You should be Ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.

I’ll renew because the club is bigger than any individual. I love the club but I think the boys club running it need to have a good hard look at themselves.

I agree list changes needed to be made but that was from the doing of the list management and not the players. The narrative the took with trealor was a disgrace and IMO dishonest , disrespectful to both Adam and the supporters. Not to mention a clear act of discrimination which is highly unprofessional. Adam was such a class act yesterday and served so much better.

The issue we now have is about trust. Who would want to come to Collingwood in next years trade period when we treat players like this.

Instead of the boys club covering their own arse they should have come out and advise the players that due to errors they made in the cap some players will need to be traded and we will support players through that process to get the best outcome.

Instead the opted to go down the spin path and that never works.

Some heads need to roll IMO

I'M CANCELING MY MEMBERSHIP

But I'll still be at games when I come down to Melb with my MCC membership
Goodbye and good riddance.

There's an old Collingwood saying that goes all the way back to the depression era and it remains true to this day.

You can say 'I used to be a Collingwood supporter'

And I will answer 'You never were'.

Last edited:

Another veiled Americanised threat. Quick run to Mummy and burn your membership.
Not sure being aggressive with words is going to get your message across.

Supporters react to different situations in different ways and the reality is we gave away two best 22 players for a packet of chips and supporters have a right to be angry and although I am now not as angry as I was. They have the right to react in they way they are.

You obviously feel differently as do I however I am not going to deny or call anyone out for how they feel or what they intend to do about their membership.

Just like I like Blair and will never like Mayne (as players) despite what others say about it.

Football is all about emotion and you have to admit, this is not a good time in our club's history and as paid up members, everyone has a right to speak without being judged harshly.

What did the women do?

My Aunt and Uncle accompanied Mum to the 58 GF

My Aunt needed to visit the lavatory but was blocked by a bloke who told her to put a cork in it

She was shocked

My Uncle, 6 foot 5 and about 130 kegs, said in a bass baritone that it was no way to speak to a lady and he should apologise

Uncle then led my Aunt, like a rhino leading its young through grasslands, to the lavatory

P.S. Dad at a different match, same era, saw a beer bottle of urine passed to an unsuspecting imbiber - great amusement but no fisticuffs resulted

Supporters react to different situations in different ways and the reality is we gave away two best 22 players for a packet of chips and supporters have a right to be angry and although I am now not as angry as I was. They have the right to react in they way they are.

You obviously feel differently as do I however I am not going to deny or call anyone out for how they feel or what they intend to do about their membership.

Just like I like Blair and will never like Mayne (as players) despite what others say about it.

Football is all about emotion and you have to admit, this is not a good time in our club's history and as paid up members, everyone has a right to speak without being judged harshly.

Individual player views are funny. By far and away Mrs Sideswipe’s main reason for anger (of which there were many reasons and much anger) at Thursday night’s bloodbath was that Cox is still on our list.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel you miss the point Maggie, it's not about how good or bad the club acted or managed it's about actively swallowing the media manure and doing their job for them.
There can be no doubt that an orchestrated campaign to attack this club relentlessly in the this trade / draft period existed - probably before the the trade week started. It's all about destabilising the club and membership for the joy of it and the clicks.
The antics of so many in these pages is no recommendation to anyone for their willingness to join in without a single shred of concrete evidence revealed.

And just while I'm at it those campaigners who advocated armed, violent assault on a member of our club are not only lower than shark sh1t but may well open this site to criminal charges of 'incitement to commit a felony'.
Any threat made on an open public forum is considered the responsibility of the forum and places that forum in jeopardy of a charge of accessory before the fact.

I feel you miss the point Maggie, it's not about how good or bad the club acted or managed it's about actively swallowing the media manure and doing their job for them.
There can be no doubt that an orchestrated campaign to attack this club relentlessly in the this trade / draft period existed - probably before the the trade week started. It's all about destabilising the club and membership for the joy of it and the clicks.
The antics of so many in these pages is no recommendation to anyone for their willingness to join in without a single shred of concrete evidence revealed.

And just while I'm at it those campaigners who advocated armed, violent assault on a member of our club are not only lower than shark sh1t but may well open this site to criminal charges of 'incitement to commit a felony'.
Any threat made on an open public forum is considered the responsibility of the forum and places that forum in jeopardy of a charge of accessory before the fact.
Everything the media reported happened. The club is trying to feed supporters cool aid but we aren’t drinking.

It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.
The utter lack of consistency of many of these 'people' is mind numbing. I've been around this board since before our last flag and I've watched several members closely - first with amazement, then with annoyance before finally treating their posts with utter contempt.
But don't put it all on the posters mate, this site is a shadow of what it was before the last flag. Posters are now allowed insane latitude and they know it, this in turn has attracted the worst element and encouraged a toxic culture.
There are more than a few here that aren't supporters a-holes and would have been thrashed senseless at the old Vic Park outer.
But that is modern living for you with the self entitled deferred to by one and all.

Sorry to intrude by but these 2 posts very much remind me of the 'head in the sand' attitude a lot of WCE supporters had prior to the drugs saga back in '07/Essendon supporters had during the WADA saga. Not that this is on the same level of course.

Members have every right not to sign up if that's their way of expressing their dissatisfaction. The boards will certainly take notice if their income takes a big hit.

You guys have every right to demand the answers you deserve from Buckley and Eddie and they need to truthfully explain what has transpired.

Everything the media reported happened. The club is trying to feed supporters cool aid but we aren’t drinking.
And you're STILL missing the point.

You still have no factual proof of any single charge made by those media darlings.

Whether or not the accusations are true is irrelevant to my point - there is no proof but you were eager to jump on the media bandwagon and knife your club because you believed their bullshit.

Actually I don't think I am missing the point.

Media is one thing but the inconsistent messaging from the club is worse.

However I do agree with you on the violence aspect, just stupied and a sad example of keyboard heroes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you're STILL missing the point.

You still have no factual proof of any single charge made by those media darlings.

Whether or not the accusations are true is irrelevant to my point - there is no proof but you were eager to jump on the media bandwagon and knife your club because you believed their bullshit.
We are having a fire sale because the cap is screwed. The club refuses to just say this. You don’t trade treloar, Stevo, atu and multiple second round picks for pick 14 unless it’s for desperate cap relief. I have no issues trading treloar and Stevo, it’s what we got..
All the club has to say, is our cap is an issue we are trying to rectify it. Or how about, “we’ve made some mistakes with contracts, we are trying to fix these mistakes and ensure they aren’t made again” But no, they continue with the spin. It’s insulting they think anyone believes it

We are having a fire sale because the cap is screwed. The club refuses to just say this. You don’t trade treloar, Stevo, atu and multiple second round picks for pick 14 unless it’s for desperate cap relief.
All the club has to say, is our cap is an issue we are trying to rectify it. But no, they continue with the spin. It’s insulting they think anyone believes it
And it's doubly insulting that there are shills on here telling us that it is the media's fault.

Sorry to tell you but * off.
You like the rest of the media adoring public have nfi.
Of course I don't but the point is 2 players who wanted to stay were fed bullshit and forced out. That is highly unprofessional and will significantly affect your team's ability to attract players in the future.

If I was a big-name player I wouldn't be particularly interested in a move to Collingwood right now.

This is why your supporters are angry.

I've had to give the hard word to staff and let some go in my time but I've never lied to them about the reason. I get that forcing a couple of players out, for whatever the reason, is not something enjoyable but things would've been a lot less messy if they were just forthright with the players and media in the first place.

Sure they would've still copped a lot of flak but their integrity would've remained in tact.

Actually I don't think I am missing the point.

Media is one thing but the inconsistent messaging from the club is worse.

However I do agree with you on the violence aspect, just stupied and a sad example of keyboard heroes.
Maggie keyboard heroes can only exist in an atmosphere that allows them to flourish.

Media messaging?

A media campaign is being run against this club that started even before the trade period started and will continue until the end of the draft period.
The so called supporters on this site accepted with joy every single unsupported allegation and outright lie and joyfully joined in the knifing.

THAT is my point - the club and it's actions will be judged in the light of FACTS - but the ugly near riotous behavior on these pages instigated by the media and prosecuted by third rate supporters is no recommendation for said supporters or the site that condones it.

I've said my piece and if I were you I'd hope there were none of those sainted media darlings trolling this site who came across those two clowns incitement to commit a felony because those same media darlings will most assuredly go after said clowns and this site.

A lot of the anger and hurt could have been avoided if our club took ownership and spoke truth instead of treating us like morons and feeding us spin that doesn’t even make sense.
Days on still feel like I’ve been kicked in the guts!

McGuire works in the media. Did so before he became President and continues to do so until this day.

Let me guess, he is the exception to the rule?
I do love a smart @rse.

Just because someone refuses to be railroaded by media bullshit doesn't make them an apologist sunshine but then you're type can't think that far can they?
Burn - rip - sledgehammer innocents - lovely little anarchists aren't you?

And no Eddie isn't an exception - but then again he - unlike your darling media hasn't spent the entire trade period attacking a target without a single shred of proof.

Time for you nap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back