Preview Geelong vs WCE - Sat April 24, GMHBA Stadium @1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So will Blitz be the 2nd ruck as there 1 less tall forward?
Same number of tall forwards as last week and I don't recall Blicavs going into ruck

It'll likely be Henry who'll get used at times just as he was last week, Hawkins used up forward and maybe depending on the match ups, Blicavs chipping in down back if required

Same number of tall forwards as last week and I don't recall Blicavs going into ruck

It'll likely be Henry who'll get used at times just as he was last week, Hawkins used up forward and maybe depending on the match ups, Blicavs choppingy in down back if required
I think you'll be rite... I hate the idea of Henry rucking..

Zac Guthrie injury sub?? Wouldn’t want Narkle or Clark to miss another game, and Jenkins doesn’t exactly shout injury sub.
That's my thinking and for those reasons

We were going as a treat for one of my daughters. When I first mentioned it to her on Tuesday, I could get the tickets needed, $60 each in the Players Stand. Fast forward to yesterday morning when she confirmed that she wanted to go, about the only place I could get 3 tickets, they were starting at $89 each. No thanks, not for a game of footy outside of a final.
Have messaged you.

Play Clarke and Holmes.

can Holmes get 4 best on grounds in a row in the vfl.

I think if we are to be a contender in September we need to develop more outside run on the ‘G. These two are the ones that could help in this area. One of the two should be in for Dahlhaus.

Last edited:
Play Clarke and Holmes.

can Holmes get 4 best on grounds in a row in the vfl.

Clarke last played for Geelong in 2003 - thinking there's good reasons he's not being selected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if we see to be a contender in September we need to develop more outside run on the ‘G. These two are the ones that could help in this area. One of the two should be in for Dahlhaus.
Neither should be in imo.

Clark is raw. Has s**t to work on at VFL level. Holmes isn’t ready. Can’t run out a game yet.

Narkle and Constable close to having their papers stamped.

Yes, how dare that stupid cow feel entitled to help from her family with her autistic child! Doesn't she know her child is not more important than football.
Poor take. The club offered everything they could. Players wives offered all they could. She expected the club to pay for everything, despite not being allowed to under salary cap rules. That wasn’t good enough for the entitled princess. She wanted the club to buy airfares for her family to travel to geelong all the time. Which is only allowed a couple of times before it counts under the cap.

It was never good enough for someone who didn’t want to be here.

And yet all those names offer more than Dalhaus
Why do so many stick to this idea that using Dahlhaus - a defensive small forward - is a fair comparison to why one wingman (Holmes), one wing/halfback (Clark), and one inside mid (Constable) should be in.

They aren’t competing for the same places.

Why do so many stick to this idea that using Dahlhaus - a defensive small forward - is a fair comparison to why one wingman (Holmes), one wing/halfback (Clark), and one inside mid (Constable) should be in.

Because Dahlhaus does jack

It's the principle......the fact that Dahl is being gifted games with no perceivable benefit to the team.

Because Dahlhaus does jack
You’ve convinced me.

Constable in the forward pocket for him.

Let’s improve on Bews. Jenkins will do well as a small defender. Stanley out of form? Why not Holmes in the ruck.

Yes, I am deliberately being stupid, to make a point.

O’Connor to Kelly. The County Kerry lad should work off him the other way, and as much as I loved Kelly at Geelong, he has zero defensive game.
I love it that the majority of cats fans have plenty of respect for Tim Kelly (not so much the misso). Well done Geelong.

You’ve convinced me.

Constable in the forward pocket for him.

Let’s improve on Bews. Jenkins will do well as a small defender. Stanley out of form? Why not Holmes in the ruck.

Yes, I am deliberately being stupid, to make a point.

It's not about specific players replacing Dahl. It's about the fact that some players are criticised for shortcomings and sent to the VFL to bring their game to AFL standard, whilst Dahl is given a free pass to run around in the seniors although he makes no discernible contribution to the team or scoreboard.

I'm not interested in hypothetical's as to whom to trade or draft.
It's how you use what you have. You don't need 6 WoJo's
Stewart, Tuohy and Rohan are more than enough.
Kolo need to be instructed to run and look for a long target
Bews needs to practice his kicking to hit a target
Clark has the speed and skill but needs game time and coaching.
The problem is :- 1: structure, midfield targets are all short and wide rather that in the corridor.
2: Cohesion, players are not no the same page as when to go fast or slow.

Chris Scott started the short wide target as a response to the manic defense, heavy zoning and flooding + teams blocking the corridor when he arrived .
Kolo instructed to run? Would you also like Joel Selwood to pull out of a contest too. (Neither are realistic possibilities)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back