Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

he reminds me of blighty cats. Recall he used to say equally stupid dilusional things
Yeah, the old dumb reverse psychology where he tries to talk the Cats up while undermining them and then uses same language where he oscillates between calling people stupid and then ‘my friend’s.

It looks dumber and dumber and feels like talking a brick wall. There is zero benefit or insight being provided. I suspect that the mods will bounce him.

It’s not some “effort” nonsense, just teams executing the their game plan better or worse.
I guess if that were true then finals would be no different than home and away games.
As we have discovered in recent times that isn't the case.
Difficult to quantify I know, but if it were then many our of failures in finals have been poor execution of game plan. The 'heat' I was referring to is what breaks that down.
All the more reason, I suppose to have a type of game plan that can stand up to finals type football.

I guess if that were true then finals would be no different than home and away games.
As we have discovered in recent times that isn't the case.
Difficult to quantify I know, but if it were then many our of failures in finals have been poor execution of game plan. The 'heat' I was referring to is what breaks that down.
All the more reason, I suppose to have a type of game plan that can stand up to finals type football.

by the way it’s not just a “Chris Scott” comment either which instantly gets people on here brooding like Donald trump haters style, but it’s also a comment echoed by alistair clarkson who doesn’t believe in “effort” and has called it a media thing to blame a loss. I’m not going to sit here and pretend I know more than clarkson and Scott.

it’s still up to the players to execute the game plan correctly, so obviously there is player execution and how well they execute is determinant of them. But I highly doubt any professional AFL footballer ever goes out to play a game of football and “not try” or “not put in effort”.. it’s very much an amateur local football level mentality because none of those clubs are actually strategically coached and players basically do what they want.

I guess depending how you look at it you can say well that’s effort because they have to put more attention and focus into quality execution, or you can just call it properly executing the plan. Effort is a very broad up for interpretaction word regardless isn’t it?? But I know both Scott and clarkson hate the word effort and in particular the 4 time coach clarkson.

by the way it’s not just a “Chris Scott” comment either which instantly gets people on here brooding like Donald trump haters style, but it’s also a comment echoed by alistair clarkson who doesn’t believe in “effort” and has called it a media thing to blame a loss. I’m not going to sit here and pretend I know more than clarkson and Scott.

it’s still up to the players to execute the game plan correctly, so obviously there is player execution and how well they execute is determinant of them. But I highly doubt any professional AFL footballer ever goes out to play a game of football and “not try” or “not put in effort”.. it’s very much an amateur local football level mentality because none of those clubs are actually strategically coached and players basically do what they want.

I guess depending how you look at it you can say well that’s effort because they have to put more attention and focus into quality execution, or you can just call it properly executing the plan. Effort is a very broad up for interpretaction word regardless isn’t it?? But I know both Scott and clarkson hate the word effort and in particular the 4 time coach clarkson.
Effort is real, I don't care what they say.
Certainly does not apply to finals (unless a team is 10 goals down)
But I've seen a lack of it plenty in H&A games from many teams including Clarksons own team just this year.
It's human nature and even Scott or Clarkson can't control that. No matter what your getting paid, if your not feeling it your just not feeling it.

You lost all credit when you said Scott is a better coach than Thompson lol.. We all know who is wearing clown makeup - you would be living on the street if you actually put money where your mouth is. Anyway - cats should win by 20+ points if we kick straight and Scott doesn't force the boys to play defensive s**t. I'll leave all you negative nancies to talk down our own team and tell us why they will lose but at the same time suggest Scott is a genius lol.. Go Cats ! Think the premiership is ours this year if Port knocks over Richmond.

Effort is real, I don't care what they say.
Certainly does not apply to finals (unless a team is 10 goals down)
But I've seen a lack of it plenty in H&A games from many teams including Clarksons own team just this year.
It's human nature and even Scott or Clarkson can't control that. No matter what your getting paid, if your not feeling it your just not feeling it.

your opinion that’s fine. Nothing more to add I already said my opinion. Mine is along the same lines of clarksons and scotts on the matter

your opinion that’s fine. Nothing more to add I already said my opinion. Mine is along the same lines of clarksons and scotts on the matter
Let's not mix up 'bringing heat' with effort. Heat is pressure around the ball. Part of a game plan if you like.
Some teams like Richmond have built a dynasty around basically that.

You lost all credit when you said Scott is a better coach than Thompson lol.. We all know who is wearing clown makeup - you would be living on the street if you actually put money where your mouth is. Anyway - cats should win by 20+ points if we kick straight and Scott doesn't force the boys to play defensive sh*t. I'll leave all you negative nancies to talk down our own team and tell us why they will lose but at the same time suggest Scott is a genius lol.. Go Cats ! Think the premiership is ours this year if Port knocks over Richmond.

Why does that lack credibility? Because one has two flags and one has one?

John Worsfold has more flags than Chris Fagan. I know who the better coach is and it isn’t worsfold.

You can debate it all you want and probably come up with some accurate and compelling reasons why Thompson is a better coach.

But even if you did the gap wouldn’t be so big that someone arguing to the contrary would have no credibility

Why does that lack credibility? Because one has two flags and one has one?

John Worsfold has more flags than Chris Fagan. I know who the better coach is and it isn’t worsfold.

You can debate it all you want and probably come up with some accurate and compelling reasons why Thompson is a better coach.

But even if you did the gap wouldn’t be so big that someone arguing to the contrary would have no credibility
The fact you think it is even a debate is a bit scary... Thompson built his team from scratch - literally. His game plan changed the way football was played - every team ended up copying us. Go watch some prime 2007 Geelong games - we were literally on another level - it was not even close we were so much better. Sorry my friend but it's not even worthy of a discussion. 2 Flags with a team he literally built > 1 flag with a team Scott inherited in his FIRST YEAR and since has never been able to repeat that success (until this year).

The fact you think it is even a debate is a bit scary... Thompson built his team from scratch - literally. His game plan changed the way football was played - every team ended up copying us. Go watch some prime 2007 Geelong games - we were literally on another level - it was not even close we were so much better. Sorry my friend but it's not even worthy of a discussion. 2 Flags with a team he literally built > 1 flag with a team Scott inherited in his FIRST YEAR and since has never been able to repeat that success (until this year).

I’m sorry who built the team Scott has now?

And while I will be grateful to Thompson forever for getting us to finally break the drought and play the sort of football we were capable of, he had the best player of the millennium, the best fullback in history, arguably the best half-back flanker in history, possibly the best hybrid mid-forward of the century (Johnson) and maybe the best big game player in our club’s history. Oh, and potentially the best first year player since the draft came into existence.

He was a good coach but even a mediocre one could have found SOME success with the players at his disposal.

And just a heads up, saying phrases like ‘my friend’ to make it sound like your argument is stronger than it actually is, doesn’t work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And while I will be grateful to Thompson forever for getting us to finally break the drought and play the sort of football we were capable of, he had the best player of the millennium, the best fullback in history, arguably the best half-back flanker in history, possibly the best hybrid mid-forward of the century (Johnson) and maybe the best big game player in our club’s history. Oh, and potentially the best first year player since the draft came into existence.

He was a good coach but even a mediocre one could have found SOME success with the players at his disposal.

And just a heads up, saying phrases like ‘my friend’ to make it sound like your argument is stronger than it actually is, doesn’t work.
The team Scott has built hasn't achieved anything except get blown out in finals lol... The fact you still think it is an argument is actually hilarious and on geelongcrazy level of delusional. Scotts time is running out to show he can do it - hopefully this year is when he finally gets it right. I have a feeling you and geelongcrazy might be related to the Scotts... or Thompson did something bad to both of you.. Either way no argument. Thompson > Scott.

The team Scott has built hasn't achieved anything except get blown out in finals lol... The fact you still think it is an argument is actually hilarious and on geelongcrazy level of delusional. Scotts time is running out to show he can do it - hopefully this year is when he finally gets it right. I have a feeling you and geelongcrazy might be related to the Scotts... or Thompson did something bad to both of you.. Either way no argument. Thompson > Scott.

So what? It’s got a hell of a lot less top end pedigree than Thompson’s teams did either. He has a better key forward. That’s it. That’s the lone upgrade Scott has on what Thompson did.

I’ve got to be related to the Scott’s to think that a premiership coach with the highest winning percentage in the sport’s history, a premiership, and 7 top four finishes in 10 years in an era when we have been permanently bleeding elite players, is at least worthy of comparison to his predecessor.

Yeah.

Classic.

You lost all credit when you said Scott is a better coach than Thompson lol.. We all know who is wearing clown makeup - you would be living on the street if you actually put money where your mouth is. Anyway - cats should win by 20+ points if we kick straight and Scott doesn't force the boys to play defensive sh*t. I'll leave all you negative nancies to talk down our own team and tell us why they will lose but at the same time suggest Scott is a genius lol.. Go Cats ! Think the premiership is ours this year if Port knocks over Richmond.

lol what on earth are you going on about?? You keep quoting my quotes and going on about all this stuff not even related to my posts. Your not very subtle about being a troll. At least try and make your efforts realistic and not come across ridiculous, your just getting laughed at.

you do realize he is a troll yeah?? He isn’t legitimate. Just take him with a grain of salt.

So what? It’s got a hell of a lot less top end pedigree than Thompson’s teams did either. He has a better key forward. That’s it. That’s the lone upgrade Scott has on what Thompson did.

I’ve got to be related to the Scott’s to think that a premiership coach with the highest winning percentage in the sport’s history, a premiership, and 7 top four finishes in 10 years in an era when we have been permanently bleeding elite players, is at least worthy of comparison to his predecessor.

Yeah.

Classic.

didnt you get the blueprint?? If you want to have the greatest winning percentage in the history of VFL/AFL coaching its a simplistic recipe With two steps. Step 1; take over an old ageing list as coach that got belted in a prelim that lost its star player and coach them to a flag your first year, just understand the laws dictate this isn’t actually your flag, it’s the guys flag who quit the previous year who couldn’t win it then. Step 2.Just go out and recruit some recycled players and you will finish top four every year guaranteed. Get the word out.
It’s the geelong Bigfooty blueprint Titled “ how to be a premiership coach with the highest win percentage of all time and be a s**t coach”

Last edited:

He was a good coach but even a mediocre one could have found SOME success with the players at his disposal

I don't want to get dragged into this gc_26 "troll-fest" but the highlighted comment above really is poor and actually contradicts your own argument for Scott. It basically suggests that in 2011 Scott may have been a mediocre coach since he had those same players at his disposal.

Can't wait to hear why that's not what it meant.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't want to get dragged into this gc_crazy "troll-fest" but the highlighted comment above really is poor and actually contradicts your own argument for Scott. It basically suggests that in 2011 Scott may have been a mediocre coach since he had those same players at his disposal.

It's so f**ked what's happened ay?
We don't even go for the Geelong Footy Club anymore.
It's all about the coach and undermining the previous coach to support this one or vice versa.
Who on Earth was saying in 2003 any campaigner could coach these players to a flag?
They're that good?
Obviously not Scott's fault at all (before words get put in my mouth) but it's just f**ked.

I don't want to get dragged into this gc_crazy "troll-fest" but the highlighted comment above really is poor and actually contradicts your own argument for Scott. It basically suggests that in 2011 Scott may have been a mediocre coach since he had those same players at his disposal.

I stand by it. Given the players Thompson had at his disposal for, with the exception of Selwood, 7 seasons from 2004-2010, a mediocre coach would have achieved SOMETHING. Maybe not flags, maybe not the incredible win-loss record we had, but SOMETHING. My point is it's not as though Thompson took 22 cast-offs and misfits that no-one wanted, forged them Mighty Ducks style into this greater-than-the-sum-of-its-parts Sydney Swans-style unit.

It's so f**ked what's happened ay?
We don't even go for the Geelong Footy Club anymore.
It's all about the coach and undermining the previous coach to support this one or vice versa.
Who on Earth was saying in 2003 any campaigner could coach these players to a flag?
They're that good?
Obviously not Scott's fault at all (before words get put in my mouth) but it's just f**ked.
Plenty still do. It's just a few obsessive whack jobs who do otherwise, and the zoo here is a safe enough place to contain them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back