Autopsy 2nd Elimination Final, 2020: St.Kilda v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

He's done that so smoothly on both occasions that I can't help but believe they train and coach that technique to get BS frees

Weirdly I give credit to players who have worked out how to draw or milk free kicks. The one really late where he dropped his knees and drew the push in the back was really smart (I did nearly throw the remote through the tv though)

He's done that so smoothly on both occasions that I can't help but believe they train and coach that technique to get BS frees

They definitely train milking frees.

Has to be our photo of the year

786942.jpg
wallis’ grief stricken face makes it so much better.

Has anyone posted these on the dogs board to see if they train for this?

UNBELIEVABLE - subtract 2 goals right there.

I watched them heaps this year. They get the same frees every week, it's definitely trained into them.

I get players dropping in a tackle or falling forward to try and accentuate contact for a free, but this grappling an arm and falling forward business is flat out cheating.

No wonder Wallis managed 25 goals, absolutely shameful stuff… what a filthy bunch of flogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched them heaps this year. They get the same frees every week, it's definitely trained into them.

I also have little doubt Macrae threw his back back & flopped his body when he felt contact by Long. He made the bump look high & worse than it was. And it could cost Long a finals match. What a campaigner of a bloke.

I get players dropping in a tackle or falling forward to try and accentuate contact for a free, but this grappling an arm and falling forward business is flat out cheating.

No wonder Wallis managed 25 goals, absolutely shameful stuff… what a filthy bunch of flogs.

The Hunter 50 looked like he shook himself to make it look like Long look like had assaulted him. Long was fully engaged arguing with the umpires and he's meant to have multitasked and aggressively shaken the guy he's holding. They do it as a ploy and umpires don't care.

Who’s that dogs player with the perm?
Our boys only had to go near him and he was given a free.
Mitch Wallis, 4 frees for in the match. Very dodgy effort from him, did enjoy seeing him slumped at the end when his cheating didn't get them over the line

The Hunter 50 looked like he shook himself to make it look like Long look like had assaulted him. Long was fully engaged arguing with the umpires and he's meant to have multitasked and aggressively shaken the guy he's holding. They do it as a ploy and umpires don't care.

StKilda's defence for Long should be that the Bulldogs have deliberately made things appear as hits and wrong contacts.
Video can easily be produced to show that their actions are in -general fake.
If nothing else it would generate some good publicity for the cause.

Weirdly I give credit to players who have worked out how to draw or milk free kicks. The one really late where he dropped his knees and drew the push in the back was really smart (I did nearly throw the remote through the tv though)

The issue though is that happens 15 times in a match where someone being tackled falls forward - in fact Lonie tried to draw that same free kick 3 times and got none. Then they decide to actually pay it in the last quarter with game in the balance? defies logic.

Doggies board has put up Coff as the spud they make look good for the match... little do they know it’s just the first of many great displays as clubs under estimate the kid.

That’s ok - he’s the “spud” who took about 4 contested marks at the death to knock them out the finals. 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back