Certified Legendary Thread 2 x Premiership Coach Chris Scott contracted to 2026 (aka the Chris Scott volumes

Remove this Banner Ad

Why on earth is there any pessimism after last night?
We know there will be anger next week if we get done, and the same pathetic comments about not keeping it simple, not learning about previous losses, will abound, but prelims against an opposition at THEIR home are very hard to win, and the Lions have hardly put a foot wrong since we showed them up for contested footy.
We should not be favourites, and it is 2 v 4.
I think we are in a great position, and just hope that Stanley is indeed right to go- he is critical for us, and just saying that is a concern, because he is so injury-prone.
Clearly, CS has shown yet again that he and his panel can get this team up.
Do we have another week or 2 left in us?
LOL at talking us down already - we blew Brisbane off the park at the Gabba this year already... There is no reason we should not do the same if we approach the game with the same positive mentality and not defensive chip backwards bullshit. "We should be favourites" lol talk about a losers mentality. Hopefully the team doesn't approach the game the same.

LOL at talking us down already - we blew Brisbane off the park at the Gabba this year already... There is no reason we should not do the same if we approach the game with the same positive mentality and not defensive chip backwards bullshit. "We should be favourites" lol talk about a losers mentality. Hopefully the team doesn't approach the game the same.
It was in Sydney. Just a tip, you definitely need to watch the games before you comment on them.

It was in Sydney. Just a tip, you definitely need to watch the games before you comment on them.
We play the Gabba better than SCG - you would know this if you have watched our games this year my friend. Delusional lol. Look at the average winning margin against some very good teams (Hint Hint Port Adelaide). I'm not interested in your excuses/loser mentality.

Round 10Wed 5 Aug 5:40pmKangaroosGabba
Win 90-57
33​
C. Guthrie 29G. Miers 4
Round 11Mon 10 Aug 6:10pmSaintsGabba
Win 93-34
59​
S. Menegola 26T. Hawkins 5
Round 12Fri 14 Aug 7:50pmPowerGabba
Win 91-31
60​
C. Guthrie 27T. Hawkins 6
Round 16Sun 6 Sep 3:35pmBombersGabba
Win 108-42
66​
S. Menegola 30T. Hawkins 4
Semi FinalSat 10 Oct 6:40pmMagpiesGabba
Win 100-32
68​
M. Duncan 30T. Hawkins 4
P. Dangerfield 4

We play the Gabba better than SCG - you would know this if you have watched our games this year my friend. Delusional lol. Look at the average winning margin against some very good teams (Hint Hint Port Adelaide). I'm not interested in your excuses/loser mentality.

Win 90-57
33​
C. Guthrie 29G. Miers 4
Win 93-34
59​
Win 91-31
60​
Win 108-42
66​
Win 100-32
68​
M. Duncan 30T. Hawkins 4
P. Dangerfield 4

It’s really good that you’ve now accepted that Chris Scott is an excellent coach. You’re a bandwagoner, but we’ll accept you.

Win 90-57
33​
C. Guthrie 29G. Miers 4
Win 93-34
59​
Win 91-31
60​
Win 108-42
66​
Win 100-32
68​
M. Duncan 30T. Hawkins 4
P. Dangerfield 4

Yeah see the thing is, I would place a small amount of faith in the belief that Brisbane also play the Gabba better than they do the SCG as well.

When Dangerfield tackled Madjen and won his free, one the commentators said - “the tv view doesn’t show it, but the Cats defensive press has given the pies no options to kick it to”.

Essentially, On the camera we see Rohan, Miers and Danger running around like madmen, but what we don’t see is how the mids and defence (coached, taught, drilled and trained by the coaching team) are in positions (a zone) that reduce all options on the field for the kicker. This in turn makes it more predictable for our team where the outlet kick would be and either halve or win the contest or knock or out of bounds.

We see the reverse happens when we bring the ball from defence. Leads are made, players move into positions that allow the opposition zone to be picked apart or spread and then ultimately break down.

Luckily, because we were so clinical last night, we got to see how our team operates in multiple almost perfect execution scenarios.

It is not possible for our players - or any teams players really- to play this way - in harmony and synergy- without being coached, trained or drilled. They don’t just suddenly decide to do something different in a final because they may as well try it. When we win, we see the team execute the coaching that they’ve had effectively.

this is one of the best posts I have seen and a person with a good footy brain would notice these things. Will reply properly later but love love this

Last edited:

lol what a stupid post. None of the finals have gone as according to the home and away season...

brisbane got smashed earlier by Richmond in HA, Brisbane beat them in finals, west coast smashed collingwood in HA Then lost to them in finals, St kilda smashed Richmond but lost in finals easily too Richmond, we beat port easily and lost to them in finals, collingwood beat us in HA then we smashed them in finals....

Literally not a single same result.. 100% reversal. Get a bit of a clue what your posting.

HA results mean absolutely nothing in terms of finals outcomes.

Yeah see the thing is, I would place a small amount of faith in the belief that Brisbane also play the Gabba better than they do the SCG as well.
We have a bigger winning margin compared to Brisbanes same opponents at the Gabba this year (St Kilda and Collingwood). No reason to not take them out - they are way too inexperienced to be knocking us out.

We have a bigger winning margin compared to Brisbanes same opponents at the Gabba this year (St Kilda and Collingwood). No reason to not take them out - they are way too inexperienced to be knocking us out.

So if Hawthorn were parachuted into the finals you’d expect them to knock Brisbane out - because experience is way more important than skill right?

So if Hawthorn were parachuted into the finals you’d expect them to knock Brisbane out - because experience is way more important than skill right?
Lol Hawthorn?? No idea WTF you are talking about.. Hawthorn didn't even make finals last year... This team has recent finals experience - no excuses. Time to bite the bullet guys and accept it's ours to lose. I know it would hurt to lose another final but having low expectations is a weak way out.

Lol Hawthorn?? No idea WTF you are talking about.. Hawthorn didn't even make finals last year... This team has recent finals experience - no excuses. Time to bite the bullet guys and accept it's ours to lose. I know it would hurt to lose another final but having low expectations is a weak way out.

REALLY? They didn't? WOW I didn't know that..... I guess I'm a little out of my league here.....

The point is genius, if experience was all that mattered no one new would ever win a thing. How the hell did Richmond win the comp in 2017? They hadn't won a final since 3 years before Gary Ablett Jr was conceived.

It's not low expectations, I think we are a 50-50 chance to win, but I sure as s**t don't think we SHOULD beat a very very good side, on their home turf simply because we are more experienced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point is genius, its not JUST about experience but it does add the pendulum in our favour. I can't believe I'm having to argue with our own supporters about our chances of winning lol.. Usually I'm the negative one.. Crazy times! As I said this year is our best chance to take it - I actually think we are in with a big chance.. BUT I know that even if we win opposition supporters will put an asterisk next to it because of covid etc It will create the perfect story line for debate on Chris Scott and his standing in the game.

About what chances? We are playing the team who finished second - for the second year in a row I might add - and 'experience' counts for little if a lot of those experienced players are beyond their best football. We have a chance, yes. We are experienced, we are generally skillful, we have big bodies.

We are not as fast, we don't use the ball as dynamically as Brisbane and their style was good enough to beat Richmond a few weeks ago, a team we clearly sit behind.

To suggest that a game is 50-50 and that experience doesn't give us some huge edge (especially when for most of our players their finals experience is centred around losing finals) is not being negative or saying we are out of the running.

If we win, any supporter worth a pinch of s*** will understand that to win this year is arguably harder than winning in any other season in history

"We should be favourites" lol talk about a losers mentality. Hopefully the team doesn't approach the game the same.

For those just tuning in, here are the highlights from Stocks_go_Up:

Geelong wins when Chris Scott doesn't coach, and the players are free.
Geelong is older than Brisbane so, logically, start as the favourite.
Geelong has won four games at the GABBA, two of those by greater margins than Brisbane against the same opponent. So it only stands to reason that Geelong should win.
Geelong has had the list to win three premierships under Scott.
But if Geelong wins the premiership this year, Chris Scott is still shit because COVID.

We must savour these insights, for they are a rare glimpse into the mindset of a 'winner'.

Hahah this guy - sorry buddy but you have proven you have NFI about football and especially this team. I have been a way better judge of our future performances than you - all you do is say how great Scott is then proceed to make up every excuse in the book for why we bomb out of finals every year and at the same time sh*t all over Thompson like he was with your misses or something. Scott has NOTHING on prime Thompson who actually built his team and won multiple premierships.

That’s a nice sook.
You just told us how we should win because we beat them last time. Every single match this finals series besides 1 game has been a complete reversal of home and away results. Get a bit of an idea before you post crap. Home and away results mean squat come finals

The point is genius, its not JUST about experience but it does add the pendulum in our favour. I can't believe I'm having to argue with our own supporters about our chances of winning lol.. Usually I'm the negative one.. Crazy times! As I said this year is our best chance to take it - I actually think we are in with a big chance.. BUT I know that even if we win opposition supporters will put an asterisk next to it because of covid etc It will create the perfect story line for debate on Chris Scott and his standing in the game.

All your trying to do is set up an expectation we should win so you can sulk and moan if we loose, and if we win you simply say we should have won. Troll school 101. your not very original. real supporters see through that.

LOL nobody is going to debate if a coach can coach in finals who has missed finals once in ten years and a 70% win loss record with two premiership cups to his name.

your quite the entertainment here

Geelong has won four games at the GABBA, two of those by greater margins than Brisbane against the same opponent. So it only stands to reason that Geelong should win.
But if Geelong wins the premiership this year, Chris Scott is still sh*t because COVID.

We must savour these insights, for they are a rare glimpse into the mindset of a 'winner'.

ahahahahahahahaha!!! We all need Some good comedy during times of COVID. This is gold material

How do you explain Richmond's loss to Brisbane? Didn't they beat them 15x in a row and hadn't lost a game in Qld all year?

But if Geelong wins the premiership this year, Chris Scott is still sh*t because COVID.

Don't forget, he discusses this with other like-minded Illuminati... and they know what's what in the world of coaching. Lol.

All your trying to do is set up an expectation we should win so you can sulk and moan if we loose, and if we win you simply say we should have won. Troll school 101. your not very original. real supporters see through that.

LOL nobody is going to debate if a coach can coach in finals who has missed finals once in ten years and a 70% win loss record with two premiership cups to his name.

your quite the entertainment here
Like a dancing bear wearing clown makeup. Something to watch, yet makes you feel uncomfortable.

This board is ridiculous.

Last week the coach is the worst because we lost yet another final.

This week he's the greatest because we predictably responded to that initial failure.

The reality is: 1. Scott is a very good coach; 2. teams coached by Scott have consistently underperformed in finals when compared to their output against equivalent opponents in the same year's H&A season; 3. teams coached by Scott have an atrocious post-bye record which has not been addressed for years, indicating a major psychological or preparation problem at the club.

There are two games left for the coach and current generation of Geelong players to right some wrongs from the 2012-2019 period...

Sat was one of the great victories, no doubt.
The thing that worries me is Collingwood didn't really bring much heat, let's face it, and over at half time.
I still worry how we will fare under increased pressure.
Would have been happier for a tighter contest to stress test the players and game plan and some in game responses.

The thing that worries me is Collingwood didn't really bring much heat, let's face it, and over at half time.
Would have been happier for a tighter contest to stress test the players and game plan and some in game responses.
I look at it more like Geelong has had a good hit out in the last fortnight whereas Brisbane has had nothing to do but think about the pressure of a prelim after so many years of being terrible.

what defines bringing the heat exactly?? Keep in mind that when our game plan is on song and firing we AVOID pressure and don’t let it occur.

it stuck with me how Scott responded to a media person about intensity... he said you look more intense when your game plan ise executed well, that’s all intensity is....
It’s not some “effort” nonsense, just teams executing the their game plan better or worse.

In saying so, I feel a lot of disrespect towards geelong has occurred since the win.

If Richmond won like that, what would we all be saying?? It would be a tug fest saying dazzling hot tigers too good... but because geelong won, all the talk is about off collingwood.

I don’t mind it, people can talk us down all they want and talk Brisbane up, that’s fine... Look forward to this Saturday with a degree of optimism and confidence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back