List Mgmt. The Unofficial Ron Barassi Father/Child Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

wonder what Toump Ass thinks about Whites boys names if Jaidyn shouldn't get a game for his🤣🤣🤣. Hopefully the Ox, Yze, White boys are all good enough. how good would it be having a father son every year

Ask someone at the pies? ;)

Any news on Kalani White/Noah Yze/Browney's boy?

The last thing I saw was a pic of Kalani White being 194cm at the age of 14. Seems like he'll grow to be 200cm

Surely The Ox and Neita have a few illegitimate babies floating around?? Few father sons maybe from those two would be bloody nice! I'd love to yell OOOOOOZZZZZZEEEE at the footy again though! Didn't know he had a son coming through.

From what I've seen of Kalani White I reckon he'll be a big chance in a few years to get drafted. Just for size alone and pedigree will be worth a spot. He's bloody good at basketball as well, so that could be a problem if he concentrates on that more.

Any news on Kalani White/Noah Yze/Browney's boy?

The last thing I saw was a pic of Kalani White being 194cm at the age of 14. Seems like he'll grow to be 200cm
Yze ain't it, watched him live a few times against my little brother. Kicks bags but at this stage it's just because he's taller and stronger than everybody else. He's ******* massive for a 15/16 year old. Too early to tell if he'll make it but yeah just the big kid in the pack atm

Yze ain't it, watched him live a few times against my little brother. Kicks bags but at this stage it's just because he's taller and stronger than everybody else. He's ******* massive for a 15/16 year old. Too early to tell if he'll make it but yeah just the big kid in the pack atm
wow, I'd never expect that considering his dad was skinny and not overly tall.

wow, I'd never expect that considering his dad was skinny and not overly tall.
yeah Noah's not super tall either tbh, he's just ******* built, kid is juiced up lol. Reckon he'd be maybe 180-185cm

Our Father Son /Daughter is not that impressive . Viney = Big Tick . Not sure who else passes .
Yeah dogs, cats and pies have been blessed. We've been very unlucky. Maybe the asbestos at Junction Oval ****ed up all our players genes.

Aaron Davey’s oldest is about the same age as Jeff White’s second son, they just played together at the QLD champs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we get both of Jeff Whites twins when they are eligible if they are any good? Do the rules allow it?

Can we get both of Jeff Whites twins when they are eligible if they are any good? Do the rules allow it?
Yes. You just need enough points. It’s no different to having two father/son or academy eligible players in the one draft. Like Brisbane with Ashcroft and Fletcher this year, or St.Kilda with Owens and Windhager last year.

How'd he go?

#3 Kynan Brown (Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro)

Having cut his teeth mostly as a midfielder for Oakleigh, Brown spent plenty of time in Team Murphy’s forward line on Saturday. The Melbourne father-son prospect could not be faulted for effort, as he sought to accelerate into scoring positions but found himself caught on the burst inside 50. Still, he backed his speed well and created scoring opportunities, albeit under pressure and largely to no avail.

#3 Kynan Brown (Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro)

Having cut his teeth mostly as a midfielder for Oakleigh, Brown spent plenty of time in Team Murphy’s forward line on Saturday. The Melbourne father-son prospect could not be faulted for effort, as he sought to accelerate into scoring positions but found himself caught on the burst inside 50. Still, he backed his speed well and created scoring opportunities, albeit under pressure and largely to no avail.
Keen watch for next year! Love hearing the word 'speed' written into a piece on a player!

Is Yze's kid 16? I saw him walking out of Sandringham a few weeks ago and he was with a young bloke who was huge. Good size about him if thats him. Whites boys seem athletic so hopefully they come on too.

Thought you guys might be interested to learn that Kalani White has been named at fullback for the Suns U16 academy team when they play the Lions U16 academy in Brisbane this Sunday. Probably a good chance he'll also play in the following two games on the Gold Coast against Tasmania and the Swans academy. So in about three weeks from now we should have a better understanding of Kalani's abilities and standing amongst others in his age group. He's recently been measured at 197cm tall and now plays junior footy for Broadbeach for anyone that's interested.

Thought you guys might be interested to learn that Kalani White has been named at fullback for the Suns U16 academy team when they play the Lions U16 academy in Brisbane this Sunday. Probably a good chance he'll also play in the following two games on the Gold Coast against Tasmania and the Swans academy. So in about three weeks from now we should have a better understanding of Kalani's abilities and standing amongst others in his age group. He's recently been measured at 197cm tall and now plays junior footy for Broadbeach for anyone that's interested.
Interesting that Gold Coast would bother to put effort and resource into White when White appears to have his heart set on Melbourne.

Assuming White is good enough, maybe it’s not a fait accompli that he nominates Melbourne. Maybe Gold Coast are hoping a couple of years in their academy may be enough to sway White’s allegiance.

Interesting that Gold Coast would bother to put effort and resource into White when White appears to have his heart set on Melbourne.

Assuming White is good enough, maybe it’s not a fait accompli that he nominates Melbourne. Maybe Gold Coast are hoping a couple of years in their academy may be enough to sway White’s allegiance.
I'd assume that's the justification as well. The same thing happened with Bailey Scott when we put the academy captaincy on him in his draft year and he took his time (even suggesting in an interview that he'd probably stay on the Gold Coast halfway through the season) but eventually decided to go father-son to North when he had three other options of being drafted us through our academy access, to Geelong via father-son access or denying all three clubs and nominating for the open draft. Although the fact that we were glued to the bottom of the ladder when Scott came through in 2018-19 really didn't help our case. As for Kalani, his draft year (2025) may coincide with our rise up the ladder and possibly even Melbourne's drop so who knows how he's going to feel in 2-3 years from now but I'd tend to agree that his participation in the academy program possibly implies that it's not a fait accompli that he nominates the Dees. From a completely unbiased point of view, it would be a bit silly to not keep open as many opportunities to be drafted as you possibly can when you're his age.

I'm sure the conversation of completing his schooling in Melbourne at an APS school has already come up but for whatever reason he remains in Queensland for the time being. My understanding is if a northern academy player waits until his 17th year to move interstate for schooling purposes then he remains academy eligible for his northern team and it would appear that would be the case if Kalani were to pursue that pathway at the end of this year. Again, by the time his draft rolls around Kalani could end up a rookie chance at best and Melbourne may show no interest at all so you'd want to keep that opportunity with the Suns open for as long as possible. It's really only the high end draft picks that can be picky in these situations.

I find it odd that father son prospects who were always gonna play footy are even eligible to participate in the Northern academies. Seems totally outside the spirit of what they were designed for.

I find it odd that father son prospects who were always gonna play footy are even eligible to participate in the Northern academies. Seems totally outside the spirit of what they were designed for.
Yes and no - just because he's probably not going to play for the Suns, does that mean he shouldn't get the chance to play in the top pathways fixtures that will aid his overall development?

Yes and no - just because he's probably not going to play for the Suns, does that mean he shouldn't get the chance to play in the top pathways fixtures that will aid his overall development?
Isn't the justification of academies that it helped people from Northern states and non-football backgrounds who otherwise would not have been exposed to the AFL and therefore would have been lost to the game. If the academies just pick up blokes who are already jets and have a football background it's just zoning all over again.

Isn't the justification of academies that it helped people from Northern states and non-football backgrounds who otherwise would not have been exposed to the AFL and therefore would have been lost to the game. If the academies just pick up blokes who are already jets and have a football background it's just zoning all over again.
For the non-football backgrounds, yes, but for others who have grown up on the game - whether they've moved north from a traditional state or just played it their whole life - then surely they don't need to be heading to a northern team once drafted to benefit from participating in the academy fixtures. Also best way for all of these players to develop is playing against the best possible opposition. I see it as no different to GWS drafting players from the Coates League. It's all about the greater good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back