Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to finally win one. It's taken long enough.

But I don't think the accomplishment tonight instantly invalidates any and all previous criticism directed at him or his group. No denying the effort this year to make it to a grand final. It's been tremendous by the group and they look a lot better developed and polished now. But I won't be drawn into these discussions now any more than that, certainly no by a poster such as yourself.

plenty of quotes from you. Actually endless barrage of them stating how Scott can’t take this group to a grand final and that next step. Nothing more to say really than you have gotten it wrong on every level.

would you like me to dig a few of them up? They would make quite the embarrassment of a quote right now

LOL its quite funny watching him run around pretending he is knowledgable when he has been constantly wrong for 8 years lol.. Our issues with Scott has been his stubbornness to adapt the game plan and play attacking football. As I said multiple times it looks like he might have finally clicked - Blicavs was very direct in his comment about the different message the group got from Scott vs previous finals. It's simply a matter of learning from mistakes which he was not doing previously - it looks like this year it might have finally happened. I have been extremely positive about our chances this year because it looked to me like there had been a change in attitude and coaching - my opinion has been proven correct (although one game left). I could not believe I was having to try convince many of you why we were a very good chance to go all the way this year and why we would smash Brisbane.

I e gotten it right. I said all along he is a top coach, one of the best in the AFL and I was right. People like you said all year long we would fold come finals... the “pressure” would get to us of finals... we are now into a grand final on the back of two finals beltings.

wrong wrong, and time for a good serve of humble pie.

Was 10 years ago to the day that Chris Scott was announced as Bomber's replacement.

Kudos to Chris Scott. In the last two weeks (excluding the pies second half where we were clearly conserving energy) he has clearly made the change to the game plan many have been asking for and is encouraging more fast hand ball and moving the ball foward at risk when in doubt rather then going the defensive option first.

Kudos to Chris Scott. In the last two weeks (excluding the pies second half where we were clearly conserving energy) he has clearly made the change to the game plan many have been asking for and is encouraging more fast hand ball and moving the ball foward at risk when in doubt rather then going the defensive option first.

Credit where it is due. Scott and the team have performed well the last two weeks.

Let's enjoy Grand Final week and hope the team puts in their best possible performance next Saturday.

Blicavs just said something extremely important when asked what the message was from Scott at half time. Scott told the boys to take the game on and be positive - why? Because they learnt from being passive/defensive against Richmond last year in the prelim after half time. EXACTLY what I and others have been screaming for years. It might have finally clicked boys - as I said this is our best chance yet for a premiership. Would have preferred Port but Richmond will make it all the more sweeter if we can keep the ball off the ground.
What a pathetic double down, you have no way of being wrong do you, if we lose it's on Scott and if we win it's because Scott finally does what you claim to have been asking for....
You see you seem to have taken the Blicavs comment and turned it into Scott instructing the players to play passive after half time in last years prelim but that's not what Blicavs was saying, he was saying that Scott wanted to empathize that they still need to take the game on and not play passive like they did in last years prelim after half time. There is a difference, Scott was addressing how his players responded to being up at half time last year, not something he instructed.

It's funny because it's quite clear he is one of the most respected coaches in the industry and yet nuffies on here have done nothing but slam him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Scott keeps the beard going forward

In an ideal world we would have one thread for Chris Scott and another for the beard.

What a pathetic double down, you have no way of being wrong do you, if we lose it's on Scott and if we win it's because Scott finally does what you claim to have been asking for....
You see you seem to have taken the Blicavs comment and turned it into Scott instructing the players to play passive after half time in last years prelim but that's not what Blicavs was saying, he was saying that Scott wanted to empathize that they still need to take the game on and not play passive like they did in last years prelim after half time. There is a difference, Scott was addressing how his players responded to being up at half time last year, not something he instructed.

It's funny because it's quite clear he is one of the most respected coaches in the industry and yet nuffies on here have done nothing but slam him.
LOL WTF - his quote was very clear my friend. Think what you want - I've called it correct. I have nothing against Scott - I just wanted him to adjust our tactics to suit finals because the team is not capable of defensive/passive football as shown by our constant finals failures. We play best when we take the game on and play aggressive. It's very simple - we also play the Gabba very well so as I said multiple times this is our best chance of going all the way. It really depends on if we can keep the ball off the ground against the Richmond rats. I personally think getting out of Geelong and getting high levels of vitamin D has been great for the coaches and playing group. It was likely the catalyst for us taking the next step and accepting a game style that suits us best. Some teams went to s**t - ours went to another level. I've never seen Scott so sun-tanned either - its done wonders for his coaching and looks.

LOL WTF - his quote was very clear my friend. Think what you want - I've called it correct. I have nothing against Scott - I just wanted him to adjust our tactics to suit finals because the team is not capable of defensive/passive football as shown by our constant finals failures. We play best when we take the game on and play aggressive. It's very simple - we also play the Gabba very well so as I said multiple times this is our best chance of going all the way. It really depends on if we can keep the ball off the ground against the Richmond rats. I personally think getting out of Geelong and getting high levels of vitamin D has been great for the coaches and playing group. It was likely the catalyst for us taking the next step and accepting a game style that suits us best. Some teams went to sh*t - ours went to another level. I've never seen Scott so sun-tanned either - its done wonders for his coaching and looks.

His quote was clear but your interpretation of it doesn't seem to be.

Well, Scotty has redeemed himself this year. I thought he made some very dumb decisions last season and had wiped him off. But he has proven us all wrong this season, IMO. I hope he can go one more and get his second flag as Geelong's coach.

Well, Scotty has redeemed himself this year. I thought he made some very dumb decisions last season and had wiped him off. But he has proven us all wrong this season, IMO. I hope he can go one more and get his second flag as Geelong's coach.
Its the sunshine of the Gold Coast - never seen him looking healthier.

In an ideal world we would have one thread for Chris Scott and another for the beard.
For the offseason, I think the Chris Scott thread should only be about the beard

Lol you're delusional buddy. I was the one convincing you and geelongcrazy why we would smash Brisbane and you kept arguing with me telling me why Brisbane were the better team...
Geez mate, you’re coppin a hiding in here.

Another who got it wrong all year. Scott can coach us in finals and his game plan standed up in finals heat. With his own game plan he came up with, which you have told us all year he wasn’t capable of doing.

thibk you need a visit to the i was wrong thread for a scott apology

Another who got it wrong all year. Scott can coach us in finals and his game plan standed up in finals heat. With his own game plan he came up with, which you have told us all year he wasn’t capable of doing.

thibk you need a visit to the i was wrong thread for a scott apology
Got nothing wrong. Its seems like Scott has realised his key mistakes and is now playing the way we have been asking them to play. Im the one that says we have one of the best lists in the game. You are the one who constantly down plays the list. Now we are playing a more conventional game plan we are dominating. You are the one who got the list and scotts game plan wrong.

if we adopt the same fast and more direct ball movement of the past two weeks we could very easily smash richmond. The only thing i still worry about is our contested marking up foward. danger, rohan and hawkins were all good last night but none of them did much in the contested marking stakes. We need them to have their sticky fingers on and to pluck some.

He's genuinely coached fantastically all year, I can't remember any MC moves that were particularly poor or decisions that didn't work out.
Deserves a second flag.
His best coaching year I think. And has done media street well too. Not as combative.

Got nothing wrong. Its seems like Scott has realised his key mistakes and is now playing the way we have been asking them to play. Im the one that says we have one of the best lists in the game. You are the one who constantly down plays the list. Now we are playing a more conventional game plan we are dominating. You are the one who got the list and scotts game plan wrong.

if we adopt the same fast and more direct ball movement of the past two weeks we could very easily smash richmond. The only thing i still worry about is our contested marking up foward. danger, rohan and hawkins were all good last night but none of them did much in the contested marking stakes. We need them to have their sticky fingers on and to pluck some.

you said Scott couldn’t coach us to another grand final and his game plans will come unstuck in finals pressure. His game plan has gotten us into a grand final. Couldn’t be more wrong with your call on scotts ability to coach us into finals.

yes Scott changed the way we play this year, it’s called being a good coach and adapting his style. Something you claimed he wasn’t good enough to do and got wrong.

let’s be clear you never said if Scott changed this he will coach us to a grand final. You said he isn’t up to it and can’t take us there.

big serve of humble pie here. Please go visit the i was wrong thread seeds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back