Just pick the Geelong wingmen they deserve it.

With one round left:

What odds does Sportsbet have on the reserves asking for a friend as i don't have a gambling problem.

With one round left:

Sam Collins was towelled up last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps you should take your own advice

People are concentrating on their own team and you like to come in and tell them how good Richmond is.

No one cares.
Wait, what?

You tell me to focus on my own team and then insult me by claiming I only focus on... my own team?

As a very serious student of the Eagles we have three who are in contention;. Naitanui, Gaff and Sheppard. What helps Naitanui is the opposite of the other two, what he does is generally eye catching, Gaff and Sheppard just keep on keeping on, never playing bad games. Tim Kelly has been up and down and Liam Ryan had a quiet start, neither should be in, need to reward actual, consistent performance. What I always hope for but never get is selecting players based purely on the current years performance. Too many in the past based on accumulated effort over the years or straight out reputation.

Last edited:
Perhaps you should take your own advice

People are concentrating on their own team and you like to come in and tell them how good Richmond is.

No one cares.
I would like to give some love to a Richmond player who has exceled since separating from the MCG and Rance's shadow.

Everybody give Balta a shout out, cause no one else will.

How good are Richmond by the way!!

As a very serious student of the Eagles we have three who are in contention;. Naitanui, Gaff and Sheppard. What helps Naitanui is the opposite of the other two, what he does is generally eye catching, Gaff and Sheppard just keep on keeping on, never playing bad games. Tim Kelly has been up had down and Liam Ryan had a quiet start, neither you or be in, need to reward actual, consistent performance. What I always hope for but never get is selecting players based purely on the current years performance. Too many in the past based on accumulated effort over the years or straight out reputation.
You made some very salient points!
Not bad from a West Coast supporter

this will be the side FWIW

Grimes Balta Baker

Whitfield Valustin Jonas

Wines T.Kelly Neale

De Goey Hawkins Martin

Wallis T.Lynch Butters

Rucks: Natanui Petracca S.Bolton

Inter: Dangerfield Boak Bontempelli T.Greene
Nicnat is lucky to make it in over soldo but I guess the ACL hurts soldos chances

There are two perspectives here.

1st perspective
- Its an individual honour given to the best individuals of the season in their specific position.

2nd perspective
- This is the All Australian TEAM, and this TEAM would be selected as if it were to represent Australia if AFL was an international sport.

What makes this so difficult is the fan persepctive is usually the 1st perspective whilst the selectors try to balance the two perspectives.

It has to be the first perspective. The point of AA is that it's an individual honor and you reward good seasons. There is no point to the second perspective.

This is not an AA team but if I was picking a team to play a game tomorrow:

Grimes Andrews Howe
Whitfield McGovern Maynard
Bont Dangerfield Kelly
Martin Hawkins De Goey
C.Cameron Lynch Greene
NicNat Fyfe Cripps

Int: Pendlebury, Petracca, Neale, Blicavs
Great team, but if you wanted to win ''tomorrow'' I can't fathom why you'd want Cripps.

He's been very average in 2020. You seem to be hoping that pre 2020 Cripps turns up tomorrow.

Someone will probably throw some clearance stats at me, but I've watched him closely and he's been horrible on occasions.

Eyes are useful.

I have watched almost every game. Of the top of my head I would go something long these lines:

Grimes Andrews Ryan
Saad Haynes Daniel
Menegola Pendlebury Duncan
Greene Hawkins Wallis
Papley Kennedy C. Cameron

Natanui Petracca D Martin

I/C Bontempelli(relief ruck/forward) Neale(inside mid relief) Billings(wing rotation) L McDonald(7th defender)

There are many many players you could interchange like Stewart for Ryan for eg, Mills for Grimes, Taberner for Kennedy.

The ones I omitted simply because they missed too many games were Hunter, De Goey, and almost certainly had he not been injured, Stringer. I have omitted Dangerfield, Fyfe because the players in their positions I have selected use the ball so much better than them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back