2020 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qualified as only Tom Browne can do ......he has two years of a contract and "wants" to go to ESS

But HTF could ESS get a trade done for a Contracted Player ????

They'll lose #15 for Caldwell ....and "might" get #17 from BRIS ......but that's not even close to what would satisfy the Bulldogs ...who have already in recent days said no trade
They still have their pick 7ish...

Come on, you know when you signed the mod remuneration package that it simply had to be a 24x7 responsibility.

I still laugh remembering my first week moderating, when a well-known poster on the Adelaide board informed me that I was supposed to read *everything* that was written on here, in response to me giving him a day off for shitposting.

Good times.

I still laugh remembering my first week moderating, when a well-known poster on the Adelaide board informed me that I was supposed to read *everything* that was written on here, in response to me giving him a day off for shitposting.

Good times.

Some people just can't handle a little mod intervention. No respect whatsoever.

Good times.
Shitposting? HA! X

Good times.

I need names lol.

I remember once you banned me just for the lols and then changed your mind.

Qualified as only Tom Browne can do ......he has two years of a contract and "wants" to go to ESS

But HTF could ESS get a trade done for a Contracted Player ????

They'll lose #15 for Caldwell ....and "might" get #17 from BRIS ......but that's not even close to what would satisfy the Bulldogs ...who have already in recent days said no trade

I feel the same. Ken is a great motivator and you can see just how well newbies respond. But you only have to see the continued failures of the older guys and you see that his message doesn't appear to carry through long term.

Next season, I don't think port will make the finals. This seasons motivation was clearly 150 years. Boaks performance this year was what got them as far as they did.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I agree, almost everything that could go right went right and they still couldn't get it done. I am not convinced their older players can deliver again. To have limited injuries and run out for a Prelim with your best team is very rare.

In 2021 it's not just a matter of wining a Prelim, they have to get back there again which to make the top four in a 22 round season means winning maybe 16 games? More if they want a home final.

I just don't see alot of improvement in Port for 2021 besides Rozzee having a better year. Dursma and Butters are great young players but they had good years in 2020 so will need to do that again just to match their 2020 form.

The one thing they have going for them is I don't see a heap of challenges. There might be a small window for a few years.

I agree, almost everything that could go right went right and they still couldn't get it done. I am not convinced their older players can deliver again. To have limited injuries and run out for a Prelim with your best team is very rare.

In 2021 it's not just a matter of wining a Prelim, they have to get back there again which to make the top four in a 22 round season means winning maybe 16 games? More if they want a home final.

I just don't see alot of improvement in Port for 2021 besides Rozzee having a better year. Dursma and Butters are great young players but they had good years in 2020 so will need to do that again just to match their 2020 form.

The one thing they have going for them is I don't see a heap of challenges. There might be a small window for a few years.
One thing Port benefited hugely from was the shorter games which suited their explosive players and game plan. Wont be able to do that next year. Dixon and Boak probably benefited from it the most. Collingwood, St kilda, West Coast and Western bulldogs all imo have a bigger upside than port. Not to mention Richmond and Brisbane will be there again.

Port between 6th and 10th next season. Will go back to their traditional flat track down hill skiing game plan.

One thing Port benefited hugely from was the shorter games which suited their explosive players and game plan. Wont be able to do that next year. Dixon and Boak probably benefited from it the most. Collingwood, St kilda, West Coast and Western bulldogs all imo have a bigger upside than port. Not to mention Richmond and Brisbane will be there again.

Port between 6th and 10th next season. Will go back to their traditional flat track down hill skiing game plan.

I can see West Coast sliding and potentially missing the finals in 2021.

Quite a few of their players are either declining due to age or appearing to lack the same hunger they once did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As much as I 'll hate to see that I think they have an exceptional list and once again they will beat us in the draft. Their list management has been superb.

As much as I 'll hate to see that I think they have an exceptional list and once again they will beat us in the draft. Their list management has been superb.

Not sure I agree but that aside they have a number of things better than us. They targeted the best drafts to have good picks in. We go with the line 'we will back in our recruiters' but there needs to be good talent available when we have a pick.

They have also never over paid to retain players compared to us. They always have a lot of room in their cap and that's with attracting guys like Lycett, Motlop, Dixon, Burton and Rockliff. None of which would of come cheap even though they all haven't delivered.

Not sure I agree but that aside they have a number of things better than us. They targeted the best drafts to have good picks in. We go with the line 'we will back in our recruiters' but there needs to be good talent available when we have a pick.

They have also never over paid to retain players compared to us. They always have a lot of room in their cap and that's with attracting guys like Lycett, Motlop, Dixon, Burton and Rockliff. None of which would of come cheap even though they all haven't delivered.
That what list management is about. They delivered and next, the gameday coaches have been given the tool and they need to make it happen.

Wow, all that and they've only won one final since 2014.

Imagine what their performances would be like with an average list and poor list management.

But nice to hear from you any way Ken ;)

Wow, all that and they've only won one final since 2014.

Imagine what their performances would be like with an average list and poor list management.

But nice to hear from you any way Ken ;)

They got damn lucky too with beating the Cats, Hawkins more often than not would have kicked 3.2 and not 0.5

Would have been an entirely different result too.

They have, apparently, won trade week and the draft every year I've been on Bigfooty.

I'm still waiting for that dynasty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back