Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

BTW lets not jerk each other off too hard yet - the big game is coming up. I'm hopeful that based on what Blicavs said we will approach the game from an attacking angle and put ourselves in with a really good shot at winning it. Just have to keep the ball in the air to stop the Richmond rats.

Blicavs just said something extremely important when asked what the message was from Scott at half time. Scott told the boys to take the game on and be positive - why? Because they learnt from being passive/defensive against Richmond last year in the prelim after half time. EXACTLY what I and others have been screaming for years. It might have finally clicked boys - as I said this is our best chance yet for a premiership. Would have preferred Port but Richmond will make it all the more sweeter if we can keep the ball off the ground.

you my good sir have been proven wrong. Been telling us for years Scott can’t coach us to another grand final.

got it wrong. Scott can coach finals, his coaching a grand final next Saturday.

BTW lets not jerk each other off too hard yet - the big game is coming up. I'm hopeful that based on what Blicavs said we will approach the game from an attacking angle and put ourselves in with a really good shot at winning it. Just have to keep the ball in the air to stop the Richmond rats.
Hey turncoat, very happy to see that you are now a Scott supporter.

you my good sir have been proven wrong. Been telling us for years Scott can’t coach us to another grand final.

got it wrong. Scott can coach finals, his coaching a grand final next Saturday.
You must have trouble reading - I have been more positive than pretty much anyone in this thread about our chances this year.. Go read my posts - I was having to convince you and a few others why we would smash Brisbane and why this was our best chance to win the Premiership. The only part I got wrong was I thought Port would take out Richmond (it was more hopeful than anything because Richmond will push us harder).

We will use scotts game plan that put us into the grand final. brilliant coaching

Hey turncoat, very happy to see that you are now a Scott supporter.
I'm a Geelong supporter - my and others frustrations have been with key coaching decisions in finals that have caused us to fall short. I have always believed the TEAM has been good enough to win premierships - hence my anger when we kept flopping in big finals games. Blicavs confirmed my belief directly when he spoke about the instructions from Scott being positive/attacking vs what he told them last year vs Richmond which was passive/defensive. It shows that Scott and the coaches are learning from their mistakes and making changes - the one thing I and others have been screaming for him to do for years.

<sarcasticafont>But...but but... Scott only got this team to a Grand Final because of Bomber Thompson.<sarcasticafont/>

BTW lets not jerk each other off too hard yet - the big game is coming up. I'm hopeful that based on what Blicavs said we will approach the game from an attacking angle and put ourselves in with a really good shot at winning it. Just have to keep the ball in the air to stop the Richmond r
Hoping that the players don't celebrate this too hard as well. After so many failed finals campaigns, this would feel huge to them as it does all of us. But hopefully the high quickly dissipates and they can re-focus. Richmond are coming into their third GF. They're the experienced side here and will be confident in their preparation. Really up to guys like Selwood, Taylor, Hawkins and Ablett to steady the group.

You must have trouble reading - I have been more positive than pretty much anyone in this thread about our chances this year.. Go read my posts - I was having to convince you and a few others why we would smash Brisbane and why this was our best chance to win the Premiership. The only part I got wrong was I thought Port would take out Richmond (it was more hopeful than anything because Richmond will push us harder).

You have been telling us for years he can’t coach us in finals and will choke again so “no point being around the mark”... couldn’t have gotten it more wrong.

not interested in you pooping your pants the past week trying to cover yourself if we win. Bit of a gutless take actually and a huge backflip on your years of telling us he can’t do the job.

some humble pie sir.

How’s the Mensa group going? You and your mates still think you know better than Chris Scott and his coaching team? 🤣🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a Geelong supporter - my and others frustrations have been with key coaching decisions in finals that have caused us to fall short. I have always believed the TEAM has been good enough to win premierships - hence my anger when we kept flopping in big finals games. Blicavs confirmed my belief directly when he spoke about the instructions from Scott being positive/attacking vs what he told them last year vs Richmond which was passive/defensive. It shows that Scott and the coaches are learning from their mistakes and making changes - the one thing I and others have been screaming for him to do for years.
Yeah nah, you’re a turncoat and forever labelled as such. We all know it. Keep convincing yourself though...

brilliant coaching this finals series. Two massive beltings to walk into the GF.

denied Brisbane the corridor usage with his defensive tactics and forced them long and wide.

His tactics were brilliant and deserves a lot of credit for that performance.

if he wins this one he goes past bomber for mine. both two flags but much better sustained record over a period of time
Yeah he's done faaarken good this year. Not gonna get in a fight over Bomber tonight or anything. (Save that for more boring times)
But gotta enjoy this week no matter what happens. Always love GF week.
Good job by Scott. Good for you too. I like your positivity

Hoping that the players don't celebrate this too hard as well. After so many failed finals campaigns, this would feel huge to them as it does all of us. But hopefully the high quickly dissipates and they can re-focus. Richmond are coming into their third GF. They're the experienced side here and will be confident in their preparation. Really up to guys like Selwood, Taylor, Hawkins and Ablett to steady the group.

so what’s your opinion of scotts coaching?? Told us he wouldn’t coach us to another grand final.

for sure you are wrong sir.

“Scotts game plan won’t hold up come finals pressure”.

never been a more wrong bloke on this board all year than your good self.

big serve of humble pie here

Yeah he's done faaarken good this year. Not gonna get in a fight over Bomber tonight or anything. (Save that for more boring times)
But gotta enjoy this week no matter what happens. Always love GF week.
Good job by Scott. Good for you too. I like your positivity

hah nah no fights not interested too happy. Lots of respect to you, there are some people who have a giant 9 iron up their ass and would rather cry and run off than admit they are wrong. You are in here giving him credit where it’s due and calling it for what it is, a great coaching job.

much respect to you

so what’s your opinion of scotts coaching?? Told us he wouldn’t coach us to another grand final.

for sure you are wrong sir.

“Scotts game plan won’t hold up come finals pressure”.

never been a more wrong bloke on this board all year than your good self.

big serve of humble pie here
Good to finally win one. It's taken long enough.

But I don't think the accomplishment tonight instantly invalidates any and all previous criticism directed at him or his group. No denying the effort this year to make it to a grand final. It's been tremendous by the group and they look a lot better developed and polished now. But I won't be drawn into these discussions now any more than that, certainly no by a poster such as yourself.

Good to finally win one. It's taken long enough.

But I don't think the accomplishment tonight instantly invalidates any and all previous criticism directed at him or his group. No denying the effort this year to make it to a grand final. It's been tremendous by the group and they look a lot better developed and polished now. But I won't be drawn into these discussions now any more than that, certainly no by a poster such as yourself.
LOL its quite funny watching him run around pretending he is knowledgable when he has been constantly wrong for 8 years lol.. Our issues with Scott has been his stubbornness to adapt the game plan and play attacking football. As I said multiple times it looks like he might have finally clicked - Blicavs was very direct in his comment about the different message the group got from Scott vs previous finals. It's simply a matter of learning from mistakes which he was not doing previously - it looks like this year it might have finally happened. I have been extremely positive about our chances this year because it looked to me like there had been a change in attitude and coaching - my opinion has been proven correct (although one game left). I could not believe I was having to try convince many of you why we were a very good chance to go all the way this year and why we would smash Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back