List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else get the sense that we're up to something potentially big?

Makes no sense that we supposedly offer Cameron a bigger contract than Geelong, but then all of a sudden our salary cap is so full that we are trying to push out players left right and centre.

I also remember Garry Lyon saying a while ago that he'd heard of a potential player move that would make the front and the back page of the papers if it ended up going ahead, I don't think anything like that has happened yet.

Here is my guess based on absolutely nothing:

We're after Patrick Cripps and he's interested, and we're trying to gather the trade assets/cap space to make it viable.

That or there's something to the Yeo rumours.

Wishful thinking? Probably. But thought i'd share something hopeful as a departure from the current mood of doom, gloom and armageddon.

Prove me wrong!
Cripps and Gunstan would be acceptable

We might not have got him if we had paid what you have arbitrarily called his market value of a first and a second rounder. It’s pure speculation. I would have loved to have paid a fifth rounder for him too.

The fact he has seemingly held his trade value despite five years passing and injury occurring is evidence that the original price was fair.

The paperwork was all but signed off on for a first and 2nd, Gubby had it in and needed Matthews tick off, that when Dave Matthews called in the AFL.
Richmond thought they were getting him for that but when they found out we were favorites they offered 2 late firsts.

So stick your "arbitary" sass up ya cake hole. Sometimes the club and its employees * up, except it princess.

This has all been documented and spoken of in his old trade thread and is pretty common knowledge.

Matthews brothers worked together to make sure we over paid if we got Treloar and we did.
He was pissed that we scuppered his back room deal to move treloar to Richmond.

The paperwork was all but signed off on for a first and 2nd, Gubby had it in and needed Matthews tick off, that when Dave Matthews called in the AFL.
Richmond thought they were getting him for that but when they found out we were favorites they offered 2 late firsts.

So stick your "arbitary" sass up ya cake hole. Sometimes the club and its employees fu** up, except it princess.

This has all been documented and spoken of in his old trade thread and is pretty common knowledge.

Matthews brothers worked together to make sure we over paid if we got Treloar and we did.
He was pissed that we scuppered his back room deal to move treloar to Richmond.

Two late firsts.... a first and a downgrade from first to second..... much the same really. Ours was a slightly better bid.

I'll take your word for it on what actually occurred because I couldnt bother fact checking but thats how bidding works... betst bid wins and that therefore is market value.

And it vlaidates my argument we probably wouldnt have got him if we bid less... he'd have chosen Richmond.

Gws would have planned on keeping Cameron, so would have had some space.

I hope they hold firm and get some senior players out of Geelong.

Cats have 3 1st Rounders so they would try and get 2 of them

I would rather Callow than Cox, Cox looks like the type of player who is going to take a while to work out where his best position will be and also will take a long time to develop. Georgiadies is a classic example of risking taking a player earlier than expected, if Callow is good enough to have some impact next year, then he is only going to get better. Pick 14 looks like being 16 or 17, he's worth a punt with that.
Treloar + 34 for pick 5 + 24,
Phillips + Lynch + 38 for T. McD + 47
2021 1st + Pick 38 for 2020 1st + 2021 2nd or 3rd
Trade players (Cox, Sier, Thomas, WHE) for a pick in the 20's Freo (28). Roos (25), Crows (20 or 29),Swans (22), Hawks (21).

This is over simplified and would require +/- players and picks, but far better than getting over-the-hill or B grade players. Possibly get Chapman or Perkins with Pick 14 & use a late pick for a project tall like O.Lord to develop in reserves.
McInnes, Phillips/Holland, J.+ N. Daicos and others set us up in the Mids for yrs to come and Cox & Callow help address our lack of KP Talls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading Stephenson would be the biggest mistake this club makes.

I’m at my absolute fknnnn wits end here.

Eddie & Bucks are destroying the fabric of this club.

What if it netted a pick for Logan McDonald and then we got 5 for Treloar for Will Phillips?

Would that numb the pain?

Anyone else seeing the upside in all these members cancelling for next year?

Might be more of a chance of getting into a game next year if there are ballots for members to get into fan limited games!

PS: I am unhappy about the reported Treloar and Stephenson situations too but with a lack of actual information from the parties involved and trade week not even starting yet I'm cooling my jets on firing up the microwave just yet.

What if it netted a pick for Logan McDonald and then we got 5 for Treloar for Will Phillips?

Would that numb the pain?

The thing about that logic (which is perfectly fine in itself... drooling over the next batch)......is that a few years ago we might have said "what if trading player x for pick 7 nets us Jordan Stephenson"......

And everbody would have agreed....Yeah hes the kind of player we need".

Anyone else seeing the upside in all these members cancelling for next year?

Might be more of a chance of getting into a game next year if there are ballots for members to get into fan limited games!

PS: I am unhappy about the reported Treloar and Stephenson situations too but with a lack of actual information from the parties involved and trade week not even starting yet I'm cooling my jets on firing up the microwave just yet.

Microwaving Membership’s iss one option but has not led to premierships.

The much maligned focus on football group - Came along at the end of 2016.....four years later, three flags and a prelim.

People laughed but it put the focus on Hardwick and the Richmond football club.

Yes let’s disregard everything he did in 2018/19 because of a poor year in exceptional circumstances.
For sure. Hard to judge any player on this year alone.
Stevo is hugely talented and has some flaws. Outside of Dustin Martin, show me a player who hasn’t.

Go re-watch Stephenson sulking around and refusing to tackle in 2020 then tell me he isn't hard to coach :drunk:. Bucks would've been pulling his hair out, the only reason he got a game was his amazing natural talent.
And that’s why you keep him - amazing natural talent.
You can improve a players attitude, you can’t improve his talent.

He's also a 21/22 year old kid. Some of the best players in history have probably been a bit head strong at this age.

The best coaches and teams nurture this talent . There's a reason why players peak around 23-27. They become more mature. You can't trade every 21 year old kid who has a bit of an attitude problem.

I don't think we did him many favours this year with the way we handled him. He is a confidence player, and constantly dropping him or playing him in different positions didn't help.

Anyway, I'm not for trading our best talent under 25. Particularly considering we won't get fair value for him. Let's back him in I say.
He was drafted with pick 6, Rising star award in 2018, 50 games of development into him, you’d be wanting better than pick 6 to even consider trading him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back