Votes: 59 25.9%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Jack Ross

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How many centre bounce did Chol attend. 2 or 3 for the game. I'd tweak it a bit and have Lynch and JR and Balta as ruck back up. I quite liked Caddys game and hope he's fit for next game.
We'll need Balta down back as both Port & Lions have a couple of handy tall forward options as well.

As I said Chol was playing the Lynch role yesterday rather than the second ruck role. When Lynch returns it allows Chol to play a role better suited to him as he'll have a bit more freedom to move up the ground and get involved in the play more. If you look at Chols game yesterday and compare it to Lynchs typical game you'd see that they were quite similar in terms of getting to lots on contests and ensuring that at minimum bringing the ball to ground for the small guys to go to work.

When Lynch returns Chol becomes a mobile 3rd tall option that can stretch the opposition defence by getting up the ground and being an extra tall marking option down the line. As I said last night there will be come unlucky guys missing out next game as 25 doesn't go into 22.

Chol played the Lynch role, not the back up ruck role, a role which is much more important to our game plan especially up forward as it stops Jack being double teams and also gives our small forwards a starting point for when the ball enters our F50. When Lynch returns next game we'll need a second ruck especially against Port/Lions who both play 2 genuine rucks. We saw early this year when we tried to use the likes of Broad or McIntosh in the ruck that it just doesn't work. As for Caddy he was quite clearly sore in the rooms at half time when you see the footage and while he played out the game someone needs to make way for when you bring back 3 best 22 types and unfortunately I can see some players in good form missing out.
Your right Chol was playing the Lynch role.However it's been a fair while where i seen a softer performance than his yesterday.We won't win the flag with him in the side.
He has a soft underbelly.

I
Because Hardwick wants to fit in caddy and there are not many available spots.

With Astbury, balta can play more out of the defense for a few mins.

Chol hardly played ruck at all so we are essentially playing 1 ruck anyway

Back: Grimes. Vlastuin. Balta. Houli. Astbury. Baker. Short.

Mid: Cotchin. Martin. Prestia. Graham. Nank. Macca. Pickett.

Fwd. Jack. Lynch. Edwards. Lambert. Bolton. Rioli. Caddy. George

Harsh on Ross and aarts buts what can u do?
i just can’t see aarts missing after yesterday’s game...

I’d love to see his gps numbers. He worked his aaaaarse off all day up and down..(See what I did there 🤣)

No way Dima drops him. Only knock on his game is he tries to do a little too much at times, doesn’t take the first option often enough. When he cleans that up he’s a real good player

Your right Chol was playing the Lynch role.However it's been a fair while where i seen a softer performance than his yesterday.We won't win the flag with him in the side.
He has a soft underbelly.
No disagreement here. Been my biggest criticism of Chol for a few years now in that he has all the attributes to be a good footballer, but is so timid when put under physical pressure which is what happens when he is asked to play as a KPF at AFL level. When he is used as the second ruck/3rd tall forward he plays much better as he usually gets an opponent who he can dominate physically with his athleticism so he gets his confidence up. So I expect when Lynch returns and Chol goes into the second ruck role he'll play much better

love how edwards baits him with the over the head handball, plays chayce jones like he's playing fetch with his dog

strolls right through the middle of the centre square
My dog doesn’t fall for that. Well done Chance Jones 🤣

No disagreement here. Been my biggest criticism of Chol for a few years now in that he has all the attributes to be a good footballer, but is so timid when put under physical pressure which is what happens when he is asked to play as a KPF at AFL level. When he is used as the second ruck/3rd tall forward he plays much better as he usually gets an opponent who he can dominate physically with his athleticism so he gets his confidence up. So I expect when Lynch returns and Chol goes into the second ruck role he'll play much better

I think it will be a direct swap Chol for Lynch. If we need to play Balta second ruck then we always have Broad available to slot in to the back line (at the expense of who, i'm not sure).

Port loom as the hardest matchup because Dixon - as much as I think is a bit of a w***er - is a man mountain and not an easy man on man matchup if he starts clunking them. We may have to drop a man into the hole in front of him.

I

i just can’t see aarts missing after yesterday’s game...

I’d love to see his gps numbers. He worked his aaaaarse off all day up and down..(See what I did there 🤣)

No way Dima drops him. Only knock on his game is he tries to do a little too much at times, doesn’t take the first option often enough. When he cleans that up he’s a real good player

Disagree I think Hardwick picks rioli and George ahead Aarts

He gets pinged holding the ball far too often also

Lets go back to 17.Extra Mid=Extra run and if worse comes to worse unlike in 17 we have alternatives(Break Glass in emergency)in Balta.
In:Bolton,Lynch
Out: Chol & Ross(Stays if Caddy inj).
I'd hold back meatball until 2nd finals.

reckon chol's gotta go. nank played 90/10 ruck, chol in the lynch role. we're going with one ruck by the looks, with a mid to help out nank.

aarts i think must stay if fit because his workrate is top class. lambert mk.ii, if he can get a good pre-season. would drop castagna out of the three because i reckon daniel has been very solid in the last month.

i want rossy to stay but i think he'll get markov'd.

ideally:
in: prestia, lynch, bolton
out: ross :( , chol, castagna

I think it will be a direct swap Chol for Lynch. If we need to play Balta second ruck then we always have Broad available to slot in to the back line (at the expense of who, i'm not sure).

Port loom as the hardest matchup because Dixon - as much as I think is a bit of a w***er - is a man mountain and not an easy man on man matchup if he starts clunking them. We may have to drop a man into the hole in front of him.
Just can't see us not playing a dedicated second ruck

Disagree I think Hardwick picks rioli and George ahead Aarts

He gets pinged holding the ball far too often also
Maybe... will see. Your’e probably right.
As I said he needs to take the first option more often and when he does he will be much better player.

I’d rather aarts than castagna atm tho.

Aarts such a reliable shot for goal where as castagna my god who the heck knows which state he’s kicking it out of

And I reckon aarts got told he needs to work harder like castagna does and he did that yesterday.. his work rate was elite like George’s is too but he’s a much better ball user

(Log in to remove this ad.)

reckon chol's gotta go. nank played 90/10 ruck, chol in the lynch role. we're going with one ruck by the looks, with a mid to help out nank.

aarts i think must stay if fit because his workrate is top class. lambert mk.ii, if he can get a good pre-season. would drop castagna out of the three because i reckon daniel has been very solid in the last month.

i want rossy to stay but i think he'll get markov'd.

ideally:
in: prestia, lynch, bolton
out: ross :( , chol, castagna

Aarts has had a good season but it's a hard side to get a game in.

Wouldn't surprise me if the coaching staff select the more experienced options.

Outside of broad who's behind balta

Just can't see us not playing a dedicated second ruck

Bit Chol hardly rucked last game

Maybe it'll be different against port/lions rucks - looks like nankervis vs the world coming up

We'll need Balta down back as both Port & Lions have a couple of handy tall forward options as well.

As I said Chol was playing the Lynch role yesterday rather than the second ruck role. When Lynch returns it allows Chol to play a role better suited to him as he'll have a bit more freedom to move up the ground and get involved in the play more. If you look at Chols game yesterday and compare it to Lynchs typical game you'd see that they were quite similar in terms of getting to lots on contests and ensuring that at minimum bringing the ball to ground for the small guys to go to work.

When Lynch returns Chol becomes a mobile 3rd tall option that can stretch the opposition defence by getting up the ground and being an extra tall marking option down the line. As I said last night there will be come unlucky guys missing out next game as 25 doesn't go into 22.
We won the game with Chol playing the Lynch role rather than the 2nd ruck role. We won the game without a 2nd ruck. We know Marbs doesn't have a lot of impact in games. Lions have a fwd line with Omac & Hipwood playing as their 2 talls. Hipwood is quite mobile. Broad has played on him successfully, I suppose Balta will now. Port, our likely opponent have Ladhams & Lycett & Dixon as a key fwd. I don't see em enough to make a call on match ups. We did lose by 21 after being ahead at 3 qtr time Ladhams had a good game last time. With our INS from the last time we played them: Cotch, Prestia, Sheds, Dave Nank. We should get the job done. Chol probs not going to be as effective as Caddy as a fwd, but his height will keep him a spot I think.

Lets go back to 17.Extra Mid=Extra run and if worse comes to worse unlike in 17 we have alternatives(Break Glass in emergency)in Balta.
In:Bolton,Lynch
Out: Chol & Ross(Stays if Caddy inj).
I'd hold back meatball until 2nd finals.
Like the idea, but when they look at the game and see we were beaten 23-16 in around the ground stoppages I think it will reinforce the need to a capable second ruck to at least give us a fighting chance in that area, especially if we've got the ball in our forward half where Nank generally sits back a kick behind play.

Easy ins and outs

ins Prestia lynch Bolton

outs caddy (inj) chol ross

graham gets the spot over ross just

Nank can go solo ruck and if we are on top down back Balta can chop out in the middle. Hated chols game yesterday, he’s soft and was out marked by smaller players about 6 times we can’t carry that into must win finals.

Like the idea, but when they look at the game and see we were beaten 23-16 in around the ground stoppages I think it will reinforce the need to a capable second ruck to at least give us a fighting chance in that area, especially if we've got the ball in our forward half where Nank generally sits back a kick behind play.
As someone said,Shorter qtrs means Nank can spend more time on the ball.At worse we can use Balta for a very short period per qtr.

As someone said,Shorter qtrs means Nank can spend more time on the ball.At worse we can use Balta for a very short period per qtr.
Don't think we will want to mess with our defensive set up.

Bit Chol hardly rucked last game

Maybe it'll be different against port/lions rucks - looks like nankervis vs the world coming up

Apart from Gawn and Grundy who he probably won't come up against then he will manage fine by himself, he did it in 2017

Back