Preview 2nd Qualifying Final: Brisbane V Richmond @ Gabba, 02/10/2020 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caddy wouldn't have been named emergency if he's injured.
He was at training today in his training gear but looked like he was just walking around bouncing a ball, I've seen Lambert do that plenty of times this year, it just means they're being managed and have done enough work for the week.

Chol the big big question mark. He’s played well in QL in front of his family and friends. Let’s hope he can fire up.
no squibb non Richmond efforts thanks. Time to fire up and use that athleticism.
If he doesn’t compete in those contests there will be hell to pay

Dimma said players like George and Rioli don't necessarily show up in direct prolific stats, but contribute in other team indicators that we are not privy to.
Hope Berry is underdone and we hit Lyons hard.
Then it's just Neale and McCluggage as the other two key mids.

He's not physical. It won't happen.
He isn't a kpf.
He's a tall athletic not much.

We missed a trick here. Board in. Chol out. Balta to be 2nd forward and ruck. At least he has substance

You really think we would chuck Balta forward after not doing it at all this year? Like seriously?

Need a whole collective side putting in.Those you mentioned Rioli last month been real good, Aaarts doing his job while George is hitting his straps.
I don’t see it with Rioli. The first half of the last game was horrific, he clearly got a rocket and improved after half time. I mentioned those 3 as they have been poor, aarts serviceable but don’t think anyone thought he was best 22.....come finals things get magnified. Time will tell.

Makes sense, I don't mind the selections.

Chol needs to step up, if he cant mark it he needs to make an effort to at least get the ball to ground, if he just lets his opponent take easy marks then we will struggle. Big game for him he needs to show he is worth investing in as a future forward.

Prestia for Ross is a no brainer but damn I like Ross and just hope he sees himself as still being very much needed. (would hate to lose him due to lack of opportunity).

We had to play Chol so that Andrews at least mans up on someone. And also for ruck chop out.

Would have been silly to move Balta out of defence.

Don’t mess with structures especially our defense,the best in the league.

I don’t see it with Rioli. The first half of the last game was horrific, he clearly got a rocket and improved after half time. I mentioned those 3 as they have been poor, aarts serviceable but don’t think anyone thought he was best 22.....come finals things get magnified. Time will tell.
The 3 pronged small forwards set up has worked so well for us for a long time now. I agree sometimes George and Rioli look useless but overall they are critical to the system. Been part of so many wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t mess with structures especially our defense,the best in the league.

Na let's junk that out the bin and destroy our rock solid back line and structure big boys Dave Grimes and Balta as apparently Dave should go forward to.

Chol was ******* useless last week, it was as s**t a game as i've seen from a Richmond player in a long while.

I still think we are good enough to beat Brisbane even carrying Chol, but another performance like last week and he may as well be delisted let alone dropped. I can only hope he had something going on between the ears like dumped by his missus to excuse it. It was ******* pathetic. I get that some guys have bad days where they can't get a sniff of the ball and I get that some days guys just can't be ****ed, but to avoid contact and basically avoid the ball, that's the kind of thing you see in kids footy where they don't want to get hurt.

Anyway, I always get it wrong so he's probably going to kick a bag.

Chol was ******* useless last week, it was as sh*t a game as i've seen from a Richmond player in a long while.

I still think we are good enough to beat Brisbane even carrying Chol, but another performance like last week and he may as well be delisted let alone dropped. I can only hope he had something going on between the ears like dumped by his missus to excuse it. It was ******* pathetic. I get that some guys have bad days where they can't get a sniff of the ball and I get that some days guys just can't be f’ed, but to avoid contact and basically avoid the ball, that's the kind of thing you see in kids footy where they don't want to get hurt.

The positives are that a) he was so bad last week its hard, though not impossible, to imagine he will be close to that bad again and b) he’s such a good set shot he only has to get off the chain a few times to make an impact

Chol was ******* useless last week, it was as sh*t a game as i've seen from a Richmond player in a long while.

I still think we are good enough to beat Brisbane even carrying Chol, but another performance like last week and he may as well be delisted let alone dropped. I can only hope he had something going on between the ears like dumped by his missus to excuse it. It was ******* pathetic. I get that some guys have bad days where they can't get a sniff of the ball and I get that some days guys just can't be f’ed, but to avoid contact and basically avoid the ball, that's the kind of thing you see in kids footy where they don't want to get hurt.

he pretty much had to play with lynch and soldo out

Agree that Chol was not great last game but we need the height so that Andrews has to make a choice between sticking with his man or going the intercept.

Right call IMO

Feel for Jack Ross - reckon he is just starting to feel like he belongs.
But no other option though....

After missing grand finals last year, and potentially again this year......i agree feel for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back