Autopsy Autopsy vs Crows - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Bring back James Sherry.
I hate Sherry with a passion. He spoils the cricket matches I attend all over Australia.

He once came up to interview me at the last Hobart Test match (He was attracted by my 45 year old hand knitted Fitzroy jumper )and I behaved like a gentleman and did not say what I really thought about his inane commentary.

Most people go to cricket matches to see the game and chat to their mates. We don't want to be entertained constantly.

I want a mute button.

One thing I noticed in the last qtr was how we didn’t look to make use of Stephenson to run the ball out of the backline. A number of times he was in space on the wing/hbf but was ignored. Not sure if it was because they were under instructions to kick to the interchange side boundary or whether they just didn’t look. In one kick-out Lachie Young was free and Stephenson was pointing and yelling out for Ziebell to kick to Young. Stephenson would of then had the ball in space on the wing. Instead the kick went to same side of the ground as most of the other kick outs.

I don’t see it. I can see the great footwork which he does a couple of times a game but he looks way off being a grade A footballer at this stage. Has time on his side but is t really showing the desire to be top grade right now. What makes you think he will be a great player?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He reminds me of young Cunnington.

That’s what

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty sure she’s a marvel stadium employee that just chucks on a polo of the home team every game.

Can I just say that, whilst it was a little humorous that the ground announcer - clearly a Marvel Stadium employee and probably a lovely person who is trying her best - mispronounced every possible mispronouncable name, it's actually an issue.

At a time when people have paid hard earned coin for reserved seats they can't access - seats that are better than what they are getting but when they look at them, are being occupied by someone else. I heard someone in Aisle 39 complain that they had to refresh 34 times before they got a seat comparable to what they eventually got. At a time when we are imploring supporters to just show up to watch what will almost certainly be another loss. And our 'match day experience' is being hosted by someone who has absolutely zero connection to the club and has literally zero cares and no shits whatsoever about what happens on the field.

The people who refreshed 34 times said that they won't do it again. How hard would it be to get a North person with a bit of charisma (Nathan Grima?) to read out the team? (Melbourne did it with Russell Robertson) It may seem pissy, but in an era where we get no card, no scarf, no bumper sticker, no wins etc that our home game experience feels 'real' isn't too much to ask for?

We have a whole bunch of issues to deal with as a club. Our email last week said we can't, like the players, pick and choose when we commit. Well, I'm sorry, when in 1984 and we sucked and were playing at Arden St, no one said "Number 3 - Jim Krakower, Number 28 - Andrew Demitrow, Number 48 - Mark Archery, and the captain...Number 20 - Wayne Shimmybus!!!

Last edited:
Can I just say that, whilst it was a little humorous that the ground announcer - clearly a Marvel Stadium employee and probably a lovely person who is trying her best - mispronounced every possible mispronouncable name, it's actually an issue.

At a time when people have paid hard earned coin for reserved seats they can't access - seats that are better than what they are getting but when they look at them, are being occupied by someone else. I heard someone in Aisle 39 complain that they had to refresh 34 times before they got a seat comparable to what they eventually got. At a time when we are imploring supporters to just show up to watch what will almost certainly be another loss. And our 'match day experience' is being hosted by someone who has absolutely zero connection to the club is literally zero and cares no shits whatsoever about what happens on the field.

The people who refreshed 34 times said that they won't do it again. How hard would it be to get a North person with a bit of charisma (Nathan Grima?) to read out the team? (Melbourne did it with Russell Robertson) It may seem pissy, but in an era where we get no card, no scarf, no bumper sticker, no wins etc that our home game experience feels 'real' isn't too much to ask for?

We have a whole bunch of issues to deal with as a club. Our email last week said we can't, like the players, pick and choose when we commit. Well, I'm sorry, when in 1984 and we sucked and where playing at Arden St, no one said "Number 3 - Jim Krakower, Number 28 - Andrew Demitrow, Number 48 - Mark Archery, and the captain...Number 20 - Wayne Shimmybus!!!
Like I said - we are paying this person to do this. She delivered an embarrassing service. I did question a club employee at the ground who said the usual guy was off crook and she was filling in for the second week. I was also told the club noted the mistakes and she had been told. I notice when she announced Zurhaar was off she got his name right that time. Amateur hour - the club has to control this better.

Not sure if I've misread this TD but if that's a crack at Josh Walker and his contested marking / spoiling it's horribly off the mark. His absolute howler last week notwithstanding, JW has comfortably been our best contested mark / spoiler since he came to the club.

He's very good one on one but struggles to draw defenders and bring it to ground in pack situations.

At a time when people have paid hard earned coin for reserved seats they can't access - seats that are better than what they are getting but when they look at them, are being occupied by someone else. I heard someone in Aisle 39 complain that they had to refresh 34 times before they got a seat comparable to what they eventually got. At a time when we are imploring supporters to just show up to watch what will almost certainly be another loss. And our 'match day experience' is being hosted by someone who has absolutely zero connection to the club is literally zero and cares no shits whatsoever about what happens on the field.

We have a whole bunch of issues to deal with as a club. Our email last week said we can't, like the players, pick and choose when we commit. Well, I'm sorry, when in 1984 and we sucked and where playing at Arden St, no one said "Number 3 - Jim Krakower, Number 28 - Andrew Demitrow, Number 48 - Mark Archery, and the captain...Number 20 - Wayne Shimmybus!!!
After 4-5 names that she got wrong I assumed she was meaning to do it - some kind of weird thing she had going to create some interest.

By the 7th one I knew she was just a dimwit with no idea of AFL and no idea of the NMFC.

Cunners did in the last quarter and someone missed the easiest kick possible and put the ball on Cunners opponent's chest
I honestly thought that ball was kicked to where Cunners should have been but he just didn't look like he got off the ground.

Pretty sure she’s a marvel stadium employee that just chucks on a polo of the home team every game.
She also threw in there Nick Lucky.

I was hoping the Ma hony and Zoohar blokes were an improvement but didn’t really see it from Ma hony and Zoohar was KO’d.

Durdin was inexplicably still on the list from about 2018 onwards.

Not only that, he is now potting the players on Twitter comparing them to disabled athletes. This is a bloke whose career highlight is getting knocked out by Sandilands and big Sandi knocking himself out in the process, that’s literally it. His personality is below average even for a South Australian.
He called someone out for that comparison saying it was inappropriate . Think you have misconstrued that.

Yeah I didn’t like the tagging job he did at all. People saying they liked the niggle he gave Laird.
Laird had 11 clearances!!!
Sure he gave 2 fu**s about Turner buzzing around him pretending to be a footballer.
This times 100!

Laird has it 31 times, pretty s**t tagging job.

Did Noble put him in there to hide that he has a small forward that can’t kick goals or create pressure?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Durdin was inexplicably still on the list from about 2018 onwards.

Not only that, he is now potting the players on Twitter comparing them to disabled athletes. This is a bloke whose career highlight is getting knocked out by Sandilands and big Sandi knocking himself out in the process, that’s literally it. His personality is below average even for a South Australian.
Did Moon Dog Spot highjack your username? :stern look

Alcott said “Legit reckon I could get a kick for North Melbourne at the minute”

A joke said by thousands of people over the years.

Durdin’s response was so poorly worded that I still can’t be sure what he was trying to say, but bringing Alcott’s admirable work for the disabled into it was poor.
Disabled or not, Alcott is a knob.

Having a disability doesn’t absolve you from being one of the all time biggest flogs on the planet.

Why didn’t Taylor play today?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Curtis played for the VFL, went pretty well; started in the forward line, rusty early, got caught a few times, but scrapped hard when it was in his area; kicked the first goal from a sliding mark from a good McGinness entry. Played on a wing in the second half, played his part in the final qtr when they won it. I assume he's a chance to take Zurhaar's spot - Garner is the other candidate, has been great two weeks in a row, a real solid presence across half forward, brings others into the game

Curtis played for the VFL, went pretty well; started in the forward line, rusty early, got caught a few times, but scrapped hard when it was in his area; kicked the first goal from a sliding mark from a good McGinness entry. Played on a wing in the second half, played his part in the final qtr when they won it. I assume he's a chance to take Zurhaar's spot - Garner is the other candidate, has been great two weeks in a row, a real solid presence across half forward, brings others into the game
Xerri for Campbell, Taylor for Turner or Mahoney, Garner for Zurhaar. As the meerkats would say simples!

I haven't watched a replay yet, but I reckon there is a strong argument to change the midfield rotations.
CUNNERS, luke and Jye aren't working well together, Cunners, Jye and Powell looked good even Jye, Powell and Philips looked good.
We need to change it up, like Jaiden Kyron and Zurhaar to rotate through as well.

I wonder how many posters are judging their POV on the TV or being there
I was there.

I judged based on the fact that we were already two men down from the beginning so we had to somehow work our way through that. Then basically killing ourselves from repeat entries to Campbell that couldn't clunk the easiest of contested marks or bring them to our smalls. Larkey did get more separation but Campbell could not be impactful when the ball was loose.

Our general play was vastly superior to Adelaide and that's why I came out with heaps of positives. I did mention we faded and stopped running in the last.

We still have a lot of work to do and there's a spark but nah nah its all gonna be doom and we should be finishing 9th.

The clear lack of experience and missing key players is a major factor to our loss today. With more experience on every line it would be a different story for the young guys desperate for guidance and leadership.

I was there.

I judged based on the fact that we were already two men down from the beginning so we had to somehow work our way through that. Then basically killing ourselves from repeat entries to Campbell that couldn't clunk the easiest of contested marks or bring them to our smalls. Larkey did get more separation but Campbell could not be impactful when the ball was loose.

Our general play was vastly superior to Adelaide and that's why I came out with heaps of positives. I did mention we faded and stopped running in the last.

We still have a lot of work to do and there's a spark but nah nah its all gonna be doom and we should be finishing 9th.
I actually thought Campbell was Adelaide’s biggest weapon.

I’ve seen Auskick kids with better hands, is like a statue when it hits the ground, and when he wasn’t getting outmarked when being in best position, he was knocking our players over.

Surely another coach cans the idea of this bloke contributing anything more than be insurance if Goldy can’t play.

Last edited:
From the TV you were all loud

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app
We were definitely all up and about when Phillips kicked his goal, kid got a nice loud cheer when he came off and it was very noisy as the 3/4 time siren sounded. I actually think that quarter ended at the perfect time for Adelaide, we were well and truly up and about and the crowd was getting into the game.

The break took some of that atmosphere away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back