Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta admire it though. In 2011, when we had three wins, I was too embarrassed to post on our own board, let alone anyone else's (and I don't think there was a Lego thread in those days so I didn't even have an outlet)

I fled to TPFP....after 2007

Yep they’re out & about.

Still stone motherless last campaigners.

Their players are running around on Twitter now complaining Sholl missed out on the Rising Star nomination.

Way to dump on Isaac Quaynor who was nominated.

Their players are running around on Twitter now complaining Sholl missed out on the Rising Star nomination.

They probably have a point this time, but Fat Harry may be in front of him if the nominations have reverted to a 'body of work' basis, as appears the case for IQ.

They probably have a point this time, but Fat Harry may be in front of him if the nominations have reverted to a 'body of work' basis, as appears the case for IQ.

Yeah it sounds like Sholl had a good game but it's just a bad look to me when your teammates try to tear down another player's nomination because their guy missed out. Especially when the team has been a running joke all year and come good for a few junk time wins.

Leave it to the media to point the finger.

Have no beef with Quaynor's nomination but I did think Sholl looked lively. Don't recall having seen him before, was that his debut? Which of their past greats is he the new one of?

Gee I'm glad I live in a country where you are presumed innocent until proven guilty.
Sorry, but as a female who has been sexually assaulted twice in my life time I do not hold this view. It is very easy as a male to hold such a view. I was 18 the first time and 24 the second time, neither time did I ask for what occurred. Imagine going to bed on your own and hours later waking up to find someone in your bed with something occurring that you did not consent to. Thankfully I have have moved on with my life, but it is something I will never forget Ben though it was 15 years ago. It is something that I hope that my daughters never have to go through.

Yeah it sounds like Sholl had a good game but it's just a bad look to me when your teammates try to tear down another player's nomination because their guy missed out. Especially when the team has been a running joke all year and come good for a few junk time wins.

Leave it to the media to point the finger.
It is not a good look at all. Just another reason to add to the ever growing list tha5 franchise is a team of spuds 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, but as a female who has been sexually assaulted twice in my life time I do not hold this view. It is very easy as a male to hold such a view. I was 18 the first time and 24 the second time, neither time did I ask for what occurred. Imagine going to bed on your own and hours later waking up to find someone in your bed with something occurring that you did not consent to. Thankfully I have have moved on with my life, but it is something I will never forget Ben though it was 15 years ago. It is something that I hope that my daughters never have to go through.
That's ****ed sorry to hear my wife has had a similar ordeal when she was even younger that has cost her her relationship with mum and step siblings.
I have asked her multiple times to let me go get some retribution but she won't tell me were to find the *en creep lucky for him.

It's hard to imagine living in Adelaide, surrounded by Crows fans, getting blown by Adelaide media, where their sense of entitlement comes from....

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's f’ed sorry to hear my wife has had a similar ordeal when she was even younger that has cost her her relationship with mum and step siblings.
I have asked her multiple times to let me go get some retribution but she won't tell me were to find the fu**en creep lucky for him.
Thanks Robbo1981. I am so sorry to hear about your wife 😒 I am very thankful I had an amazing support network. I was overseas on the second occasion and I was blown away by the support I received from my travelling companions. Thankfully it happened near the end of the trip. I also had counselling, as it took me a long time to recognise it wasn’t my fault. A few years later I met my husband and he helped me heal completely.

Have no beef with Quaynor's nomination but I did think Sholl looked lively. Don't recall having seen him before, was that his debut? Which of their past greats is he the new one of?

Stephen Schwerdt?

Thanks Robbo1981. I am so sorry to hear about your wife 😒 I am very thankful I had an amazing support network. I was overseas on the second occasion and I was blown away by the support I received from my travelling companions. Thankfully it happened near the end of the trip. I also had counselling, as it took me a long time to recognise it wasn’t my fault. A few years later I met my husband and he helped me heal completely.
Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry to hear you had to go through that. Having young adult daughters who (used to) travel the world that has been a big worry of ours too.

ROOKIE ROBBERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AFL world has come together in its outrage over the naming of the round 17 rising star nomination.

Fans of certain clubs are often dismayed when their youngster isn’t the one announced as the weekly recipient of the award.

But on Tuesday night the entire football community joined as one as they were left seeing red after Adelaide rookie Lachie Sholl wasn’t named as the NAB rising star for round 17.
Sholl was electric against Carlton, finishing the game with 24 disposals and two goals to his name. But the nominee instead went to Collingwood’s Isaac Quaynor.
Towards the end of AFL seasons the nominees factor in a player’s entire body of work from the season, but that didn’t sit well with fans and players who were dumbfounded Sholl’s stunning game didn’t net him the nomination.

My sister endured something similar in her teens and the scars have never fully healed. I can’t imagine what it must have been like but I’m glad you have healed.

Your message - that the men who dominate this forum ought to consider this issue more from the perspective of women - is an important one.

People seem to forget that actual violence towards women - sexual and otherwise - is underreported for a variety of complex reasons and that even when women report it to the authorities, securing convictions is extremely difficult, further disincentivising reporting.

As a start it would be good if people could stop using sexual abuse analogies when complaining about umpiring. Most don’t but those that do should have those posts deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back