Racing Melbourne Cup 2020. * All race day discussion and Tips in here *(no aftertiming)

Who wins the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big win bet one horse
generally back a couple of others to cover costs

Small F4 with my ABC system

Exacta with A-Bs
Box Tri with ABs
Small tri A-AB-ABC

To be honest - this year I reckon rather than dilute % it is probably just smarter to box the 6 winning chances in a tri (AVD, Moth, Baby, RC, VE, Sir D)

Really? I reckon there are quite a few chances to ruin a tri this year with an annoying third.

Really? I reckon there are quite a few chances to ruin a tri this year with an annoying third.

Entirely possible as it is every year but I feel if ever there is a year the top chances fight out all the placings this is it.

Tab have 1st and 2nd to be odd numbers at 2.1, 6 of 7 top horses are all odds, POA being the only one not. Trap? or bit of a fun bet if you think POA is no chance.

Tab have 1st and 2nd to be odd numbers at 2.1, 6 of 7 top horses are all odds, POA being the only one not. Trap? or bit of a fun bet if you think POA is no chance.

Without even looking at it it seems a solid bet - all the fact it has to be top two throws an extra spanner in the works.

They also have Tiger Moth $2.20 in the bottom group from Ashrun down which seems a gift.

Without even looking at it it seems a solid bet - all the fact it has to be top two throws an extra spanner in the works.

They also have Tiger Moth $2.20 in the bottom group from Ashrun down which seems a gift.

Yeah saw that as well, but a horse has to finish 4. Can get similar value for top 5 at 2 bucks. Although I guess you get your money back if no one places top 4 which is likely if tiger fails.

Yeah saw that as well, but a horse has to finish 4. Can get similar value for top 5 at 2 bucks. Although I guess you get your money back if no one places top 4 which is likely if tiger fails.

Nice T&C pick up - yeah you can get him better than that straight out top 4 on betfair right now

tab group c winner

• The Chosen One 9.00
  • Ashrun 7.00
  • Warning 14.00
  • Etah James 21.00
  • Tiger Moth 2.00
  • Oceanex 19.00
  • Miami Bound 9.50
  • Persan 9.00
  • Pays on the highest placed

TAB

• AUS Trained Winner 1.78

• INTL Trained Winner 2.05

• AUS:2,3,5,7,8,11,13-16,19, 20,22-24

• INTL:1,4,6,9,10,12,17,18,21

This ones got my interest. Internationals FTW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TAB

• AUS Trained Winner 1.78

• INTL Trained Winner 2.05

• AUS:2,3,5,7,8,11,13-16,19, 20,22-24

• INTL:1,4,6,9,10,12,17,18,21

This ones got my interest. Internationals FTW.

Sir Dragonet counts as an Aussie which significantly tilts that market. Might as well just back the Moth over the internationals at 4 times the price. Hard to see the others winning IMO.

$6.50 fixed on SB currently and clear favourite now.

It is deserved though and he could easily blow them away with not 1 eyebrow raised!
$6.50!!! Another point in the last couple of hours. How short can it go??

My brother reckons Oceanex is a massive chance....
Can you guys provide me with some humorous anecdotes to show him that he has NFI 🤣

First 4 barring anything silly going on with the track in first few races and there is a stupid fast lane on the rail or something out of the blue....

1st - Tiger Moth / Surprise Baby
2nd - Tiger Moth / Surprise Baby / Anthony Van Dyke / Master of Reality / Prince of Arran
3rd - Tiger Moth / Surprise Baby / Anthony Van Dyke / Master of Reality / Twilight Payment / Prince of Arran / Stratum / King of Leogrance / Steel Prince / The Chosen One / Ashrun / Warning / Miami Bound / Persan
4th - Same as third

$400 for 38%
Should really grow a pair and have TM one out and increase it to 76%.... but yeah I won't c/mon the Baby!!!!!!!

Good Luck

Winning Chance

13 - Surprise Baby
15 - Russian Camelot
21 - Tiger Moth

Major Chance

1 - Anthony Van Dyk
4 - Master of Reality
12 - Prince of Arran

Minor Chance

5 - Sir Dragonet
7 - Verry Elleegant