Fixture Round 6 other games

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to hear that, and more power to you. Exactly what I do and how I approach my footy suppirting these days. You and I aren't so different after all.

You and I both love Collingwood , passionate and want what`s best for our club, I at times get a little emotional and vocal , you are calmer and try and be the voice of reason , but yes, we aren`t so different , if everyone is thinking the same, someone is not thinking, that is all about striving for excellence, we may not get there, but we must strive for it, if you, I , the Club or any individual or organisation has this as their end goal and motivation , then those who are invested, be it emotionally or financially, are satisfied with the end outcome

You and I both love Collingwood , passionate and want what`s best for our club, I at times get a little emotional and vocal , you are calmer and try and be the voice of reason , but yes, we aren`t so different , if everyone is thinking the same, someone is not thinking, that is all about striving for excellence, we may not get there, but we must strive for it, if you, I , the Club or any individual or organisation has this as their end goal and motivation , then those who are invested, be it emotionally or financially, are satisfied with the end outcome
What a brilliant post, straight from your heart! You really should post qualiry such ad this more often. You're right, supporting the mighty magpies is a broad church and it would be a shame if it was otherwise.

What a brilliant post, straight from your heart! You really should post qualiry such ad this more often. You're right, supporting the mighty magpies is a broad church and it would be a shame if it was otherwise.

Amen Capital brother, see you soon at the MCG altar for the rejuvenation and manifestation of the Magpie revival and glory

Or maybe up here at Manuka, if the Pies ever play another match on this neck of the woods?

Absolutely , funny you mention Manuka , was there in the rain when we played North there, Taz kicked a set shot banana goal , in the pouring Canberra rain, as he drilled it, the ball was spinning, spinning ,I`ve got this , side nudge my mate, I took the mark 3 rows back , see you at Manuka Capital , should we play there

the amount of spread of goals in other teams is frustrating. We just don’t have anywhere near that level of players capable of kicking goals

I’m shocked. Is anyone watching the so called ANZAC pre game ceremony to. What a disgrace. An Aboriginal Elder carry a flaming torch lit a cauldron. This was first introduced be the Nazis at the 36 Olympics. Does the AFL not know it’s history.? Terrible imagery on Anzac Day

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m shocked. Is anyone watching the so called ANZAC pre game ceremony to. What a disgrace. An Aboriginal Elder carry a flaming torch lit a cauldron. This was first introduced be the Nazis at the 36 Olympics. Does the AFL not know it’s history.? Terrible imagery on Anzac Day

Seriously mate?
Firstly, a flaming torch lighting a cauldron was not "introduced by the Nazis" as you claim. It was not even first done at the 1936 olimpics as you claim. First done at 1928 Olympics.
Secondly, even if it was done by the nazis, why does that mean it's bad to do it now if it has no political connotation?. Nazi Germany did actually introduce a few things widely in use today (lighting cauldrons with torches not being one of them).
Should no one be able to fly on jet planes, should we ban rockets,? Should our army not use assault rifles?, No night vision, no helicopters, Hugo boss, Fanta, Jagermeister, methadone, methamphetamine, Jerrycans, just to name a few. ?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously mate?
Firstly, a flaming torch lighting a cauldron was not "introduced by the Nazis" as you claim. It was not even first done at the 1936 olimpics as you claim. First done at 1928 Olympics.
Secondly, even if it was done by the nazis, why does that mean it's bad to do it now if it has no political connotation?. Nazi Germany did actually introduce a few things widely in use today (lighting cauldrons with torches not being one of them).
Should no one be able to fly on jet planes, should we ban rockets,? Should our army not use assault rifles?, No night vision, no helicopters, Hugo boss, Fanta, Jagermeister, methadone, methamphetamine, Jerrycans, just to name a few. ?

Apologies for my historical error however my point still stands. Why perpetuate these awful traditions. We should have dignified silence and remember those that sacrificed their lives. That is the true spirit of ANZAC Day

Apologies for my historical error however my point still stands. Why perpetuate these awful traditions. We should have dignified silence and remember those that sacrificed their lives. That is the true spirit of ANZAC Day

Better extinguish the Eternal Flame at the shrine then.
Because that’s what they were recreating.

Your point does not stand any kind of logic or moral test. It is not an "aweful tradition"... It's lighting a cauldron .. get a grip.
Btw... The eternal flames in cauldrons are a feature of WWW1 memorials. They are symbolic of not forgetting... Holding the flame. You are so wrong about this it's not funny!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back