List Mgmt. Jeremy Cameron traded to Geelong

What will happen with Cameron?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That's correct Wojcinski, the next mechanism available is that JC rejects the GWS offer and enters draft, he's already said he's prepared to sit out a year, so that's a big statement and of course other clubs know that Geelong is his club of choice so why would they waste a pick.

I havent seen anywhere where he said that.

Ozguy that's u speaking, u don't know the man. How much is happiness worth? In NFL players have sat out a season, LeVeon Bell sat out a year in Pittsburgh to get a better contract. Geelong's 900K figure could have been negotiated with availability in mind. A lot depends on JC's mindset and he has stated he's prepared to sit, that's not what Paddy said, he said I want Adelaide to get fair value.

If anyone thinks a player is going to walk away from 500k+ for a year in the prime of their football career, then they are truly kidding themselves.

Didn't Cam McCarthy do exactly that before he got to Freo?

This.

We have never done anything like this, and won't be starting now. The Danger deal told us everything we need to know about how the Cats conduct themselves in these situations.

Stay classy, Geelong.
People keep saying it be we have. Delidio publically nominated geelong. Richmond wanted too much in a trade so Geelong had to pull out and delidio went to gws instead.

With all the talk about the pick 11 we traded in from GC last year drifting out, I was certain it was guaranteed as pick 11.
London to a brick that if GC still held it it would be, now that we hold it it will be pushed back due to compensation picks.
On Cameron, absolutely love to see him in the hoops very good player. I’ll be livid if we give anything other than cap space for him though, when a Gary Ablett, Buddy Franklin, Tom Lynch etc cost the destination club nothing more.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Weve known they were matching all along its hardly a surprise, would assume both clubs are already well into discussions.

The discourse was that GWS wouldn't match so they could get a good compensation pick

That's correct Wojcinski, the next mechanism available is that JC rejects the GWS offer and enters draft, he's already said he's prepared to sit out a year, so that's a big statement and of course other clubs know that Geelong is his club of choice so why would they waste a pick.

Yeesh, that didn’t work so well for Cam McCarthy.

He might want to get some better advice than sitting out one of his prime seasons as a player.

The first current pick no but if ever a team had a hand to trade up to a top 5/6 pick and threaten the ND geelongs hand is that. But i doubt it comes to that..both sides will meet in the middle a bit and a deal will get done.

I doubt very much any team with cap room doesn’t take him

Crows and Roos have bulk cap room. Even if he told them to go jump I don’t think they would not take him

Then you have the drug cheats with 6 and 7 that can jump up.

You can’t gamble on him getting to you in the draft I wouldn’t think

With all the talk about the pick 11 we traded in from GC last year drifting out, I was certain it was guaranteed as pick 11.
London to a brick that if GC still held it it would be, now that we hold it it will be pushed back due to compensation picks.
On Cameron, absolutely love to see him in the hoops very good player. I’ll be livid if we give anything other than cap space for him though, when a Gary Ablett, Buddy Franklin, Tom Lynch etc cost the destination club nothing more.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that it was locked in as pick 11 regardless of where GC finished, but once the session was over and other things came into play it was then like any other pick and will move relative to FA compensation picks, academy bids etc

But there's 8 other clubs in Victoria, GWS should look to get the best compensation and trade Cameron to a team with higher draft picks and aren't contending, such as Essendon. It's unbelievable that Cameron has nominated Geelong when there are 8 other clubs in Victoria, he shouldn't have a say where he goes. GWS should choose where he gets traded, if he wants Geelong, Geelong should through 4 draft picks at GWS, this is outrageous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt very much any team with cap room doesn’t take him

Crows and Roos have bulk cap room. Even if he told them to go jump I don’t think they would not take him

Then you have the drug cheats with 6 and 7 that can jump up.

You can’t gamble on him getting to you in the draft I wouldn’t think

Would a club be willing to have Cameron running around listlessly for them, like he's done this year with GWS, because his heart is elsewhere?

No disrespect meant and I have no dog on his fight but you can’t honestly think he will get to your first pick In the draft?

Absolutely zero chance that happens

A player on just under a mill per year, structured in a way that manes it nigh on impossible for other clubs.. but most importantly, if Cameron refuses to entertain other clubs, moving to live in western vic near Geelong, there is ZERO chance another club picks him up. Zero.

No club picks a player on 950k a year who doesn’t want to be there. Name one example. Just one

But there's 8 other clubs in Victoria, GWS should look to get the best compensation and trade Cameron to a team with higher draft picks and aren't contending, such as Essendon. It's unbelievable that Cameron has nominated Geelong when there are 8 other clubs in Victoria, he shouldn't have a say where he goes. GWS should choose where he gets traded, if he wants Geelong, Geelong should through 4 draft picks at GWS, this is outrageous.

He's given them 9 years of service, and he got a dud deal at the end.

Then they low balled him when, hey presto, they had the money to match our offer all along.

No wonder he wants out.

Why would we have submitted the FA request then? I think it was borderline if they could match or not and we tried our luck. It didn't work.

Agree

I don’t think the club expected them to match, given they offered 150-200k less per year. Can’t blame Geelong, that’s outrageous on GWS’s behalf.

I don’t think Geelong view a 28 yr old free agent worth more than 12. Think we may have a tougher stance than we did with Danger

Cool story...

Suggest you run along and you learn about how trading players actually works in the AFL

He's given them 9 years of service, and he got a dud deal at the end.

Then they low balled him when, hey presto, they had the money to match our offer all along.

No wonder he wants out.
Alright mate, don't be hypocritical now
Cool story...

Suggest you run along and you learn about how trading players actually works in the AFL
It was sarcasm mate, you move along

But you happy that Kelly nominated WCE and only WCE? Wouldn’t even take Freo’s calls.... double standards...

Back