List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nev linked to Collingwood :(
If he can get a couple more years in his career I'd love for him to do that. He has always been so selfless throughout his career, if he's not going to play anymore for us, get a couple years and make as much cash as he can. Still not really sure why they want him though? he's pretty cooked.

If we want to keep Jones in this pseudo coaching role why can't we do the same for Nev? He is also contracted for next year.
I could see Nev working at the AFL in a indigenous ambassador or community based role. The stuff he does is incredible. Not sure if he's really coaching material.

Port play Rockliff, Boak, Wines, Powel-Pepper, even Houston runs through the middle who's a decent contested player.

They make it work becuase their outside players are 5x better than ours: Rozee, Amon, Butters, Byrne-Jones, Burton, Duursma, Gray etc

The problem isn't Viney, Trac, Oliver, Braysh...it's we often play AVB, Sparrow, Harmes, Jones as outside players when they're clearly contested players first and foremost. If we replaced them with genuinely skilled, quick/nimble players who know where to run and how to use space then we'll be much, much better.

Isaac Smith onto a wing is a good start. AVB can then play off the bench as a rotation in the middle/half forward line. If Baker, Hannan or even Rivers could become consistent outside role players that play B and B+ games on occasion with spurts in the middle our inside players will look much better. I have little faith in us developing outside players though when ConTeStEd PoSsEsSiOnS seems to be the only focus.

Replacing AVB with Smith would instantly be a huge upgrade. A winger AVB is not.

Plus don't forget that Marty Hore can probably slot straight into the back 6, potentially releasing Rivers or Salem further up the ground. That will be a win for us too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we are still discussing an Oliver trade?

Couldn't see how Carlton could possibly satisfy us with picks especially after Dodoro milks them for Saad.

Oliver will be in Red and Blue next year.

that has more to do with the gameplan than the fact the are/aren't inside players
Game plan and coaching are the main contributing factors to our contested numbers we had AVB on a wing at times this year, team plays as it’s been coached to. Trading a 23 year old AA and b&F winner would seem to be a strange way to remedy that

Couldn't see how Carlton could possibly satisfy us with picks especially after Dodoro milks them for Saad.

It's all just Carlton being greedy idiots. It's impossible to get Oliver, Williams and Saad on big money + high draft pick for Saad. Keep Cripps, Walsh, McKay, Curnow, De Koning. If Clarry was unhappy, he would be better off putting his head down bum up and having another AA year and win our B&F. Then get a mega contract from us and stay a demon for life.

It's all just Carlton being greedy idiots. It's impossible to get Oliver, Williams and Saad on big money + high draft pick for Saad. Keep Cripps, Walsh, McKay, Curnow, De Koning. If Clarry was unhappy, he would be better off putting his head down bum up and having another AA year and win our B&F. Then get a mega contract from us and stay a demon for life.
could only happen if Cripps left to go back to WA with his woman

Never leaving. Carlton asked the questions about 3 weeks back (I posted it in here somewhere) and the convo quickly ceased. Carlton might still be keeping in touch with Oliver’s management but they have been for 3 years.
I went over to the trade board to see how the blues fans were going to trade him in. Best trade I saw was a second round pick and Paddy Dow. That’s gotta tell you something.

Mate, go to bed, you're drunk

It's not hard to understand the link between indigenous players and what that might mean for a shy kid like Kozzie who has moved to Melbourne
Kozzie went to a private school in Adelaide you moron, stop assuming just because hes black he's some shy kid from the bush who needs adult mentors.

I could see Nev working at the AFL in a indigenous ambassador or community based role. The stuff he does is incredible. Not sure if he's really coaching material.
He's a pretty smart defender and well spoken. Could be an ok coach, but who really knows.
Pies already have Maynard who's a younger, better version of Nev. Not sure a lockdown back pocket who's over 30 is what their list needs right now.

Mate, go to bed, you're drunk

It's not hard to understand the link between indigenous players and what that might mean for a shy kid like Kozzie who has moved to Melbourne
So it is impossible for an indigenous kid who went to a private school to be mentored by a non indigenous person?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back