Preview 2021 AFL Community Series - Carlton v St Kilda Friday 4th March @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

thought Saad smashed lines.

Ed’s disposal was by and large much better when he was playing on the wing which pleasantly surprised me.
Saad even though we paid a solid price for him...is one of the hardest working HB/HBF in the league ...on an ordinary day he will work hard and break lines and run...we should have got him before Essendon,the first time....such a zzzzzzz

Samo needs to copy Saad , bring his tank to speed lusting for the same desire to attack the football and run with ....Samo was limited in the midfield with mainly a defensive style and also HBF he has been seen as a good defender and distributor ,unselfish he always gives off the ball efficiently ,however Samo we need you to maybe show us the attacking side,we may require this to defeat some of the better teams.

Result is meaningless, just want to see further escalation in the performances of Dow (predominantly), SPS, Fisher, Setterfield, Cuningham, O'Brien, etc.
Dow
the news was encouraging of the first round with the Dons,apparently Dow managed a full game,however Dons midfield are weak,and were not trying too hard.
Maybe his week Saints will try and push us harder,Dow can show us he is up for consistent work by using his strong looking frame and skills to help us counter Saints mids,...
Dow has had so many opportunities already ,i guess he must realise the club genuinely backing him......wow lets hope so

Saad even though we paid a solid price for him...is one of the hardest working HB/HBF in the league ...on an ordinary day he will work hard and break lines and run...we should have got him before Essendon,the first time....such a zzzzzzz

Samo needs to copy Saad , bring his tank to speed lusting for the same desire to attack the football and run with ....Samo was limited in the midfield with mainly a defensive style and also HBF he has been seen as a good defender and distributor ,unselfish he always gives off the ball efficiently ,however Samo we need you to maybe show us the attacking side,we may require this to defeat some of the better teams.

Samo really isn't that quick, and certainly nowhere near as quick as Saad. He also doesn't break the lines with his kicking. Saad is a penetrating long kick as well as a run and carry player. Samo seems to insist on 10m kicks to nobody way too much.

Samo IMO can be creative and generally has a good footy IQ, but I have my doubts whether he will be any more than just a solid citizen.

Samo really isn't that quick, and certainly nowhere near as quick as Saad. He also doesn't break the lines with his kicking. Saad is a penetrating long kick as well as a run and carry player. Samo seems to insist on 10m kicks to nobody way too much.

Samo IMO can be creative and generally has a good footy IQ, but I have my doubts whether he will be any more than just a solid citizen.
Ye true,still a bit early to call him average ,however ye he has played a pretty safe role so far only in terms of easy disposals and only a few astonishingly good games against weaker oppositions,.........lets say he could still work on his kicking which he actually needs to do and work on that tank so he can attack all of the time..Wraps on Fisher to take his game higher another level this year,hope Samo can also.....

Hi, I was wondering if anyone wants a ticket for tonight? I was going go tonight, however, I've had something come up and I cant go :( It's a free members ticket. I would not like for it to be empty considering we have all been waiting for this for a long time.

SectionRowSeatType
L1-24J35Adult Member Upgrade

Those short, 45 degree kicks will be more damaging this year since the man on the mark can't move and cut it off. If Samo can consistently hit those, including into the corridor, it would be a great asset to our backline.

Those short, 45 degree kicks will be more damaging this year since the man on the mark can't move and cut it off. If Samo can consistently hit those, including into the corridor, it would be a great asset to our backline.
25m 45 degree chip into the centre square from our back flank, hand ball off to Saad runnning past, runs 15m, kicks 50, Harry marks and goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone wants a ticket for tonight? I was going go tonight, however, I've had something come up and I cant go :( It's a free members ticket. I would not like for it to be empty considering we have all been waiting for this for a long time.

SectionRowSeatType
L1-24J35Adult Member Upgrade

s**t I’m almost directly above this section on level 2.

I will throw a pie on whoever claims this ticket :p

It feels so nice to be able to put on some Blues gear and get ready to go to a game again. It seems like an eternity since i've seen a live game. Its exciting to see what the new guys can bring to the team.
I hope Butler doesnt kick a bag,the small forwards kill us in the past.
A good game and pleaseeeeee no injuries.
Go Blues!!!

You may be right, but first I would suggest he needs to kick the ball in the air rather than dribble it along the ground.

St Kilda are fast movers of teh ball - they are coached by the bloke who invented the game style - right here at Carlton. Last year they were one of three sides that murdered us - just by superior outside running.

Will be interesting to see how Teague/Barker /Stanton have set up midfield to counter what was our main achilles heel last year .

I can get Kayo for $5/month as I had a Telstra Live Pass before December 2020 but I have Foxtel.
Just saw this myself and signed up. Got rid of the Foxtel early this year after they finally realised they hadn't been charging me for the last 3 years, so like hell I was going to start paying for it now! lol

A fiver a month seems reasonable :)

Little perplexed about Stocker not getting a decent hitout Thursday, especially on the back of a decent preseason

Given we know what Mooore brings or doesn't to team, I would swap the two
I agree, could be a missed opportunity. No one had Dow in for round 1 before last week, could have been the same with Stocker. I would have given someone like Cripps the week off, it's a long season.

I agree, could be a missed opportunity. No one had Dow in for round 1 before last week, could have been the same with Stocker. I would have given someone like Cripps the week off, it's a long season.
Except, I would suggest, the Match Committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back