List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeping Ladhams, Hayes, Marshall and Georgiades is crucial to keeping our list strong to very strong for the next decade.
None of them should be on the table at all.

Can't believe the over-rating of Merrett here.
While I agree with your sentiments regarding the 4 boys you named, but Merrett is perennially underrated which is criminal.

Cox re-signed with Freo
No surprise

I’m not sure there would have been very strong interest in him from SA.

Parfitt worth having a crack at was pretty good tonight.

I don’t know. I’m completely non-fussed about him. He doesn’t get a game for us in our midfield this year and possibly not next year either. I mean spp is fighting to become a pure mid. Butters isn’t in there yet. Drew can’t even get a game.

He’s not a winger and he’s not a great inside mid. He doesn’t have a standout forward game either. He’s a medium to low-ish possession winning mid who can win some ball. He reminds me so much of Jed Anderson a few years back when everyone thought he was about to break out

Maybe parfitt will break out next year, but I don’t want to be the one to overpay geelong for the pleasure of finding out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No surprise

I’m not sure there would have been very strong interest in him from SA.

I don’t know. I’m completely non-fussed about him. He doesn’t get a game for us in our midfield this year and possibly not next year either. I mean spp is fighting to become a pure mid. Butters isn’t in there yet. Drew can’t even get a game.

He’s not a winger and he’s not a great inside mid. He doesn’t have a standout forward game either. He’s a medium to low-ish possession winning mid who can win some ball. He reminds me so much of Jed Anderson a few years back when everyone thought he was about to break out

Maybe parfitt will break out next year, but I don’t want to be the one to overpay geelong for the pleasure of finding out.
LOL...

Improvement on Farrell, Woodcock, Motlop's output for about 92% of the year.

Parfitt is a better footballer than Merritt and some on here are frothing at the thought of adding Zac...

LOL...

Improvement on Farrell, Woodcock, Motlop's output for about 92% of the year.

Parfitt is a better footballer than Merritt and some on here are frothing at the thought of adding Zac...

Parfitt isn’t remotely close to Merritt. The question marks over Merritt aren’t his ability anyway.

Also you’re arguing that parfitt is an improvement on guys that barely played this season lol. We should be well above trying to improve the 25-30 portion of our list.

As I said, parfitt may break out next year, but I don’t want to be the team that overpays geelong to find out.

A few weeks ago people were saying Crouch would instantly become our best midfielder. Boak could be a brownlow medalist in a few weeks, Wines has been exceptional the last 2 months + ahead of Crouch and if last night's final were a GF then Rocky would be a Norm Smith Medalist.
Did anyone see how SPP started the game as well???
Never wanted the flog and still don't want the flog! #injuries #badkick #flog #didimentionflog

A few weeks ago people were saying Crouch would instantly become our best midfielder. Boak could be a brownlow medalist in a few weeks, Wines has been exceptional the last 2 months + ahead of Crouch and if last night's final were a GF then Rocky would be a Norm Smith Medalist.
Did anyone see how SPP started the game as well???
Never wanted the flog and still don't want the flog! #injuries #badkick #flog #didimentionflog

boak and rocky are 30+ Crouch adds a 26/27 year old around ollie. And for free he would be an excellent inclusion. Merret id prefer, but hes not free and wouldnt want to trade with the dons!

So it looks like a 42 man list next session. This could be 38 on the main list with 4 cat A rookies through to 40 on main list and 2 cat A rookies (advantage being that rookies can play senior football but not count towards the salary cap). And a further 2 Cat B rookies rookies outside the list (Patmore and Freddricks currently Port's Cat B rookies).

Given that Atley, Grundy, Cox and Buzza have already been delisted, with Westhoff and Watts retiring that puts Port's list at 37 players (excluding B rookies) prior to the draft. Given that Jones and Taj are locks and I can see at least 1-2 more players coming from the draft (likely a project KPD), I can't any trades happening for players this year.

Any trades for a player will mean that another player would have to drop off the list (delisted or traded), but I'm not sure who Port will let go in order to bring in an A-grade player. Sutcliffe or Mayes are likely candidates to retire/be delisted but both have proven to be good depth players this season. Bonner and Lienert may become trade currency but I think think Port should keep both. Unless a left field trade requested (ie Wines), I can't see Port being a big player in this years trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back