Preview 2nd Qualifying Final: Brisbane V Richmond @ Gabba, 02/10/2020 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marbs picked purely for structure. Talia had to take him last game, which freed up Jack. Good call by the MC. Love to see Cads back when fit. Competition for spots hot again.
Structure and substance
2 different things
We had a 1 key forward and 1 ruck. Won a flag
We don't have a decent second ruck. Chol.is a shiela

Caddy stiff, Chol lucky. Chol better show some mongrel, and I'm sure he knows about it. Caddy a proven finals performer. The way I see it, Chol is there to protect Nank during the finals. Nank goes down and we are in trouble. BUT - if Chol goes soft, Broad can come in as our second ruck. I won't be surprised if Harris Andrews is a late out. We have an absolute A grade midfield, faster and more experienced and a midget forward line. I trust the people behind the selections, they are cooking something up...

The 3 pronged small forwards set up has worked so well for us for a long time now. I agree sometimes George and Rioli look useless but overall they are critical to the system. Been part of so many wins.
I'm stoked that Aarts stays. Been in scintillating form. George too. And Rioli to a lesser degree. Aarts, Balta & Chol finals debut good luck.

Hope we don't lose Ross
Great player in the making.
He's an injury too away from playing finals. Graham has been in great form. As has Bolton. He's getting a game in premiership teams. 2021 should be looking to build up game numbers. Memo to RFC. Don't bring Crouch to the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would not have taken Caddy out as he is a goal-getter and we need them more now with Lynch out. But I still confident we can get the job done. Martin will hopefully drop forward and kick a bag

He's an injury too away from playing finals. Graham has been in great form. As has Bolton. He's getting a game in premiership teams. 2021 should be looking to build up game numbers. Memo to RFC. Don't bring Crouch to the club

Ross is an extractor like Crouch but Ross is much cleaner with his disposal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone will get off the leash in our forwardline. I doubt it would be Dusty as they will have made plan after plan how to try and combat him. My guess is that someone such as George actually learns how to kick straight and has a blinder. So important for us that Chol hits the packs because they will be double or even triple teaming Jack at every opportunity.

how does chol get picked ahead of caddy

theyve lost the plot
Chol offers that crucial second ruck option that we miss, but in a player that is also adept at ground level and can mark and kick in general play.

Yes he needs to attack the contest better, but I dont think he is far away from a big game, he just needs to start well and get involved early. An early mark and goal would do wonders for the rest of his match.

Someone will get off the leash in our forwardline. I doubt it would be Dusty as they will have made plan after plan how to try and combat him. My guess is that someone such as George actually learns how to kick straight and has a blinder. So important for us that Chol hits the packs because they will be double or even triple teaming Jack at every opportunity.

You cant plan for Dusty. Look at the lions backs, if they put a tall, he will kill them on the ground with speed. Put a medium or small, he will just shove them away. Try to run off him and exploit him playing forward, the likes of Lambert, or Rioli will be chasing you.

Chol needs to do these things:

- First and foremost, be physical wherever he can, don't be pushed around nor outmarked.
- At least get the ball to ground in the forward 50.
- Use his agility to run off his opponent whenever he can, especially getting out the back.
- Provide a contest down the line.
- Give Nank a chop out for 15-20% game time.

If he can be confident and have a real crack, do those things, and maybe even get a chance to go above and beyond and show us that trick bag we occasionally see, he'll be a solid player for us for tomorrow. If he manages a goal or two as well, perfect.
I reckon you could add that he needs to be a decoy for Jack as well. When the ball is coming forward he and Jack should be on opposite sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back